[1.3]Fireball Witch guide for beginners

"
benitoo1 wrote:

anyway to sum it up three dragons is a must for any fireball build.

Only death and taxes are a must.
I would agree it to be a "must" on every self cast incinerate though. I expect some nerf to be coming for that. Incinerate has zero base crit, meaning GGG designed its damage to be on par with other spells without the possibility to crit and to have secondary damage. After all you get 10-15 extra passiv points that you would otherwise have spent on crit passives. With that unique incinerate suddenly gets 60%, maybe 90% MORE damage just by spending 3 points to get static blows + chance to shock. There is NO other spell that gets this big a damage boost by that unique (or any other unique).
... and no fireball doesn't get flat 90% more, as it looses the burning damage, that can scale up to 90% and more extra damage depending on your passives/support gems.
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Mar 26, 2014, 4:20:05 PM
I'm going to toss this one out there:

Spell totem with curse is, in my opinion, much more awesome. To have the totem doing that job for you is just so god dang helpful, and i'd rather have CWDT To pop summon skelly and Fire shell.

Another thing to mention is that you COULD Drop the elemental resistance aura and play around with arctic armor when doing high level meeps with forgiving conditions OR when you farm piety. Just a tip.

Overall, i really like your guide. Easily one of the most well-written ones.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
yeah u get 90%more remember i am talking about dominus 2 form when u can realy see the dps because of spikes from crit+shock. i use 0 pasives on burning as a fireballer.but do a test with ur helm and then with dragons.i simply beat 2 form of dominus in 2-3 sec top or less depends of crits .and if i equip any other helm it takes way more.practice makes best :)
gl spending ur curency on DRAGONS cause u will never take it off.
bye
So I passed my friend following this guide the Three Dragons unique. Sure, stats are terrible on this helmet, but due to the shock that he constantly applies from Fire Traps and the Fireballs itself, he is tearing through rare monsters with like 2-3 Fireballs. I didn't believe how effective it was at first, but I saw chunks of HP disappearing on the Vaal oversoul whenever his Fireball hits, probably from the shock stacks that were being applied from his Fireball and Fire Trap.

Something that you guys might want to try if you pick one up.
"
Cergic wrote:
Spell totem with curse is, in my opinion, much more awesome. To have the totem doing that job for you is just so god dang helpful, and i'd rather have CWDT To pop summon skelly and Fire shell.

My Skeletal Brotem absolutely trivializes a lot of otherwise difficult encounters, I wouldn't give it up for that. Maybe I'd link my Temp Chains to it instead of an extra support if I decided to run a third aura or something.

Also, I don't like having a curse on CwDT. Curses benefit tremendously from being leveled up, unlike Blood Rage or Enduring Cry. I'd rather have them at a high level and cast them manually.
"
dtlol wrote:
"
Cergic wrote:

My Skeletal Brotem absolutely trivializes a lot of otherwise difficult encounters, I wouldn't give it up for that. Maybe I'd link my Temp Chains to it instead of an extra support if I decided to run a third aura or something.

Also, I don't like having a curse on CwDT. Curses benefit tremendously from being leveled up, unlike Blood Rage or Enduring Cry. I'd rather have them at a high level and cast them manually.

Me neither - that's why i want summon skelly and molten shell x) Temporal chain and/or elem weakness should never be CwDT, because you want things to be dead before that.

I agree with skelly totems - it's great! But a lot of times, i can just stand like Rambo on a hill and mow down mobs without interruption due to the totem doing the cursejob for me.

Each to his own in that matter, i guess =)
Spell Totem + Incinerate + Faster Casting/Added Lightning(/w quality) might be a good way for this build to make use of The Three Dragons. Could even put in with Cast when Damage Taken. Incin doesn't need to be at high level for it to work, the others are support gems so they can be maxed out.
Last edited by dtlol on Mar 27, 2014, 2:51:05 PM
I'm actually very curious about Dragon helm + Fireball as a spell, so i actually bought it + CHAIN. I am currently using LMP.

I will try it out as soon as i reach static blows (to make sure that the potential gets justified) and post back here. Currently in a slightly more defensive stage of the build atm
Hey again! I've been following this guide, and it still feels great. I'm currently lvl 79, my first real char.

Need some help though.

I'm CI char, so I'm trying to use Clarity, Purity of elements and Discipline at the same time. I've linked them to reduced mana like this:

It's bit tricky to use them all at the same time. I've been playing mostly without Discipline. My max mana is currently 1465 and mana reg (with Clarity) is 108,5. All auras on, my mana drops to 322. Fireball costs 121 mana, with cast time 0,74 sec, so it's tight.

I was wondering, do you have any tips what I should do to help my mana problem? Get more mana, or more mana regeneration items, or both?

Sorry for noob question again.

- Furious T
"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Hey again! I've been following this guide, and it still feels great. I'm currently lvl 79, my first real char.

Need some help though.

I'm CI char, so I'm trying to use Clarity, Purity of elements and Discipline at the same time. I've linked them to reduced mana like this:

It's bit tricky to use them all at the same time. I've been playing mostly without Discipline. My max mana is currently 1465 and mana reg (with Clarity) is 108,5. All auras on, my mana drops to 322. Fireball costs 121 mana, with cast time 0,74 sec, so it's tight.

I was wondering, do you have any tips what I should do to help my mana problem? Get more mana, or more mana regeneration items, or both?

Sorry for noob question again.

- Furious T

Did you take Sovereignty? With 16% reduced mana reserved you should have a bit more than 322 left. There is another 5% reduced mana on the shadow side in the Influence circle.
Anyway, the most important thing is to upgrade your gear so you have maxed resists without the purity aura. With only clarity and discipline running you should have enough mana left. Getting additional mana/manareg on gear would be another option, but maxing resists on gear should be your top priority as that might be enough to solve the issue.
Another option would be to play in a group where somone else is running purity so you can drop it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info