Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Oro's Sacrifice Leap Slam Prolif Marauder

The Video: *COMING SOMEDAY MAYBE*

This build is a Leap Slammer that focuses on using Elemental Proliferation to Prolif the burn to nearby mobs and burn them for tons of damage while leaping to the next pack. We use Oro's Sacrifice because it has an insane amount of fire damage. The bigger the initial hit, the more damage the burn will do. This build with a level 20 flammability curse, 20% quality burning damage gem, and Oro's Sacrifice will have a 44% chance to ignite each Leap Slam.
You can watch my livestream at: http://www.twitch.tv/brandon505

PASSIVE TREE

We grab almost all of the large fire damage nodes, tons of life, and some AoE passives. We also grab Iron Reflexes because we are going to run Grace as one of our auras. We also grab most of the burning damage nodes because this build focuses on the burn damage from Elemental Proliferation. Because we will have a very small mana pool we need tons of regen from Clarity and the mana regen passives. As awesome as this build is, it's bane is still the same of many other high damage builds - Elemental Reflect. To not get decimated by Elemental Reflect, be careful where you jump, and when you do see one, switch to your Searing Touch and use Fire Trap.

LEVELING PASSIVES

GEAR
Spoiler

The bare minimum you need for this build to work is a 5L Oro's Sacrifice, but a 6L is highly recommended, especially if you have Kaom's.
You should also have a Searing Touch weapon swap to deal with Elemental Reflect packs.
Legacy Kaom's as well as the new Kaom's will be ideal for the build. Obviously most people don't have one, so any life based chest will do. If you don't have Kaom's, I recommend using Artic Armor with the Eldrich Battery keystone on the skill tree and using hybrid Armor/Energy Shield gear. Artic Armor is the absolute best way to negate Oro's Sacrifice's downside, but since you will be mostly moving constantly with Leap Slam, and using it on your mana, you will have to get TONS of mana, mana regen, and energy shield nodes with EB to make it work.
You should try to get increased weapon elemental on as many pieces as you can possibly afford. You can use Hrimnor's Resolve a for DPS boost as well if you can afford using it on your build.
GEMS
Spoiler

6L: Leap Slam - Elemental Proliferation - Weapon Elemental Damage - Concentrated Effect - Increased Burning Damage - Life Leech
4L: Reduced Mana - Blood Magic - Clarity - Flammability
4L: Reduced Mana - Anger - Grace - ???
4L: Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 1) - Enduring Cry (lvl 5) - Molten Shell (lvl 7) - Decoy Totem (lvl 8)

We link Leap Slam with everything that scales the fire damage tremendously on Oro's Sacrifice. Weapon Elemental Damage and Concentrated Effect are % MORE damage so they boost the damage to insane amounts. We run Clarity on our health because there isn't any room on our mana. We run Anger and Grace as auras, but again if you want to be more defensive, you can run Purity of Fire instead of Anger for more max fire resist to negate the downside of Oro's Sacrifice if you are having survivability issues. We use flammbility for our curse because it decreases their max fire resist and adds a higher chance to ignite, which is extremely important. You should try to get a quality burning damage gem for the increased ignite chance as well. When we take damage we cast Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, and Decoy Totem.

BANDITS
Spoiler
Normal - Help Oak - +40 base Life
Cruel - Help Kraityn - +8% Attack Speed
Merciless - Help Kraityn - +1 Max Frenzy Charge

DPS

MY OTHER BUILDS

Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/560715

Righteous Fire Marauder
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/663122

GAMEPLAY

You jump from pack to pack with Leap Slam proliferating the burn to other mobs and watching them all melt behind you.
This build has been tons of fun to play and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Last edited by Oroboro on Jan 26, 2014, 8:19:00 PM
1. you should go avatar of fire so that you can profit from someone who is running wrath if you are in a group

2. fire pen does more dmg than increased burning dmg

3. you need to fit in chance to ignite somewhere :)
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
Last edited by danisonxtc on Dec 16, 2013, 8:23:16 AM
"
danisonxtc wrote:
1. you should go avatar of fire so that you can profit from someone who is running wrath if you are in a group

2. fire pen does more dmg than increased burning dmg

3. you need to fit in chance to ignite somewhere :)

1. If you are in a group yes, but I don't know if it's worth the point unless you are always in a group.

2. This build focuses more on the burning damage, and with 30% increased burning duration it is much better than fire pen. Also, the quality on the burning damage gem is invaluable.

3. 44% chance to ignite is already insane, if you run chance to ignite it's a waste IMO. You already ignite every pack you jump into.
Last edited by Oroboro on Dec 16, 2013, 9:31:29 AM
b
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
First of all thank you for this great item I thank you for the community. I was gonna make a post about it but you beat me to it. I leveled a 79 duelist for this build. My setup is just right mouse button build because It's faster this way.

Infernal Build at 79 (right now)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wJxA8YEswYOCfYSaRQgFE0UcRccFy8ZLhmFGjgabBv6JKolrSXfJ-0ppTIJMok1kjboNulHfkrITipQR1BQVElV1lcNV-JYY1ivWfNfP2P9ZOdlTWaeapNsRm5pbqpxeXJscql253fleA182YCkgziE2YjxjM-QVZkrna6ezZ_LogCkGacwp4SpbqvFrFmsqrXytkG53b2Bvoq-p8APwBrG2NIh0k3Uj9Xt2WHnUuw47w7vfPIv9kj60v0L

Infernal Gear

Spoiler

Gems

Spoiler

5L: Leap Slam + Elemental Profilation + Blood Magic + Life Leech + Weapon Elemental Damage+ (if 6L Incresed Burning Damage)
4L: Cast on Damage Taken lvl 1+ Vulnerability lvl 3+ Flammabiity lvl 5 + Enduring Cry lvl 5
4L: Cast on Damage Taken lvl 7+ Elemental Weakness lvl 5+ Detonate Dead lvl 11+ Decoy Totem lvl 11
4L: Anger + Haste + Rudeced Manage + Purity of Elements(Vitality when I get better gear)

Build for lvl 85.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wJxA8YEswYOCfYSaRQgFE0UcRccFy8Y2xkuGYUaOBpsG_okqiWtJd8n7SmlLIUyCTKJNZI26DbpR35KyE4qUEdQUFKvVElV1lcNV-JYY1ivWfNaGl8_Y_1k52VNZp5qk2xGbmluqnF5cmxyqXTxdud35XgNfNmApIM4hNmI8YzPkFWZK5stna6ezZ_LogCkGacwp4SpbqvFrFmsqq1KtfK2QbndvYG-ir6nwA_AGsbYzSbSIdJN1I_V7dlh42rnUuw47w7vfPIv9kj60v0L

I concentrated more on attack speed. My attack speed is at .64. Speed is very important for me I can clear maps a lot faster with high speed leap slam. As far as my three curse setup goes, I believe using that one ring with the curse gives me more dps or mitigation than any item I can put in that spot. Same thing with boots. I change between offensive to defensive curses depending on boss fight. I use temporal chains and enfeeble if I need more defense but I almost never do. Auras Grace Determination Vitality for defensive.

This is also a pvp build.

Last edited by Drdragon on Dec 24, 2013, 7:45:36 PM
I'd love to see the video for this. Sounds awesome ^.^

At first I was wondering why Leap Slam, as I thought there'd be much better Damage Effectiveness options, but I realized that since it hits multiple targets, it doesn't require a Chance to Ignite Gem and constant auto-attacking, or a Splash Gem.

Looks really fun.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
why not use discharge and some faster attacks or multistrike for better dmg ?
can make new build for spectral sword marauder ?
Last edited by D33rHunt3r on Dec 24, 2013, 12:47:37 PM
Burning damage is based on the initial hit of fire damage.

...Attack Speed would make you move faster, but would do nothing for your burning damage.
Thanks for the sword, man! :)
Already thought out an elemental flicker build with your sword. I just have to hope I don't shoot myself on ele reflect.

Btw, are you perchance getting Vaal Pact down the road? I was just wondering since you got life leech gems.
"Nope, it is GGG's game/they choose to let you play/can at any moment prohibit you from playing" ~ Mazul
"GGG definitely has the power to 'tell' me how to play it.

In the end, the only real choice I, you, we have is, is whether we play or not at all." ~ CharanJaydemyr
What is your opinion about the ring "The Taming"? Would it be better then a rare ring with 30% WED?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info