Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

"
Oroboro wrote:
"
incognito626 wrote:
I was interesting in trying out your build. My main concern is, is this build still 1.0.3 patch viable and does there need to be any adjustments made to the build/passive tree/gems etc?

Yep, it's up to date!

Total newb here. Got a few questions.

Haven't beaten game yet, so haven't unlocked scion. How do you go about getting Voll's protector? Lucky drop? Or Trade? I understand how to use the orbs.

Everything else seems straightforward. I'm guessing things can be acquired via trades, or by grinding for drops in the endgame dungeons.

Great build Brandon, looks like a lot of fun. I'm also enjoying the Oro&Peeb channel. Hope to see more content coming soon.
So I've been playing this build, level 42 now and loving it. Every mob of enemies explodes in a couple of chain discharges, awesome to look at. Until I get to a single rare, let alone a boss and the fun ends. I literally can't kill them without spending 10 minutes. Am I missing something? Even with 40% crit chance (without power charges) discharge rarely procs and when it does, for very little damage.

Is there a possibility of using a different attack for single target?
I managed to 5-link my Voll's using only several chroms and fusings. :D

Anyway, I am level 46 and having a blast. I have a few questions though:

1) If you have the boots that allow 2 curses, what is the best combo? Right now I am running enfeeble on CwDT, and I use critical weakness on manual cast. Is elemental weakness a necessity?

2) What do you use for single target until your crit is high enough for discharge on single target to be effective? Right now I am using Storm's call with concentrated aura/crit chance/crit multi ... I am wondering if there's a better spell I can use.

3) Having clarity eating up my mana and only giving me ~204 left, what is the point of using discipline?

4) Should I go for some mana regen nodes (there are two that are close by, Deep Thoughts and Mental Acuity)?
Last edited by Uncshabob on Dec 13, 2013, 10:23:59 PM
"
Uncshabob wrote:
I managed to 5-link my Voll's using only several chroms and fusings. :D

Anyway, I am level 46 and having a blast. I have a few questions though:

1) If you have the boots that allow 2 curses, what is the best combo? Right now I am running enfeeble on CwDT, and I use critical weakness on manual cast. Is elemental weakness a necessity?

3) Having clarity eating up my mana and only giving me ~204 left, what is the point of using discipline?

1: It's not a necessity. If you wand a really good damage boost, go for it. If you're being shredded before you can start chain-discharging -> use enfeeble.

3: You use discipline because it gives you a bigger mana pool (assuming that you did spec into EB), which increases your base mana regen by quite a bit. You use clarity afterwards so you have basically enough mana regen to keep spamming ST even in 50% regen maps. (That won't work if your clarity severely outlevels your discipline)

A plus is, that you give other group members a bit of energy shield.
I went ahead and got the passive that shares charges with party members. No reason as to not get it. Give them a little boost even if the charges expire fast.

Not to mention, get 2 dischargers in a group running that and it's game over!
Tried it with another scion who was using this build and after i got my charges up and we both started disrcharging I could see a huuuuge improvement in his discharge rate.
THIS BUILD IS CRAZY....

now i really have to find some passive skill point refounds.... any1 got a clue for me : /
To all those that can't get 3 greens in their Voli's - I have a different problem:

:)

I'm using 4th green for EK at the moment, since I just cant think of a better gem to put in. The extra dps is nice, but I am afraid I'll have to break the greens to get the red slot for life steal. :( Does anyone have any alternative suggestion?
Last edited by MacoLa27 on Dec 15, 2013, 2:31:32 AM
Hello all,

I was using this build and guide exactly, got a bit tired of spectral throw and wanted to try a Melee style and have found a decent setup:

Volls: Reave/Multistrike/Life leech/Discharge/Cast on crit/Increased AOE

You run to a pack, keep using Reave, every hit it creates more AOE, which the increased AOE gem helps, Multistrike for fast hits

Main benefit too, is you only need 2 green slots for Volls so you can try it immediately
Hey guys, this build is amazing, unfortunately until I upgrade my computer, I can no longer run this build, thus I am selling off my discharger set. I apologize to OP for unforutunately being unable to run this build to max. Anyways, here is my gear:

Also, selling these other items based on another CoC build:

Please respect the thread and not post offers here. PM me or message me in game @Sneak_Attackz.
Also: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/703197/page/1#p6087391
"
Oroboro wrote:

The Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KExKt5VKQx4

This build is an life based Scion that uses Spectral Throw as a conduit to activate a chain of fully linked Discharges for free with the new Cast on Critical Strike gem.
You can watch my livestream at: http://www.twitch.tv/brandon505
Please note that this build is pretty vulnerable to reflect so I wouldn't recommend it on Hardcore at all. You can still dodge reflect by using EK if you play carefully.

PASSIVE TREE *UPDATED FOR 1.0.3*

I picked the Scion because she is by far the most cost efficient class for this build. You don't need any mana or mana regen at all because your discharges are free with the Cast on Crit gem. I grab EB and use Clarity to have enough mana to spam Spectral Throw. You use Spectral Throw just to crit to get the discharges out.

LEVELING PASSIVES

GEAR
Spoiler

The most important piece of gear is Voll's Protector. You will have to get 3 green sockets and a minimum of a 4L( although 5L is highly recommended to get the colors easier) so it's going to cost A LOT of chromatics regardless. You need it so that when you crit you can gain more than one power charge per spectral throw(compared to Power Charge on Crit gem). The ideal dagger has high base crit % and spell damage. I use Lioneye's Remorse for the armor that I lack from using Voll's and Maligaro's.

GEMS
Spoiler
6L: Spectral Throw(level one) - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cast on Crit - Discharge - Life Leech - Increased Area of Effect
4L: Cast on Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Critical Weakness(lvl 5) - Enduring Cry(lvl 5) - Decoy Totem(lvl 8)
4L: Cast on Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Immortal Call(lvl 3) - Increased Duration - Molten Shell(lvl 7)
4L: Spectral Throw(lvl 1) - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cast on Crit - Etheral Knives
3L: Whirling Blades(lvl 1) - Faster Attacks - Portal
3L: Reduced Mana - Clarity - Discipline

Your Voll's will have a fully linked discharge that goes off constantly when you crit with spectral throw. To deal with ele reflect packs I use another Spectral Throw with the Cast on Crit gem linked with Etheral Knives because it is a physical spell.
Spectral Throw is your way to activate the discharges. Because it hits several times per throw, it can crit several times per throw. This makes it the perfect way to spam activate the Cast on Critical Strike gem with high critical strike chance and Greater Multiple Projectiles. You keep Spectral Throw at level one because we aren't using it for the damage and leveling it increases the mana cost by a small amount.
You want the Cast on Damage Taken gems to be level one so they activate every time you get hit. When you take damage, you will automatically use Critical Weakness, Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, Decoy Totem and Immortal Call.
You use whirling blades linked with faster attacks to get out of packs if you are surrounded or for a movement speed boost.

BANDITS
Spoiler
Normal - Help Oak - +40 base Life
Cruel - Help Kraityn - +8% Attack Speed
Merciless - Help Alira - +1 Max Power Charge

IMAGES

The Boom

Average Damage Per Full Charge Discharge

MY OTHER BUILDS

Righteous Fire Marauder
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/663122

Oro's Sacrifice Leap Slam Prolif Marauder
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705806

GAMEPLAY

You literally walk to a group of mobs, throw a couple of spectral throws, discharge like crazy, and everything will be dead(including yourself if you don't look out for reflect). GG

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Can u say me wich one of these daggers is the best ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info