Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

@goyetus: I think you're wrong mate, you can't Discharge because no Attack was link to you CoC - Discharge, CoC is actually Cast Linked Spell on Attack Linked with Crit. I used to thought like you too, but it just don't work b/c it could cause a loop about Discharge Crit and recast infinity.

And that thought of your about of the Level of Gems, I think it's only applied for Cast When Damage Taken.
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Last edited by surVfate on Dec 9, 2013, 3:52:35 AM
I understand you, and you are right, but the problem is that if any gem is on the vaal´s chest to use it as main attack and trigger the discharge, it can´t be used.

The message says that Double Strike cant be used due to stay linked with CastOnCritical.....

where must I put the attack then?

Thanks!
Last edited by goyetus on Dec 9, 2013, 8:05:25 AM
Double strike cant be used with claws I think. Try link spectral throw-cast on crit-anything, and use the spectral to proc it.
doublestrike just requires a melee weapon afaik. So it should work with claws also.

So if you cant use CoC with discharge and a melee or range attack it must be for some other reason.

This is my current setup for CoC and it works just fine.
I found the reason..... and im really stupid.

Was trying to use it with DUAL strike (is a gem that only works with two weapons).... Changed to DOUBLE strike and now all is working.

I will try with ciclone and ST too.

Thanks all for the help, now it works!!! :)
Last edited by goyetus on Dec 9, 2013, 8:40:07 AM
noob question here: every single copy of GMP has it's own critical chance?
ara va de bo, que de bo va!
if anyone is doing this build on domination league i am selling my 5l volls gggrb here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/689788 this is a great build i feel it works best with vaal pact it removes the reflect problem
Last edited by cosacee on Dec 9, 2013, 12:58:51 PM
"
muzzol wrote:

No.
Crits are action based, not hit based.
If you cast Spectral Throw, this is an action. If your crit procs, every of your hits with spectral throw will crit, regardless, how many projectiles and how often it hits.
(At least that is what i was told)
"
Maverick1st wrote:
"
muzzol wrote:

No.
Crits are action based, not hit based.
If you cast Spectral Throw, this is an action. If your crit procs, every of your hits with spectral throw will crit, regardless, how many projectiles and how often it hits.
(At least that is what i was told)

so what's the point of having GMP gem instead of Increased Critical Strikes? lazy aim?

I don't get it

ara va de bo, que de bo va!
The point is that 5 projectiles will cover a much larger area and crit far more mobs than 1. It's a question of efficiency and not aim.

edit: Of course you're more than welcome to simply test using imp. critical strikes over gmp.
Last edited by Kilian_ on Dec 9, 2013, 4:34:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info