[1.3]Fireball Witch guide for beginners

"
Wallwalker wrote:
Love both your builds.
All that's remaining however is a Lightning Build. I'd love to see one of those as well!
You really seem to know what you're doing, and I'm always in use of a good guide. I believe it'd be a good addition to guides. =)

Unfortunately i can't write a lightning guide as i never played a pure lightning build.
All i can say is that my HC dual totem sporker is tits up since release. End of guide :))
Could I request some videos of this build in action in the mid-levels? I just want to see how it's actually 'played' by a competent person (which I definitely am not!). Also, I like moving pictures
"
Frizz_za wrote:
Could I request some videos of this build in action in the mid-levels? I just want to see how it's actually 'played' by a competent person (which I definitely am not!). Also, I like moving pictures

Sorry i don't make videos.
BTW compared to the Kripps and Willy_Wonkas and most of the other twitch dudes my playstyle sucks. Although i would have more lols and giggles than those guys if people could watch me pop a dispel burning flask instead of remove bleeding after getting punctured while still running.
was playing a build like this back in april and got it to 45ish before death to power outage. got one to 33 in july and stopped playing until yesterday. still feels pretty easy to play. trying one from scratch in nemesis now.

two questions about changes to the game. does incinerate have a place in these builds? what about avatar of flame and stack fire resist?
Last edited by JNMeiun on Nov 4, 2013, 8:10:08 AM
Thanks for the guide, and the cold guide. I am new to the game.

I am at the point where I need to decide to go fire or ice. I see you have been using fire and have more in depth playing tactics like reflect and such in that guide.

Can you break down the pros and cons of fire or ice for me?

"
JNMeiun wrote:
was playing a build like this back in april and got it to 45ish before death to power outage. got one to 33 in july and stopped playing until yesterday. still feels pretty easy to play. trying one from scratch in nemesis now.

two questions about changes to the game. does incinerate have a place in these builds? what about avatar of flame and stack fire resist?

It's hard to integrate incinerate as it has 0% base crit: All the crit nodes and burning nodes (unless you use ignite with incinerate) would be wasted on that spell. The fact that you have to stand still also requires a more tanky build than the usual fireball/fire trap build.
Imho incinerate is best used with dual totems (if you don't mind the horrible graphic effects that prevent you from seeing anything on screen when used with GMP).
Avatar of fire is useless for a fire witch as you already are dealing 100% fire damage.

"
WarNole wrote:
Thanks for the guide, and the cold guide. I am new to the game.

I am at the point where I need to decide to go fire or ice. I see you have been using fire and have more in depth playing tactics like reflect and such in that guide.

Can you break down the pros and cons of fire or ice for me?

Fire gives more damage because of the secondary burning effect. The use of fire traps makes reflect pretty easy to handle.
Cold gives better defense due to the chilling/freezing. Because of that you can survive with a bit less efficient gear than a fire witch.
I'm not taking sides in the is armour better or evasion discussion. In case you have a preference you should know that life cold builds should go eva( hybrid), fire life builds better take armour( hybrid) because of the colour restrictions of the chest.
Great build!

...but isn't Lord of the Dead only as 'bridge node' waste?

"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Unfortunately i can't write a lightning guide as i never played a pure lightning build.
Have a look at ixthUA and mine attempt --> Double Curse Arc build (at the end of the thread)
Thanks for this guide Bada_Bing! Very good written and newbie friendly. I´m following it (somewhat) even though I have two 80+ toons on Standard, since I don´t have any experience with fire but even more since I don´t have and gear or currency on Domination :)

I´m trying to go for a more burn-oriented build tho, using EE instead of LMP for fireball, and picking up the burn nodes.

However, I started messing around with a Flame Totem I found yesterday, supporting it with faster casting, LMP, and chance to ignite. I just wanted to try it out, but it got really nice DPS and pretty much melts mobs. Here´s the setup:

Do you (or somebody else reading this thread) have any experience with Flame Totem? Does it have a place in this build at all? And it that case, how does it differ from a Spell Totem with Incinerate? I´m not sure if the totem benefits from my spell/fire/burning damage nodes in the first place :)

Anyway, thanks again for the guide!
IGN:
Kuriosa (lvl 82 Summoner)
Dawnrazor (lvl 80 Cold Crit)
Sisterhood (lvl 77ish Fire Witch on Domination)
"
MrHarakiri wrote:

Do you (or somebody else reading this thread) have any experience with Flame Totem? Does it have a place in this build at all? And it that case, how does it differ from a Spell Totem with Incinerate? I´m not sure if the totem benefits from my spell/fire/burning damage nodes in the first place :)

I never used flame totem but i see no reason why you could not use it with that build. The gem/skill setup isn't set in stone. Flame totem and fireball benefit from the same passives. The difference to incinerate is the 4% base crit. Incinerate has 0% base crit, so all the crit and burning nodes are wasted. While incinerate is best used in a dual totem build imho you could use flame totem and fireball. You should be aware though that you are sacrificing a bit of your defense as you no longer can plant a summon skels spell totem.
Complete noob here.

I've read most of the thread, including the comments about Lord of the Dead use. I'm trying to balance my options here, but I don't have experience or almost any in-game knowledge to do so.

>Get LotD in the beggining as planned in the guide in order to use the totem thingy (:_D) with increased number of skeletons (as minion bait, is it?)
>Skip LoTD and go through the right side shield nodes to Deep Wisdom. If I end up switching to CI I'll need them anyway... but then I'm not sure if I'll want to go CI anyway, seems easier to roll with life and it's my first toon, so maybe I should keep it simple...
>And what about the left starting branch? If LotD is not really that usefull, why not getting to the left branch from the base? It sure takes more nodes but seems to have some sweet boosts in spell damage and critical strike chance for spells. I'm missing out here? Maybe that would postpone too much getting some critical nodes? Is not as good as it sounds?

I hope you can shed some light on that, so I can make an informed decision (and start using skill points already).

Oh, and thank you for the guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info