Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

"
muzzol wrote:
"
Maverick1st wrote:
"
muzzol wrote:
noob question here: every single copy of GMP has it's own critical chance?

No.
Crits are action based, not hit based.
If you cast Spectral Throw, this is an action. If your crit procs, every of your hits with spectral throw will crit, regardless, how many projectiles and how often it hits.
(At least that is what i was told)

so what's the point of having GMP gem instead of Increased Critical Strikes? lazy aim?

I don't get it

Basically, doubling your crit chance will double the number of procs you should get, but quadrupling the number of projectiles should (if firing into a pack) roughly quadruple the number of procs you get, and both options only need 1 gem slot.

Because the cast on crit proc rolls per hit not per attack, if you crit on an attack that hits a group of mobs 10 times, you get separate rolls to trigger your linked spell for each of the ten hits. Those linked spells can themselves crit and generate charges thanks to Voll's. The chain reaction is brutal on the mobs, and even harder on your video card heatsink.

Also, because discharge doesn't benefit from GMP, it also shouldn't take the per projectile damage reduction - EK, otoh, gets little benefit from a couple more knives but takes a quite significant dmg nerf from GMP. The mana multiplier is almost meaningless because we're not levelling ST, so GMP is free crits. The problem is on single target, because ST can't shotgun so in that one case, you're right that ICS would be better.

The main issue I have with ST+COC+Discharge is the range issue - ST significantly outranges discharge and I will kill the core of the pack while leaving stragglers, which is inefficient as you need to group them up again. I think dual EK has a lot going for it, but the downside is having to roll 4 off colours on your Voll's, which 100 chromes in I still haven't done.
"
The main issue I have with ST+COC+Discharge is the range issue - ST significantly outranges discharge

That can be fixed by grabbing +aoe nodes and having a 20% discharge. Right now, my discharge covers everything my ST can reach and I'm still missing about 24% worth of nodes. Soon as I get those, I'll switch to concentrated effect for a massive damage boost.
"
Shivaun wrote:

Basically, doubling your crit chance will double the number of procs you should get, but quadrupling the number of projectiles should (if firing into a pack) roughly quadruple the number of procs you get, and both options only need 1 gem slot.

Because the cast on crit proc rolls per hit not per attack, if you crit on an attack that hits a group of mobs 10 times, you get separate rolls to trigger your linked spell for each of the ten hits. Those linked spells can themselves crit and generate charges thanks to Voll's. The chain reaction is brutal on the mobs, and even harder on your video card heatsink.

Also, because discharge doesn't benefit from GMP, it also shouldn't take the per projectile damage reduction - EK, otoh, gets little benefit from a couple more knives but takes a quite significant dmg nerf from GMP. The mana multiplier is almost meaningless because we're not levelling ST, so GMP is free crits. The problem is on single target, because ST can't shotgun so in that one case, you're right that ICS would be better.

The main issue I have with ST+COC+Discharge is the range issue - ST significantly outranges discharge and I will kill the core of the pack while leaving stragglers, which is inefficient as you need to group them up again. I think dual EK has a lot going for it, but the downside is having to roll 4 off colours on your Voll's, which 100 chromes in I still haven't done.

In my actual point progress leveling this build (level 49 now), Im really feeling more and more confortable.

Im not using GMP , i dont have a 5l armor to do it, but im using ET single targeting.
usually I throw several on different directions to get the more mobs possible, and really works great.

The range of ET , is true that outgoes the radio of action in the discharge chain, but with the nodes on the tree for area effect, the bomb bubble is growing quick and less mobs are alive after the chain reaction.
With about 10 AOE nodes, the big discharge is killing almost 3/4 mobs on the screen.

Another tip im using with ET, is the boomerang effect. If I see a critical attack, then I move from my position while the ET is returning to me, the mobs alive in the middle of the road will activate again the chain reaction (if COCS wants cause it´s not 20/20) :P , this part of the game is really fun. Love to see a group in act2 dying with a dicharge while i run to the nearest group and they keep between my ET returning back and me (it´s a photo moment for his faces) :P

EK ,as I know, is not an option to start the trigger due to the short range, at least , meanwhile you are not using Projectile Speed that really increase the average range of EK.

For getting more critical procs, im using "Critical Weakness curse" before attacking.
It´s not a high value, but it increments the Critical Strike chance and the Critical Strike Damage.

With 35% Critical chance without the power buffs, Im seeing discharge very constant, more each time a gem level up.

I would love to start the chain with Leap Slam (hahaha), but it don´t works with daggers.

Thanks for your post, Im really enjoying the learning process of this build. :)
Sorry for my bad english, It´s not my main language.
Last edited by goyetus on Dec 10, 2013, 12:15:00 AM
"
Shivaun wrote:

Because the cast on crit proc rolls per hit not per attack,

ok so with ICS you get more chance but less number of criticals, right?

"
Shivaun wrote:

The problem is on single target, because ST can't shotgun so in that one case, you're right that ICS would be better.

I understand now, thanks for this explanation :)

"
Shivaun wrote:

The main issue I have with ST+COC+Discharge is the range issue - ST significantly outranges discharge and I will kill the core of the pack while leaving stragglers, which is inefficient as you need to group them up again.

well I think is an advantage if you play it on your benefit, for example when you face a rare or a boss you can stand near to him and shoot ST to distant groups for triggering.

anyway, this is my current setup now:

and don't plan to change it until I have TON of chroms.

how many do you need on average to get 3 greens?

ara va de bo, que de bo va!
took me about 400 jewellers and 10 chromes to get this

I also have used about 60-70 fusings trying to 6l it.
"
Maverick1st wrote:

I think we're talking about different things here. you need 3 linked green for ST - GMP - CoCS plus at least one for discharge. your current setup can't be used for discharge.
ara va de bo, que de bo va!
"
Maverick1st wrote:

I also have used about 60-70 fusings trying to 6l it.

Took me 80 jew to 6S, 80 fuse and still no 5L and I sold that 6S for 7c and spent 1c buying 4L one and Cyclone my way to level up, It still work and still Discharge fairly when but it have several cons... the obvious pro here is 4L Voll could make it work... :P

EDIT: Actually 4L ST-GMP/LMP-CoC-DC still work without Life Leech, but it not a good choice here...
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Last edited by surVfate on Dec 10, 2013, 10:41:32 AM
I'm currently loving this build, but i am struggling a bit as I am VERY squishy and rely on life leach heavily as i am only on 2.7k hp and constantly drop to as low as 10% hp when i get unlucky on crits (currently at 47%).

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

I also have a Lioneye's Remorse for when i hit 70

Current Build at level 64:

Any tips on what to upgrade or were to go from here?
Last edited by McGee on Dec 10, 2013, 11:08:48 AM
am selling this on dom if anyone is interested pm me
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
"
McGee wrote:
I'm currently loving this build, but i am struggling a bit as I am VERY squishy and rely on life leach heavily as i am only on 2.7k hp and constantly drop to as low as 10% hp when i get unlucky on crits (currently at 47%).

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

I also have a Lioneye's Remorse for when i hit 70

Current Build at level 64:

Any tips on what to upgrade or were to go from here?

Judging from your gear/build you're still missing Disemboweling for a rather massive crit boost, a bit of armor that won't be there until 70 and (at least it looks that way) a good chunk of accuracy. There's nothing worse than not hitting anything (died to that a few times myself).

For the time being, try to get a decent tower shield with extra armor and resists and you might wanna try to swap the Sapphire ring for something with a bit of resist all and 250+ accuracy (and the +max life ofc). That should improve things a little. (I know that spelldamage is a sexy stat but your discharge should do enough damage without the 40% from you shield.)

You should have a granite flask (surgeons + increased armor) to abuse the hell out of for bigger packs as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info