Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

The Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KExKt5VKQx4

This build is an life based Scion that uses Spectral Throw as a conduit to activate a chain of fully linked Discharges for free with the new Cast on Critical Strike gem.
You can watch my livestream at: http://www.twitch.tv/brandon505
Please note that this build is pretty vulnerable to reflect so I wouldn't recommend it on Hardcore at all. You can still dodge reflect by using EK if you play carefully.

PASSIVE TREE *UPDATED FOR 1.0.3*

I picked the Scion because she is by far the most cost efficient class for this build. You don't need any mana or mana regen at all because your discharges are free with the Cast on Crit gem. I grab EB and use Clarity to have enough mana to spam Spectral Throw. You use Spectral Throw just to crit to get the discharges out.

LEVELING PASSIVES

GEAR
Spoiler

The most important piece of gear is Voll's Protector. You will have to get 3 green sockets and a minimum of a 4L( although 5L is highly recommended to get the colors easier) so it's going to cost A LOT of chromatics regardless. You need it so that when you crit you can gain more than one power charge per spectral throw(compared to Power Charge on Crit gem). The ideal dagger has high base crit % and spell damage. I use Lioneye's Remorse for the armor that I lack from using Voll's and Maligaro's.

GEMS
Spoiler
6L: Spectral Throw(level one) - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cast on Crit - Discharge - Life Leech - Increased Area of Effect
4L: Cast on Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Critical Weakness(lvl 5) - Enduring Cry(lvl 5) - Decoy Totem(lvl 8)
4L: Cast on Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Immortal Call(lvl 3) - Increased Duration - Molten Shell(lvl 7)
4L: Spectral Throw(lvl 1) - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cast on Crit - Etheral Knives
3L: Whirling Blades(lvl 1) - Faster Attacks - Portal
3L: Reduced Mana - Clarity - Discipline

Your Voll's will have a fully linked discharge that goes off constantly when you crit with spectral throw. To deal with ele reflect packs I use another Spectral Throw with the Cast on Crit gem linked with Etheral Knives because it is a physical spell.
Spectral Throw is your way to activate the discharges. Because it hits several times per throw, it can crit several times per throw. This makes it the perfect way to spam activate the Cast on Critical Strike gem with high critical strike chance and Greater Multiple Projectiles. You keep Spectral Throw at level one because we aren't using it for the damage and leveling it increases the mana cost by a small amount.
You want the Cast on Damage Taken gems to be level one so they activate every time you get hit. When you take damage, you will automatically use Critical Weakness, Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, Decoy Totem and Immortal Call.
You use whirling blades linked with faster attacks to get out of packs if you are surrounded or for a movement speed boost.

BANDITS
Spoiler
Normal - Help Oak - +40 base Life
Cruel - Help Kraityn - +8% Attack Speed
Merciless - Help Alira - +1 Max Power Charge

IMAGES

The Boom

Average Damage Per Full Charge Discharge

MY OTHER BUILDS

Righteous Fire Marauder
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/663122

GAMEPLAY

You literally walk to a group of mobs, throw a couple of spectral throws, discharge like crazy, and everything will be dead(including yourself if you don't look out for reflect). GG

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Last edited by Oroboro on Jun 30, 2014, 12:18:49 PM
Do you hang around in the demon ruins? ;)
Nevermind. I got you.
Last edited by steven_mcburn on Oct 29, 2013, 4:45:42 PM
"
Do you hang around in the demon ruins? ;)

I do actually, and I'm sick of people luring me to my death and cheesing me.
I'm trying to figure out what discharger to do on domination. Voll's Devotion doesn't exist.
"
Norodian wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what discharger to do on domination. Voll's Devotion doesn't exist.

Well you don't need Voll's Devotion, it just helps a bit. The main piece to make this build work is Voll's Protector, so it would be very possible on domination/nemsis. You would just have to get a 4L-5L Voll's and get lucky with chroms to get 3 green sockets on it.
Last edited by Oroboro on Oct 30, 2013, 1:09:54 PM
That is a really cool build man!
So many explosions @.@
This build is very expensie yeah, but looks a lot of fun on your stream! Nice and unique build. Not even OP.

DkS FTW
"To deal with ele reflect packs I use another Spectral Throw with the Cast on Crit gem linked with Etheral Knives because it is a physical spell"

Am I missing something? Why not link faster projectiles, faster casting, critical damage to your EK? No need to cast it on crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info