Museum bosses left unbalanced?

"
reboticon wrote:
They are easy. The thing that is killing you is the Chaos EK. Even an amethyst flask is not nearly enough if you are sitting on -60. If you keep a couple belts/rings/ammys with chaos resist and swap em in first, its a joke.

(And yes, they obliterated me the first time I went in there. Next couple times, total faceroll. Dropped a maul I sold for 4ex.)

Yeah its definitely the chaos that hurts the most,but like you said once you know they are actually faceroll, when I pull them one at a time, my 3k dps multistrike cyclone kills them in 2-3 seconds.
S L O W E R
wanted to share this video (bossvideo for museums linked in the wiki).

doesnt look like its always possible to simply pull them one by one. and this guy is ci... well, have a look yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uxxyQmamdE

this is really no fight for a 68er map...
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
Well This guy is not moving at all, eating the whole dps of the tentacle miscreation and the other monsters .... no wonder it hurts.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Clownkrieger wrote:

doesnt look like its always possible to simply pull them one by one. and this guy is ci... well, have a look yourself

the tittybitch does a lot of damage to you, mostly probably you dont have much armor and fire resist is just 75.
try a low-level arctic armour, if youre standing in place anyway. you'd be surprised at how the fight turns into a joke.
"
Clownkrieger wrote:

He walks up and throws an ice spear totem, of course he's going to pull everything all at once, also I have a feeling he already went down once because the smoke mine detonated instantly as he went through the stairs, the boss can't even toss a smoke mine that far.

Also at the beginning he it says "You have entered Museum" Meaning he left the map and went to town and came back.

So I call bullshit
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Nov 15, 2013, 3:18:51 PM
These bosses are way harder than the map level they are placed in. GGG is becoming notorious for doing this lately. This encounter would be fine in say a 72+ map, but not a 68, completely overdone.

Now i like challenging games, but these random MASSIVE spikes in challenge from GGG have got to stop. Devourer also does not belong in a lvl 66 map, nor does the Blacksmith.

I really wonder what kind of character they tested these maps with, I'm going to assume its a build that they already nerfed to the ground and had a legacy Kaom's with everything being BiS. GGG not everyone has the best gear in the game, there needs to be a bit of a buffer in maps so the player can gear up before encountering bosses that are going to one shot you. Level 72+ maps is where these ridiculous tripple boss encounters belong.

Another thing, chaos resist still remains extremely hard to get, expecting someone that is running a 68 map to have near capped chaos resist, and balancing around that is just fucking stupid. I'm sorry, I love you guys at GGG, but you can be pretty overzealous with balancing content.
Sounds alot like ouch. ^^
I paly solo+selffound so no great items, Chaos resist is a big issue, I even have trouble with the Rain of (Chaos) Arrow Boss in Thicket and it's only a Level 67 Area (so boss may be lvl 69). And I run this maps usualy with my mighty Level 81 Summoner Witch that killed Dominus at first try without even going back to the town within the fight.

But Chaos damage is my weak spot. Eve get to +-0% is not easy without sacrificing other important gear pieces. I guess I should skip all Maps with chaos bosses in it.
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Nov 15, 2013, 4:51:03 PM
Thicket boss is pure phys unless they recently changed something and I missed it.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Sure, the bosses are easy if you outlevel and outgear the zone. I think the main problem is new players will not be able to have the required chaos res and armor. And a chaos flask is not nearly enough if you are at minus 60 res.
"
reboticon wrote:
Thicket boss is pure phys unless they recently changed something and I missed it.

Sure? Well, at least the arrows are poison-green. ^^
But he hurts me to much for pure phys damage imho, especialy with Arctic Armor. Feels like full chaos dmg. but OK, I don't have much Armor overall. At least I have the Shield Spectres that help me there, they can do miracles somtimes.
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Nov 15, 2013, 7:49:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info