Museum bosses left unbalanced?

Hey,

I just did the museum map (68) for second time. I didnt have any negative modifiers on map, have 20k armor (37k granite). I also run Mana shield, have resists capped etc.

I went down like a piece of garbage when the bosses started to act.

My question is: why havent Museum been balanced like the Trapper boss in Villa or Devourers in Orchard (or whatever it was 66 map)?

Seems like all the new maps have bosses that are ridiculously overtuned at the moment (or atleast were before you nerfed 2 of them in yesterdays patch). Friends tell me to avoid Villa Boss at any cost and even the 66 Devourer did stupid amounts of damage for a 66 map boss.

Best,
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Oct 30, 2013, 10:47:56 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
issue that makes this even bigger problem - that area is very small and you cannot set yourself up properly. you are immediately pinned down to the stair case and that is not cool :/
just wanna jump in here to say: nerf those mapbosses oO

got nearly insta-raped with a lvl 86 char that has no problems on any other 68er map, and this one was blue, no hard extra dmgmods... pure madness :D

E: nearly insta-raped means: i got raped, but after 3 seconds. tried to escape and dragged the monsters to the doorway. the 2nd time i entered i GOT insta-raped ;)

E2: to give some perspective: was able to solo temple-piety some days before...
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
Last edited by Clownkrieger on Nov 14, 2013, 10:47:30 AM
No nerf needed.
Just don't charge in like you do on all other encounters..

You can actually pull in this game as well.

And armor won't help much against chaos damage and a multi projectile tentacle miscreation..
With enough dps you can still charge in and nuke them tho.
IGN: Iski
try a good chaos flask
Roma timezone (Italy)
Depending on how you fight the bosses, each one poses a threat, but only one poses the greatest threat for most players.

1. The Hollow Lady - The tentacle miscreation, she has a Haste aura and the projectiles she shoots I'm sure are physical/fire-based like its base mob. High armor/block/dodge/Ondar/AA is required.

2. The Broken Prince - The regular miscreation, he has a Slow-enemy aura and a smoke mine ability (I don't think he has Flicker Strike) that can be dangerous when in close proximity with other boss mobs. The smoke mine reduces player visibility to almost nothing as well as reducing your chance to hit (if not RT). Also has a slow-attacking but far reaching Reave ability (not highly damaging).

3. The Fallen Queen - The whipping miscreation, she is by far the deadliest boss in the trio. She shoots chaos-based EK, Viper Strike, and upon contact with her normal hit, she casts an instant chaos-mine explosion like that of Alchemists that's highly damaging. To deal with this boss without issues, high chaos rez and armor is needed. Amethyst flask is also great to use.

When combined with all three bosses at once, it makes for a very harrowing fight unless your chaos resist is very high or CI-based. High armor and maxed rez is expected. Best way to approach this map is to inch closer to the boss area, and pulling mobs/bosses 1 by 1.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Nov 14, 2013, 11:15:39 AM
well, was my first try on this map... perhaps i will give it a try again after a lvlup. think the problem really was i advanced to fast in the first encounter and dragged them all into the small corridor, including the magic adds.

and yes, chaosres is @-60, armour, res and life should be no issue though.

nevertheless totally out of place in the 68er-range of maps imho...
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
If you rush too fast they will rape you as they can be a threat even to well geared chars.
"
Just don't charge in like you do on all other encounters..

You can actually pull in this game as well.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I thought it was hard at first, but you can easily pull each one, one at a time and they go down in seconds, even my first time pulling all three I noticed chaos damage so I grabbed a chaos flask and spammed it with granites and still made it out alive

level 83 5K health 12k Armor 77 resists -24 chaos resist

I have no idea how someone -level 80 is supposed to do it though unless you have super insane gear or are just really good and play hardcore and never die
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Nov 14, 2013, 12:18:45 PM
They are easy. The thing that is killing you is the Chaos EK. Even an amethyst flask is not nearly enough if you are sitting on -60. If you keep a couple belts/rings/ammys with chaos resist and swap em in first, its a joke.

(And yes, they obliterated me the first time I went in there. Next couple times, total faceroll. Dropped a maul I sold for 4ex.)
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info