[Stream]First Impression - Bored

"
Beros wrote:
you cant sell items

And you'll never be able to. There is no in game currency for a reason.

"
Beros wrote:

This game is missing tons of content...

And that's why it's still in testing. The definition of beta and alpha are different from company to company, and it especially varies depending on exactly what kind of feedback the developer wants at different stages. Any other company's or outside source's definition of beta and alpha are completely irrelevant.
Last edited by anderfreak on Sep 1, 2011, 2:34:59 AM
"
telljer wrote:
"
Beros wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
You quoted the definition of "beta test" as a way to show this game isn't ready for a beta. You failed in that comparison, because it fits exactly into the definition you quoted.

Not really, you cant sell items, you cant pvp, the passive skill tree is filled with temp icons, the bosses don't have animations or special abilities, the regular monsters are bland, grouping is not setup, its a alpha at best. The pure definition of beta usually means that code is locked down and only minor bug fixes are being worked in.

I beta tested the latest expansion to WoW last year. Testers were allowed to test zones as they rolled them out. Testers were level capped throughout the test until the final zones were finished. Testers were unable to PvP in many previously released PvP specific zones and the PvP was unbalanced terribly. This is a wildly popular big title game by a premier developer I'm talking about.

I actually wonder if you know what you're talking about.

I think the reason for the dragged on discussion is to save face after a hasty judgement.

This topic is important for sparking up discussion and feedback on the game, but the premise of this particular OP is weak.
Haters on the internet?...oh wait...
"
anderfreak wrote:
"
Beros wrote:
you cant sell items

And you'll never be able to. There is no in game currency for a reason.

"
Beros wrote:

And that's why it's still in testing. The definition of beta and alpha are different from company to company, and it especially varies depending on exactly what kind of feedback the developer wants at different stages. Any other company's or outside source's definition of beta and alpha are completely irrelevant.

u should better watch some streams .. u know the npcs got sell function? and the current currency is ORBS! u will be able to sell , so dont tell some bull****

"
telljer wrote:
"
Beros wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
You quoted the definition of "beta test" as a way to show this game isn't ready for a beta. You failed in that comparison, because it fits exactly into the definition you quoted.

Not really, you cant sell items, you cant pvp, the passive skill tree is filled with temp icons, the bosses don't have animations or special abilities, the regular monsters are bland, grouping is not setup, its a alpha at best. The pure definition of beta usually means that code is locked down and only minor bug fixes are being worked in.

I beta tested the latest expansion to WoW last year. Testers were allowed to test zones as they rolled them out. Testers were level capped throughout the test until the final zones were finished. Testers were unable to PvP in many previously released PvP specific zones and the PvP was unbalanced terribly. This is a wildly popular big title game by a premier developer I'm talking about.

I actually wonder if you know what you're talking about.

Expansions have nothing to do with the initial release. PvP isnt/wasnt new to wow they already had to basic mechanics setup and balanced. I played alpha/closed/open beta in WoW and they had PvP enabled in the specific zones since closed beta. Don't compare apples to oranges.

Your missing the original point of my post, the game simply is boring to me, and unless something major changes, I think most people will feel the same after about a two weeks - a month playing. Just look at the streamers that don't stream anymore (where did they go?) 1000's of beta accounts and only ever really 120-150 players online.

Its simple, content is currently weak, and the core of the game might be developed...but its still slow paced, bland, repetitive, and overall boring. If it would make you "haters" more pleased, I can post a professional review of why I think its boring with statistical data and reasoning.

PS. Cataclysm did have PvP enabled during its beta testing, the expansion just shuffled where you could do it freely.
Last edited by Beros on Sep 1, 2011, 9:04:07 AM
Contemporary alphas and betas have effectively spoiled many people. The WOW alpha was a MUCH more complete game than POE is currently... by perhaps an entire year of development.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
OP I really do not understand what you are complaining about. While I am not in the beta and can't comment on the actual gameplay experience, almost everything you mentioned is listed in the Beta Manifesto as things that the developer is still planning to add/work on (with the exception of the skill tree, which I hope they're not going to mess with too much...). From what I'm seeing GGG is being extremely open with its prospective playerbase and soliciting feedback early on. The videos I've seen look great and the gameplay seems to be getting positive reviews from reviewers.

I feel like you're just arguing semantics saying "This game was not ready for beta, I don't think it's fun". Well good news, you don't have to play it. Shelve your beta key and check back in the month and see how things progress. GGG has acknowledged that they plan to add or address most of what you asked for, you just need to wait.

I would agree with you about monster UI though. I do think playing a game where monsters don't have varied abilities, strengths/weaknesses does make for bland gameplay (Diablo II did this well with varied mods on bosses, fast monsters, monsters with knockback, monsters that could block etc...). However, it's been noted that it's going to be improved, I'm not sure what else you really want.
"
IonicSlayer wrote:
While I am not in the beta and can't comment on the actual gameplay experience...
Interestingly enough, he's not in the beta, either.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
I think people confuse betas with demos, and find themselves let down.
"
zeto wrote:
Contemporary alphas and betas have effectively spoiled many people. The WOW alpha was a MUCH more complete game than POE is currently... by perhaps an entire year of development.

True, I obviously wouldn't be posting my concerns if I didn't care for the game, but I'm hoping that the PvP implementation will provide me with the void that is PvE.

I think I broke my right click on my mouse from spamming the only ability I ever have to use.

Supporting a game is good, but you can't have a quality game with yes people.
Last edited by Beros on Sep 1, 2011, 11:42:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info