[Stream]First Impression - Bored

"
Kiong wrote:
If you really want a 'special' experience, you probably should climb a mountain or something?
Every game has its own concept be it FPS, strategy or RPG. The best games are usually simple in concept but perfect in execution or almost perfect =)

I have climbed mountains actually :)
http://d4rkage.com/skud/c1.jpg
Last edited by Beros on Aug 31, 2011, 2:25:47 PM
The game is missing the bulk, it should be in the development cycle still... not beta.

"
Beta
See also: Beta release

Beta is feature and asset complete version of the game, when only bugs are being fixed.[120][121] This version contains no bugs that prevent the game from being shippable.[120] No changes are made to the game features, assets, or code. Beta occurs two to three months before code release.[121]

The only interest I have in this game is for the PvP aspect of the game. The PvE Grind is a much slower pace compared to games such as diablo2, sacred 2, and so on. With the passive skill tree you will see a endless quest to find the perfect build, which wont take long, then you will have 1000's of mimickers farming items.

I am not saying the game doesn't have potential, I am just being a realist, the game is not "beta" quality yet.
Two hours should put you about half way through Act 1. Even considering the current lack of content in the game, what you played barely even scratches the surface of what is there.
Forum Sheriff
Level 22 ranger now, through the acts, if you can call act 2 an act. One day of playing the game I'm bored and awaiting for my bf3 beta to start up.

The game is a neat idea, but there is a lot of work left.
Last edited by Beros on Aug 31, 2011, 2:31:42 PM
sounds a little harsh on a beta game
I don't think you understand what "beta" means in a development cycle. (PLM/PLC)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. This is just mine coming from a very avid gamer of all genres. I lost interested after a day, I'll try it up again when PvP is implemented.
Last edited by Beros on Aug 31, 2011, 2:49:38 PM
I think it's even more interesting, that these people let us play such an early state of that game. The story and the acts aren't even finished yet. So there is plenty of time for people to bring up amazing ideas. Other developers would have finished most of it already, for that a lot of suggestions from players simple don't make into the final game.
Imagine Diablo 3 would have been released an early beta state and they would have gotten TONS of complains about the graphics, maybe they would have changed it in the first place, but now, with lots of areas already finished I see no chance for that.
Good Luck! May the key be with you!
Perhaps not - on the other hand, the definition of "beta" you cite may represent an idealized development timeline rather than the usual practice for the industry.
To those who don't consult Wikipedia for every word they encounter, "beta" may well just mean "time when the public has access to the game before it's officially released".

The devs agree with you - they're not done, not by a long shot. However, they have also reached a point both where large-scale feedback is useful, and where the core game mechanics are well enough in place to be enjoyable to a larger audience.

There's a bit of a balancing act to be done between polishing a game before showing it off, and sticking to (publicly) estimated release dates.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Think it nice they let people play the game at such an early state and give feedback.

Wouldn't be fun if they gave all the goodies away at this point tho ;)

Keep the work up Devs!
Last edited by hoevding on Aug 31, 2011, 3:27:01 PM
True, but a game doesn't become better by dreaming or guessing that it will. How can you beta test something that doesn't exist yet in a game. If its missing, its missing. There will be no feedback or ramifications from those components, and that my friend is what leads to imbalances in a final game.

The game is listed as beta, so there is no where for the development cycle to go. Now it will just linger in "beta" for XX Months/years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info