Museum bosses left unbalanced?

"
but but..this is my favorite map
So many unique bosses in one map, oh gwad. with high MF this maps drop rares like mad.

lol. when i figure it out it will be my summoners favorite map too.

the RF build has poor MF so not much point running the map with her.

meanwhile everyone keeps saying you have to "lure them out". no duh.

the problem is i have absolutely had them ALL know i was there and then ALL 3 are on you in a confined space. that makes things very tough.

i mean people talk about owning them, but my RF build is very, very tanky and if i don't keep moving and get after them in a hurry, i'm dead. and with positive chaos resist no less.

and once they are aggro'ed going from upstairs back down is almost impossible.
You can deal with it by pulling one or two right next to the door then speed run into the room thus losing aggro from the ones you just pulled (usually the broken prince and the hollow lady are the ones who will come). Then you can just kite around in the room WITHOUT getting too close to the corridor.

(playing SB double totem build)

Cheers.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
well i just leveled so i'm going to go and figure out what happened. note to others don't go do museum bosses when you are 90% of the way to level 83, LOL.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I first did this map being lvl 75, maybe even lower :)
"
plasticeyes wrote:
kiting is tough and i think that's the problem. A "bad start" means that they know you are there, you get the aggro, and you start getting ripped up while they are off-screen.
Totally agree. And about snakes too. But it's still doable. At least my zombs were never shredded like paperdolls.
"
then speed run into the room thus losing aggro from the ones you just pulled
Hmm, are they rly so stupid? But it won't help summoner, because even if they lose aggro on you, there are minions behind you which can't speed run into the room...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
nightblade157 wrote:
You can one-shot them from offscreen with flameblast and burning damage.
Its weird how certain insanely difficult bosses are so stupidly easy with some builds. Not good imo.

i'm amazed that works.

as often as i take horrendous damage from off-screen i would think they would aggro immediately.

i know the first time i went down there i didn't know what was waiting for me.

they killed me from off-screen, which is really, really annoying.

torchlight2 had that problem too. is it some sort of hard to solve problem or something ??

well u just need to pull off the initial 8-10 stack flameblast (after cursing them) from offscreen. After that u can leave the room if u want, or just stand far far away as they burn to death. Actually the flameblast offscreen killing works for many other bosses as well.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Criptospora wrote:
Orchard: is super EZ mode, you just have to hit, strafe, hit, strafe, hit, strafe, and you kill it without even getting hit once (temp chains helps if you are slow as fuck).
Dunes: you just get away when he gets close, he is super slow and doesn't hit hard. Maybe the chaos clouds are killing you? Then just get out of them, it's not like they move...
Museum: you just pull them 1 by 1, use minions, enfeeble/temp chains... The only time i had some trouble with those was in a double boss + 3 damage mods.

Seriously I just feel they should make maps even harder because too many "not so good players" are getting into maps thinking they should be a cakewalk. For example, I just did a villa map, 6 man public party. 3 people died to trash mobs, another one died to the boss, only me and the map owner survived. It's just pathetic.

Villa boss can very much be beaten without taking any damage with a ranged character if you are enough skilled mechanically. However, for melee players (actual melee, not "GGG melee"), it is a straight gear check.

I am a ranged character and i just facetank him, he deals no damage. Only when he bear traps and casts all his traps at once at you can you get low, but the second i get trapped i just Light Warp far away and he misses everything. Oh, and i only spent 10c for my gear, so it's not like i'm OP.
"
silumit wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I first did this map being lvl 75, maybe even lower :)
"
plasticeyes wrote:
kiting is tough and i think that's the problem. A "bad start" means that they know you are there, you get the aggro, and you start getting ripped up while they are off-screen.
Totally agree. And about snakes too. But it's still doable. At least my zombs were never shredded like paperdolls.

yeah, generally the zombies are pretty tough especially with bone offering. and i even have the chaos resist nodes for minions.

i'm not sure what happened, but i just leveled, so i'm going to run that map until i figure it out :-)

and i've noticed in this game that everybody does everything better than i do, so it's not surprising that you could do it at 75. i'm sure you used self-found gear and your zombies were probably 3L too, right ? ;-)

"
plasticeyes wrote:

yeah, generally the zombies are pretty tough especially with bone offering. and i even have the chaos resist nodes for minions.

i'm not sure what happened, but i just leveled, so i'm going to run that map until i figure it out :-)

and i've noticed in this game that everybody does everything better than i do, so it's not surprising that you could do it at 75. i'm sure you used self-found gear and your zombies were probably 3L too, right ? ;-)

Don't worry about it. My zombie gem is lvl 19 with 20% quality, and they still die on that fight.

What I do:

Take 2 steps towards the bosses and place spell totem to summon skeletons, at the same time I use Vaal summon skeletons to soak up initial hits.

Curse to make my zombies aggro on the bosses.

At this point I start to spam desecrate and summon zombies as they die.

I have done this with 2 unique bosses on map, and usually the fight last's no longer than 10 seconds.

Free loot for you to enjoy ;)
"
plasticeyes wrote:
and i've noticed in this game that everybody does everything better than i do
Strange thing, I often notice the same :)
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i'm sure you used self-found gear and your zombies were probably 3L too, right ? ;-)
The only not-SF item in my setup is Midnight Bargain. My zombies are in this +2minions 4L SF helmet:

PS. btw, I can give you one (it is lower-level ES only, afair) for free if you need it.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info