[1.3]Fireball Witch guide for beginners

Hey. I was wondering, what's the reason you recommended Lesser multiple projects? Is it better than Greater, and why? I saw someone using fireball with greater in multiplayer, and it seemed ok.

- Furious T
"
Jah_Ith_Ber wrote:
so is the passive skill tree given by OP a solid build for fire life build? has anyone tried it? passive skill tree is too complicated can't be bothered to make my own build.

It is solid, but you can fiddle a little with the mana nodes, and how you wish to progress in the tree yourself. If you find 0 good mana gear, you might want to go with some more mana nodes and ignore how the tree "should look like at level xx" according to OP and so on.

But yes, it's a very solid build and OP deserves a GGG Medal for it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Mar 30, 2014, 8:22:41 AM

Furious T = The DMG reduction on GMP is 50% early, and even if you level it, it's way more punishing. LMP offers decent enough spread without punishing dmg. Besides, it's super hard (if it's even possible?) to shotgun a mob with all 5 balls from GMP. The mana cost becomes higher as well with GMP
Last edited by Cergic on Mar 30, 2014, 8:22:47 AM
"
dtlol wrote:
What should my dps and ES be if I wanna start trying maps?

Hard to give a dps number as curses/fire penetration/concentrated effect/number of projectiles don't show up in the tooltip. Personally i wouldn't feel comfortable with less than 4000 ES.
Rule of thumb: If you can beat piety you can do low level maps (just be careful rolling dangerous mods like lower resistance or increased monster damage).

"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Hey. I was wondering, what's the reason you recommended Lesser multiple projects? Is it better than Greater, and why? I saw someone using fireball with greater in multiplayer, and it seemed ok.

1) LMP is a quest reward early in the game (sharp and cruel a2 normal) whereas GMP is a reward late in the game (a3 merciless). So on your first char you would take LMP because of that.
2) GMP gives a bit more dps because you have more projectiles but the higher mana cost can be a problem for your mana pool. Usually 3 projectiles are enough for crowds & shotgunning bosses.
Right now the mana isn't a problem, cause I got rid of Purity. So GMP might actually be better, if the total DPS is higher, like you said? Would it be wise to use, if there's enough mana? I feel like its easier especially in multiplayer to hit more targets with 5 balls.

- Furious T
"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Right now the mana isn't a problem, cause I got rid of Purity. So GMP might actually be better, if the total DPS is higher, like you said? Would it be wise to use, if there's enough mana? I feel like its easier especially in multiplayer to hit more targets with 5 balls.

- Furious T

If you can handle the additional mana cost, GMP will give you better damage. After all you get 2 additional projectiles. Your burning damage from a fireball will be a bit lower though as the damage per projectile is less with GMP.
I've noticed 1 thing that's caused me trouble (more like spending a lot of time on the trade channels in order to find the stuff you need) and that's the lack of armor nodes, since you start off as a witch, that really makes stuff scary if you go mana battery and life instead of ES.

My "solution" was to get ES/AR gear at my level (To get Armor AND The right socket colours easy) and run determination aura.

Currently running around in merciless a3 with less than 20% dmg reducion (granted, i've yet to kill piety/get busts and i'm in the early 60's, thus 4 points away from armor nodes) but it's still one of the few things about the build that actually caused me any trouble.
"
Cergic wrote:
I've noticed 1 thing that's caused me trouble (more like spending a lot of time on the trade channels in order to find the stuff you need) and that's the lack of armor nodes, since you start off as a witch, that really makes stuff scary if you go mana battery and life instead of ES.

My "solution" was to get ES/AR gear at my level (To get Armor AND The right socket colours easy) and run determination aura.

Currently running around in merciless a3 with less than 20% dmg reducion (granted, i've yet to kill piety/get busts and i'm in the early 60's, thus 4 points away from armor nodes) but it's still one of the few things about the build that actually caused me any trouble.

Mitigation of physical damage always is a problem for a witch as iron reflexes is a long way down. Faith & Steel, granit flask with increased armour mod, armour and/or armour/ES gear helps but you won't get as tanky as someone starting as marauder or duelist and takes IR + run grace.
If your focus is to have a tanky fire witch (playing HC for example) an option would be to skip most of the nodes in the shadow area and invest instead 16 points to get iron reflexes and then run a grace aura.
I was thinking... drop a couple points here or there and nab static for Three Dragons. Seems like it'd be overall more potent (not to mention stylish when that thing gets a 3d model).

Yay? Nay? It's essentially burn+whatever rare hat you have+flammability VS shock+three dragons+elemental weakness (since the increased chance to burn goes to waste).

It SOUNDS good to me, but I'm nervous I'm dropping my ES a little too low (all in theory) seeing as I'd use a high-level AR/ES chest and shield. It kinda evens out though seeing as I'd drop Maligaro's for normal ES gloves.
IGN: Sexy_Batman Brag_Ironballs Lady_Jaya_Ballard Orbok_Meatgod Two_Open_Sockets
"
Nukeleo wrote:
I was thinking... drop a couple points here or there and nab static for Three Dragons. Seems like it'd be overall more potent (not to mention stylish when that thing gets a 3d model).

Yay? Nay? It's essentially burn+whatever rare hat you have+flammability VS shock+three dragons+elemental weakness (since the increased chance to burn goes to waste).

It SOUNDS good to me, but I'm nervous I'm dropping my ES a little too low (all in theory) seeing as I'd use a high-level AR/ES chest and shield. It kinda evens out though seeing as I'd drop Maligaro's for normal ES gloves.

I'm using three dragons on my ambush incinerate build. Works fine with it as there is no downside: with incinerate you aren't going for crit/burn anyway.
A fireball build with three dragons should be viable too. Your playstyle will be a bit different though. You can kite with a burning build as the mobs will take damage even while you are not attacking/retreating/running a bit. With three dragons you will have to facetank more otherwise the shock will expire before you can stack another one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info