[1.3]Fireball Witch guide for beginners

"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Hey again! I've been following this guide, and it still feels great. I'm currently lvl 79, my first real char.

Need some help though.

I'm CI char, so I'm trying to use Clarity, Purity of elements and Discipline at the same time. I've linked them to reduced mana like this:

It's bit tricky to use them all at the same time. I've been playing mostly without Discipline. My max mana is currently 1465 and mana reg (with Clarity) is 108,5. All auras on, my mana drops to 322. Fireball costs 121 mana, with cast time 0,74 sec, so it's tight.

I was wondering, do you have any tips what I should do to help my mana problem? Get more mana, or more mana regeneration items, or both?

Sorry for noob question again.

- Furious T

On my lvl 78 Ice spear witch i had a constaly mana problem. Then i got a 5-link and smashed in a MANA LEECH. That helped as balls. Either that, or remove faster castingm if you use it atm
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Actually, now I'm lvl 80 and I took Sovereignty, this helps a bit. Thanks for the advice, I'll try to get better resist so I wont need Purity anymore. :)

My fireball:

If I get 6L chest, then I could consider mana leech. But I think it's pretty hard to manage that, am I right? Took lot to get even that 5 link....

- Furious T
"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Actually, now I'm lvl 80 and I took Sovereignty, this helps a bit. Thanks for the advice, I'll try to get better resist so I wont need Purity anymore. :)

My fireball:

If I get 6L chest, then I could consider mana leech. But I think it's pretty hard to manage that, am I right? Took lot to get even that 5 link....

- Furious T

Without purity the free mana pool is large enough to sustain fireball with the occasional use of a mana flask when spamming it for a longer time. No need for a 6L to socket mana leech.
Things already looks better, I just traded these for me:

Soon I'll get rid of the purity. Happy :)
you only have a level 10 clarity. i would max it. that was, you dont need mana leech.
get resists on items -> get rid of purity.

-> damage gem
-> tempest shield
Careful when leveling up Clarity past 10. I took mine up to 13 and found myself running out of mana. Had to scour it back down to 11.
"
dtlol wrote:
Careful when leveling up Clarity past 10. I took mine up to 13 and found myself running out of mana. Had to scour it back down to 11.

That's the reason i always level one additional clarity in the secondary weapon slot. Once it reaches 10 you can pack it away and use it in case your primary clarity reserves too much mana.
Depending on mana/manreg on gear and the number of auras one runs one may need different levels of clarity on the same char so it is good to have different leveled alternatives ready.
Well if you only want to have clarity and discipline running, getting the influence passive and some mana reg on gear or passive items will be much more useful than a mana leech gem.

an increased crit damage gem, for example, is worth about 6 passive points, probably more. so if you invest into some mana reg on gear or passive tree, you might come out hugely ahead.

of course, clarity can be dangerous to level, but I always felt it necessary to have as high as possible once i reach lategame.
Last edited by Kiedel on Mar 29, 2014, 11:37:59 PM
What should my dps and ES be if I wanna start trying maps?
so is the passive skill tree given by OP a solid build for fire life build? has anyone tried it? passive skill tree is too complicated can't be bothered to make my own build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info