Kripp's 2H Phys Sword Spectral Thrower

"
sikker wrote:
In the build some nodes are taking that gives bonus to melee physical. Isn't that pointless? I mean, I strongly assume that a spectrally thrown weapon is a projectile and not a melee weapon.
After all the Keywords are 'Projectile and Attack'.

Or does 'x% increased Physical Damage with Two-handed melee weapons' work differently?

I'm pretty sure it's BOTH.
Nothing to see here.
Well, I guess there is only one way to find out: check your DPS before and after one placed a point in such a node.

Has anyone tried it or am I about to spend a passive to find out? :)
Is there a reason to go ranger or can I do that as a Scion too? I might then change my Scion build since a huge part already is the same (going EK right now) and I could save the time it needs to level a new toon.
Thoughts?
He said he used Ranger to be that tiny bit more efficient. But as you can see he also almost reached the Scion starting point so it doesn't really matter in the end ;)
Ranger is better because starting scion nodes give projectile damage which doesn't affect double strike. Also melee physical doesn't work with spectral throw.
Ill just post some quick info as there seems to be a great deal of interest.

Ranger > Duelist > Scion for the Sword version. There are many great ways to combine DoubleStrike + Spectral Throw using other classes, but probably not for 2H swords.

Im still experimenting a bit, but the gems are thought to be as follows:
DoubleStrike, Melee Physical, Multistrike, Blood Magic, Faster Attacks, Added Fire
Spectral Throw, Added Fire, LMP, Blood Magic, Weapon Elemental, Faster Attacks

Reserve all mana with Hatred + Grace

Unlike most builds, this is very powerful throughout the entire game. Its a build you can begin at level 1, and is very effective from then on.

Help Oak all difficulties.

There are many damage passives available. The most important thing to know is which are better.

For point efficiency, best to worst:
Wicked Blade
Blade Master
Wrecking Ball
Reaver
Razor's Edge
Berserking
Legendary Swordsman
Acceleration
Brutal Blade

Level 93 build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B3AHnAf8DJwUtBu4ILgmWEPAS4RQgFHEY2xmOG6ob-iFgI_Yl3ycgKaUxnjGwMgkyfjQ1NDg1kjboOlI64UCgR35KfUrITeNOKlBHVgRW-livWkhbr2BLYSFhUmMXZU1noGxGbUpuaW6qcmx07XTxeA1673z1gTqE2YTvhmCHaod2iO2I8YoikGyXcJuNnrmfy6PnpBmmV6cwqW6plKvFrFmvoq_rtfK-ir6nwA_ApsDzwQfL9dJN037UUtd-3Q3nD-dj6wntg-4O73rv8PJF9778ifzF_gr-jw==
There is a 10% 2h physical node that is worth taking next to cruel blade. Legendary swordsman is a waste of points and very inefficient. After getting these 102 points it may be worth getting charisma for another aura.

It is also very useful to get cast on damage taken gem and combine with endurance cry, molten shell and projectile weakness/vulnerability curses. Make sure you don't level it above lvl1.
Last edited by Aggnog on Oct 27, 2013, 8:30:56 AM
Anyone happen to know which gems/supports kripp is using as of last night?
"
Aggnog wrote:
There is a 10% 2h physical node that is worth taking next to cruel blade. Legendary swordsman is a waste of points and very inefficient. After getting these 102 points it may be worth getting charisma for another aura.

It is also very useful to get cast on damage taken gem and combine with endurance cry, molten shell and projectile weakness/vulnerability curses. Make sure you don't level it above lvl1.

Why not level it passed lvl 1 just curious?
"
Aggnog wrote:
Also melee physical doesn't work with spectral throw.

That's what I thought. And still Krippers insists on taking Wrecking Ball and even calls it the third best power (and Reaver his 4th best etc).
Is Krippers confused, or am I missing something? :)
Last edited by sikker on Oct 27, 2013, 9:36:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info