[1.3]Fireball Witch guide for beginners

whats the critical strike chance on the assassin's side for? does it also increase spell critical chance?
"
Jah_Ith_Ber wrote:
whats the critical strike chance on the assassin's side for? does it also increase spell critical chance?

Yes. Critical strike chance that isn't specified increases chances for spells as well as for attacks.
hey thanks for reply. i gotta say this build pretty solid my gear is crap but i can solo the vaal areas in cruel, when most people say they cant solo in cruel.
Hey again. I'm trying to trade better gear for myself, and I need help with my main hand. Right now I'm using

So, what is the most important things in main hand? Crit chance and spell damage? I noticed theres unique "Divinarius", would that be good choice, or might rare wands be better?

- Furious-T
"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Hey again. I'm trying to trade better gear for myself, and I need help with my main hand. Right now I'm using

So, what is the most important things in main hand? Crit chance and spell damage? I noticed theres unique "Divinarius", would that be good choice, or might rare wands be better?

- Furious-T

Since you running Crit build, you need both. One will not be enough. Crit Multiplier is also nice bonus. And look for both daggers and wands.

Divinarius is good, but of course there is plenty of better rare daggers or wands.
"
FuriousT1 wrote:

- Furious-T

Crit chance and spell or elemental damage ar the most important stats. Cast speed usually is too expensive (it has the worst currency orb - dps increase ratio so to say) and can be problematic on a fireball build which already uses a lot of mana.
To compare different stats you have to consider the other stats you already have (for example the higher your critical damage multiplier, the better crit.chance mods are compared to spell increase).
First calculate the damage one fireball hit does:
FBhit = BaseDamage x (1 + increased spell + increased fire + increased elemental)
Now add the critical hit part:
Crit = FBHit x (0.06 x (1 + increased crit.strike chance)) x (0.5 + (1.5 x increased crit.damage))
You now have to take into account the impact on burning damage. For simplicity i ignore chance to ignite from other sources than the crit chance. To somehow incorporate the burning i look at the burning damage for the time it takes to cast one fireball (i assume 0.7 seconds per cast with some cast speed from the tree)
Burn = FBHit x (0.5 + (1.5 x incr.crit.damage)) x crit.chance x (1 + incr.elemental/fire damage) x 0.2 x 0.7
The overall damage (not to be confused with the tooltip or the real damage as the supports etc are missing; it is just to compare different weapons) would then be:
Overall = FBHit + Crit + Burn

Given the average damage of a lvl 20 fireball without quality (491.5) and the tree of the lvl 81 life build (82% incr.spell and aoe damage, 97% fire/elemental damage, 285% incr.strike chance, 80% incr.crit.damage); with zero stats from other gear you are wearing:
Overall damage of your wand :
FBHit = 491.5 x (1 + 0.15 + 0.66 + 0.12 + 0.82 + 0.97) = 1828.38
Crit = 1828.38 x (0.06 x (1 + 0.11 + 2.85)) x (0.5 + (1.5 x 0.8)) = 738.52
Burn = 1828,38 x (0.5 + (1.5 x 0.8)) x (0.06 x (1 + 0.11 + 2.85)) x (1 + 0.12 + 0.97) x 0.2 x 0.7 = 216.09
[0.2 because burn is 20% per second of the initial damage over 4 seconds; 0.7 would be the cast speed of FB that it is broken down to]
Overall = 2782.99
Overall damage of divinarius (i assume PERFECT rolls; 70%spell, 140%crit):
FBHit = 491.5 x (1 + 0.7 + 0.82 + 0.97) = 1715.36
Crit = 1715.36 x (0.06 x (1 + 1.4 + 2.85)) x (0.5 + (1.5 x 0.8)) = 918.56
Burn = 1715.36 x (0.5 + (1.5 x 0.8)) x (0.06 x (1 + 1.4 + 2.85)) x (1 + 0.97) x 0.2 x 0.7 = 253.34
Overall = 2887.24

To have an exact comparison you would have to modify the calculation by adding the stats you have on your other gear pieces (spell/elemental damage, crit.chance, crit.damage).
Best use an Excel sheet with the above formulas so you can calculate the stats of different weapons.

BTW Everything being equal a 20%elemental damage mod is more beneficial than a 20%spell increase as the burning damage benefits from fire/elemental passives but not from spell passives. It might be a good idea to look out for sceptres too therefore.

I hope the above calculations are correct. Didn't double check them. Bit too tired:)

Edit: typo
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Apr 6, 2014, 4:47:03 PM
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

I tried to chech calculations, but decided I'm to lazy for that. I only noticed that on Divinarius calculation you forgot Imperial Skeans 40% increased Global Critical Strike Chance mod.. So Divinarius perfect roll has 140% Crit chance.
Last edited by Sarunastm on Apr 6, 2014, 3:58:23 PM
"
Sarunastm wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

I tried to chech calculations, but decided I'm to lazy for that. I only noticed that on Divinarius calculation you forgot Imperial Skeans 40% increased Global Critical Strike Chance mod.. So Divinarius perfect roll has 140% Crit chance.

It's a typo. The 140% are included in the calculations.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
Sarunastm wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

Hi, im following your build. Thanks for posting it.

Im thinking of making some changes. I'm looking at Intense zeal and also Body and Soul. And maybe going right around that beginning circle for the attack speed and also the critical chance. Does too much critical give diminishing returns or something? Im thinking of getting as much as possible.

It seems to me that the Kris daggers are pretty amazing with 80% crit increase. Are they the best?
"
Maxlvl wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

Hi, im following your build. Thanks for posting it.

Im thinking of making some changes. I'm looking at Intense zeal and also Body and Soul. And maybe going right around that beginning circle for the attack speed and also the critical chance. Does too much critical give diminishing returns or something? Im thinking of getting as much as possible.

It seems to me that the Kris daggers are pretty amazing with 80% crit increase. Are they the best?

I think you better look at Throatseeker (3 nodes that gives you 45% Crit Multiplier) instead of Intense Zeal, they are both good, but if Throatseeker are better at when you have high crit chance. In that beggining circle either take crit nodes, or cast speed and then you can consider that 25% crit node. 15% Crit nodes are waste of points. Dont think about getting as much as possible you need to get a balance of spell damage and crit, because they work together.

Kris daggers are best base dagger base for spellcasters. But still it depends on mods.

If you want to have to run with lots of crit you should aim for 6L with Power Charge on Critical as sixth gem. And it cost 1 passive (and 40 Intelligence) to get all +1 power charge nodes. Also in Templar side it puts you next to Body and Soul cluster.

It should look like this when you take power charges (it's my build, but since I use Fireball, there is only minor differences):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwelDkgPxBEvEZYVUBXXFkAXLxpsHwIpTyycLL8tHy9vNsU62Dt8O-FDY0bXRwZJG0myTLNN2FAwVdZWY1crWPVdxl3yXypfamBtY0Nk52aebRlwUnC7cNVxTX_GgKSCEIKbhX2GrodliEKIa4w2jHaOZJmams-cLZ1jnYCdo52uncSio6SxpwinK6-3tQS297b6tzG4ysBRwcXB88Lsw23Xhtgk2RPa3dte3fPfsOL344TkIuWO62Pr5OwY7DjyHfLh8933pvrS_KsSaQ==
Last edited by Sarunastm on Apr 7, 2014, 3:23:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info