Museum bosses left unbalanced?

All the new monsters added in 1.0 seem super-OP, and do crazy damage, out of proportion to the rest of the monsters with exact same level.

With the museum bosses, I think there is a technique issue.

My roommate was doing museum map today. I was sitting there, watching him. He had 4600hp. He has decent armor, and his hp never drops except during Dominus fights. He entered the boss room, and Kali the Crazed one-shotted him. We could not believe it. He returned to kill her, and successfully did it using a Ruby Flask. She had multiple projectiles mod, which is very hard even with maxed fire resists. In retrospect, I wanted to suggest him Arctic Armor which is one of the best ways to mitigate fire damage.

1) Think of the museum bosses as the Diablo 2 Ubers. Lure them out one by one and kill them near the doorway.
2) For Kali the Crazed, use Ruby Flask + Arctic Armor. For Alal, use an Amethyst Flask. And Orcus is perhaps the easiest of them with no special tricks needed to defeat him.
just tried, got double lady

fuck this game yeah gg
Im under the impression the thicket boss is 50/50 phys and chaos too.
I've run several museums recently.
I've noticed, that museum bosses are tough. I was even very close to die from those one time. But in return, they drop far more loot, than ordinary bosses do. I find that pretty balanced. Want more loot? Welcome to Museum's challenge. Want to kill boss safely? Choose another map.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Jungle Valley boss (with unending adds who flicker strike) is worse.

But I agree: every player who fights the Museum bosses for the first time with no knowledge about the fight, will die.
The biggest problem with this fight isn't the damage. These guys aren't that much more tuned than they were in the sceptre of god. The problem is the room you're stuck in fighting them. It's TINY. It's even smaller than that room in Overgrown Ruin, which was uncomfortable with one medium-sized, average-movement boss and a pack. This one has three fast-moving bosses with complementary auras. Me and my friend can farm them (I have 9k life and he has 18% life leech, sick AOE DPS and Vaal Pact), but for a 68 map, they're absolutely overtuned. Either bring their damage down a little bit or make the room a bit larger. Cordoning it off like that into that tiny little space makes everything so much harder than it should be.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Easy boss. Just as all Bosses. Nothing to do here *flies away*

Edit: tbh this boss is ridiculously easy. I just instaraped them solo on patch day. Just run around a bit ...
Last edited by Xantaria on Nov 18, 2013, 6:49:18 AM
With what char ? what kinda of gear and which level ?
Saying "I raped it trololol it's easy" won't help anyone here and won't really make a point.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I find them almost too easy, by pulling them one at a time, my 3k dps cyclone shreads them in seconds.

I'm thinking of doing a twinned just for the fun of it

13K Armor 5.3K Health 77% all resist and -54 chaos
S L O W E R
I found them fairly easy cheesing them up with whirling blades (I pulled all 3 :x)

2.9k hp 1747 evasion, 75-67-75 res.

Life leech was enough to sustain without the need for pots. Hope this cheese tactic helps.
Last edited by Augbot on Dec 21, 2013, 9:03:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info