Kripp's 2H Phys Sword Spectral Thrower

Last edited by NetherArum on Mar 8, 2014, 6:11:51 PM
3 points to get 12% hp?
4 points to get 2% mana leech?
4 points to get 10% aspd?
evasion/life hybrid nodes?
armor/life hybrid nodes and not getting the last +16 hp,16% armor one?
no blood magic gem?
wtf?

(no hate, just criticism)
"
atacaa wrote:
3 points to get 12% hp?
4 points to get 2% mana leech?
4 points to get 10% aspd?
evasion/life hybrid nodes?
armor/life hybrid nodes and not getting the last +16 hp,16% armor one?
no blood magic gem?
wtf?

(no hate, just criticism)

My specathrow is a little unorthadox, but I'm not gonna use the Kripp's style. It's still an LMP specathrow, but in a different flavor.

That being said, my build uses no BM, molten shell, etc. Just specathrow and vaal specathrow with leap slam and double strike on a vitality aura.

The path to mana leech adds more mana to help pad me for the mana usage, 12% life i'm not sure what you're talking about there, eva/life is so i can pick one or the other (not limiting myself), didn't even notice that I skipped the 16 hp 16% armour, and I don't see the issue with the 4 points, because thats dex/str to help with damage.
Last edited by NetherArum on Mar 8, 2014, 10:18:55 PM
"
"
vaiNe_ wrote:
Revised tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B0QHnBS0G7gguCZYOPBDwEuEUIBiRGNsZjhpVG6ob-h0mIWAj9iSbJd8nICcvKLUpLimlMbAyfjQ1Nug6Uj38QKBBdEd-Sn1OKlBHVvpYY1pIW69fP2BLYSFhUmMXZKNlTWegbI1tSm5pcrt07XTxdit673y4fPWAioE6hNmE74dqh3aI7YoijM-QbJdwm42fy6EioW2iQKPnpBmkrKcwqZSrxa3kr6Kv67nNvJ--p8APwKbA88EEwQfEosS4xtjL9dJN037UUtX4137dDeOf5w_rCe2D7g7vDu9O73rv8PGs8i_0-PZI9038ifzF

Hi vaiNe_, would you mind to post your gear and stats? I'm interested at starting this kind of character in Ambush: do you think it's viable as first character?

A 120 point build is so unrealistic. You should aim for a end game build to be 80-85. Anything after that is just luxury.

@Tanfodelmale A spectral throw build is extremely viable and very cheap. I would first decide if you'll be playing the majority of the time solo or in a party. If you want to run solo take the marauder area for parties skip it and just take more damage nodes and life nodes.

This is an updated skill tree of what I used in domination and I was able to face tank most bosses and played almost strictly solo.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FLQbuCC4LYQ48GNsZjho-G6ohYCP2Jd8otSkuKaUxnjIJMn40NTWSNug6Uj38QKBBdEZpR35KfUrITeNOKlRJVbVWBFb6Vw1YY1ivWkhbr18_YEthUmVNZ6Bqk2xGbUpuaW6qcmx07XTxdit4DXloeu98uHz1gIqBOoTZhmCHdojtiPGKIozPkAqRzpdwm42ezZ_LplepbrXytkG-p8APwKbA88EEwQfEuMbY0iHSTdN-1FLV7dX4137dDe2D7g7vTu967_DxrPIv9kj3Tfe-_MX-jw==

Can get rid of sentinel if you're over capped.

Bandits -
Normal - help oak
Cruel - help oak
Merc - help oak or take skill point

ST-LMP-LGoH is super cheap set up and makes you very tanky and makes getting health back super easy. You may want at the start take primal spirit to help with mana regen.
"
tanfodelmale wrote:

8,1k ST, 37k double strike, 4,9k hp, 6200 armor, 5,5% life regen. 4% leech from amulet is enough to sustain. Very viable as a starters build.

As for 120 point builds being unrealistic; so take away a few nodes then, jesus, how difficult can it be to imagine how it looks at level ~80?
IGN: vaiNe_
Last edited by vaiNe_ on Mar 11, 2014, 8:51:55 PM
Thanks, it seems solid and kinda cheap.

I think the main problem of using a physical spectral throw without blood magic support as main attack would be find a support for a virtual 6th link.

How do you perform in high level maps with 8k aoe dps, if I may ask? ( 74+ I mean )

Do you think maybe Grace or even Haste for more raw power and mobility could fit in with enough mana and mana regen? Or maybe they're just options for BM gem users.
"
tanfodelmale wrote:
Thanks, it seems solid and kinda cheap.

I think the main problem of using a physical spectral throw without blood magic support as main attack would be find a support for a virtual 6th link.

How do you perform in high level maps with 8k aoe dps, if I may ask? ( 74+ I mean )

Do you think maybe Grace or even Haste for more raw power and mobility could fit in with enough mana and mana regen? Or maybe they're just options for BM gem users.

Grace could definitely fit in with enough mana, and I would certainly use it. Remember 8k is with 1 hit, and I've counted up to 5 hits in a single attack against a single mob, and its always atleast 2 hits with spectral throw, so think of it as 16k aoe dps minimum.

As for links they are as follows;

Spectral Throw - Faster Attacks - Added Fire - LMP - Physical Proj dmg, sixth link would be WED

Double Strike - Melee Physical dmg - Multistrike - Added Fire - WED, sixth would be Faster Attacks
Last edited by vaiNe_ on Mar 12, 2014, 5:28:09 AM
Vaine why don't you take those mana reserve nodes above the ranger area ?
I had those pre 1.1.0 with my duelist and didn't have mana problems with a 2% mana leech ring.
You could use two auras with this setup also.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Slagmaur wrote:
Vaine why don't you take those mana reserve nodes above the ranger area ?
I had those pre 1.1.0 with my duelist and didn't have mana problems with a 2% mana leech ring.
You could use two auras with this setup also.

Because its 6 points, and I'm only level 86. :\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info