[1.3]Fireball Witch guide for beginners

I am trying on my third run your build and seems to me safer on lower levels. After Cruel Preparation I am going for Purity of flesh, will let you know how I feel when there.

LVL 17 on Beyond (3rd reincarnation due to lag and armormaster).

"
I went and made this passive tree.

EDIT: Ah, poebuilder

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34oC4welghD
fsB_HK3gsnEmyLYttGdD1QZYFQodlEFgyNK-3PV9SU5f0HwJVxoPbBAfs
VSqNSRs22PFsrJg6WNrdpwjYJDbFJNiFbdWB
6-64k1NSRZ2a4Bpsna7jajbpJKoWbylP5CKCm-w4kFWnhBo4RtddxrUEi
4zhc-0gBVudgGBt3fPvfIM4ogAUTfAfBLO2-vemjmS86msXakPAVAj0wfO
VIH5Zf8aioyY8FvMvnRGWSVHw1ZUuBx64yj
t8D8TDCev1j_ryHbmT

I don't know if it has enough life or not. Mana regeneration seems more common and more spread out. The whole thing feels more spread out. Cast speed is more frequent while damage nodes seem higher. Theres more stuff for ES but it mostly looks like %s, so CI may stay requiring the right items.
Updated guide and trees for 1.2
in the life option you took the cold nodes in the shadow side insted of the fire nodes
(in the lvl 50/60 tree and the lvl 70 tree, the lvl 80 tree is ok)

BTW this looks nice and I'm going to try ir out :)
Last edited by Running_with_Ravens on Aug 24, 2014, 3:47:34 AM
"
in the life option you took the cold nodes in the shadow side insted of the fire nodes
(in the lvl 50/60 tree and the lvl 70 tree, the lvl 80 tree is ok)

BTW this looks nice and I'm going to try ir out :)

Thanks.
memo to self: don't copy-paste when tired.
Hi.

Thank you for the update.

Here are my two questions :

You chose the increase cast speed nodes as first nodes instead of, previously, the spell damage ones...why ?

You didn't pick increase area damage nodes...why ?

Thank you.

Edit : and what about Cruel preparation ?
Last edited by Funadept on Aug 24, 2014, 4:15:51 PM
"
Funadept wrote:
You chose the increase cast speed nodes as first nodes instead of, previously, the spell damage ones...why ?

Mana costs went down with 1.2. A bit more cast speed should be sustainable (and 12% more damage > 30% increased damage)

"
Funadept wrote:

You didn't pick increase area damage nodes...why ?

One has to invest 3 points now for Blast Radius. That's only 4% increased damage per point. Amplify also only gives 8%. As the build now has a bit more points than the old version i thought i drop the radius passives as fireball doesn't live off its blast radius. If you use fire traps more often you may want to pick up Amplify and drop the point somewhere else.

"
Funadept wrote:

Edit : and what about Cruel preparation ?

Fixed that. Another copy paste mistake.
Hey Bada-Bing,

Is it possible to use Discharge effectively with this build or not so much?

I love the explosions of Discharge but not sure if it would be effective with this setup.
"
brunowa wrote:
Hey Bada-Bing,

Is it possible to use Discharge effectively with this build or not so much?

I love the explosions of Discharge but not sure if it would be effective with this setup.

No. To efficiently use discharge you have to build around max charges. Fireball also isn't the best spell to generate power charges if you go for selfcast discharge (Ice spear - gmp is much better because of the higher crit chance to generate power charges).
Hey Bada-Bing,

I'm loving this build... currently level 56 and I'm doing most areas with ease. I started off wondering why I would use Firetrap instead of Firestorm, but I have completely fallen in love with trapping! The burning effect is seriously awesome... I've also got it linked to Increased Burning Damage which is nice. The Firetrap + Fireball + Flammability combo is really fun and effective.

I have noticed there have been times when I would suddenly get OWNED by a monster or pack of monsters. Like, from full health to zero almost immediately. This has been quite annoying so perhaps I need to focus on better armour.

Question: I notice you picked up a lot of Critical Strike passives, but you don't use the Cast on Critical Strike gem? How come? Is it worthwhile adding in a Cast on Critical Strike linked with another attack?

"
brunowa wrote:

Question: I notice you picked up a lot of Critical Strike passives, but you don't use the Cast on Critical Strike gem? How come? Is it worthwhile adding in a Cast on Critical Strike linked with another attack?

Cast on Crit only works with ATTACKS not with spells. You have to link for example cyclone - coc - fireball. Every time you crit with cyclone there is a chance that you autocast fireball.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info