Computer Shutting Down

Hello, Appreciate the response.

I get what you're saying, and I agree that PoE is poorly optimized. I simply don't have this issue with any other game, MMO, single player, or otherwise. I have over 500 games on Steam, and another 300'ish from gog.com (which admittedly are older games). I simply can't accept that 1 game out of 800+ means that there must be a problem with my computer somewhere. Not to mention all of the other non-gaming functions that I use my computer for, some of which are fairly demanding on for some of the hardware.

Like I said, I get what you're saying and I appreciate the response, but there is a rather overwhelming amount of evidence against my computer being the culprit. Keep in mind what I said - I uninstalled PoE back in Jan of this year - not a single computer issue, while gaming or otherwise, even when having weeks of 24/7 computer uptime. I install PoE this very morning, and within hours I'd experienced two resets. The second one actually happened when I opened a chest I had missed on a completely cleared map, so it's not like these crashes are occurring when there's a ton of combat or something going on.

Though far from common, there are other threads out there of people reporting the exact same situation, so I still think there's something goofy going on here with PoE (I've also done a format/reinstall since the last time I Played, for what it's worth).

Ah well...
Last edited by Vicariously on Apr 20, 2015, 7:16:07 AM
I have the same issue here. Done everything necessary including;

-format
-opening PSU and cleaning
-opening Graphic card and cleaning
-making a stress test with furmark
-checking parameters while playing
-checking parameters while doing other stuff

My hardware is working perfectly fine. Also i was playing PoE without any problem 2-3 days ago.

Moments before shutdown, FPS flickers between 20-65 very rapidly.

Please fix this. I am a HC-only player and the sustainability is more important that anything.

As explained before, if your PC is shutting down while playing, there is nothing GGG can do to "fix it". It's not a PoE issue to fix.
I'm having the same issue. Only started happening recently. And only since 1.3 have I been having issues with the actual POE game crashing.
Tried re-installing the game, didn't work. Tried a system restore before a couple windows updates for when it did work, and it crashes my computer every time after 5-20 minutes. The only thing that has changed on my computer is that new patch. It has to be the POE update.
Oh, and I tried turning off shadows and music. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5670. Runs fine with everything else, and like I said this just tarted happening with this new update.
PoE can NOT shut the game down...end of, you are either overheating OR parts on your PC are failing possibly even drivers getting borked...this has nothing to do with PoE or any update, if it was you would have a metric shit ton more people posting about it rather than desperately trying to find something that is 2 years old to try justify your claim
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
PoE can NOT shut the game down...end of, you are either overheating OR parts on your PC are failing possibly even drivers getting borked...this has nothing to do with PoE or any update, if it was you would have a metric shit ton more people posting about it rather than desperately trying to find something that is 2 years old to try justify your claim
'

of course it can restart the pc, why shouldn't it be able? There is an unlimited amount of bugs which can happen

btw. I think I have the same issue as most others here, will check tomorow if the HD Audio driver stuff helps me
Last edited by Daxten36 on Jun 13, 2015, 8:07:49 PM
"
Daxten36 wrote:
of course it can restart the pc, why shouldn't it be able? There is an unlimited amount of bugs which can happen

btw. I think I have the same issue as most others here, will check tomorow if the HD Audio driver stuff helps me

Actually, it cannot.

There are protections in place within Windows to prevent general software from causing PC restarts without going through the normal "Windows Restart" process. Anything else that causes the PC to restart is due to something like a BSoD or some other type of crash... either caused by software/driver corruptions, driver issues, or hardware issues.

There is really no other way for PoE to cause the PC to restart, besides the fact that it isn't PoE causing the PC to restart. The PC is restarting and it is while using PoE. That's a different problem.

Think of it like I've said before... lets say you have a cracked rib. Under normal usage, it doesn't bother you too much as long as it's left alone. Lets say I (being PoE) come along and poke you directly in the cracked rib. You're likely going to feel the pain and it's gonna hurt... quite a lot. I didn't cause the cracked rib... it was already cracked before I came along and poked it.. however my poking it definitely made you notice it was there.

One is the problem and the other is the symptom. PoE is just poking the system in a way it doesn't like.... but ultimately it is a problem somewhere within the PC itself that causes it to reboot when poked like PoE is doing.

Usually this is drivers (or in the case of a BSoD) and can be detected by looking at the Windows Event/Error log, or by looking in the minidumps using something like BlueScreenView to see if there are any correlating crashes around the time of the reboot. If that shows nothing, then the problem is more likely hardware related... either through overheating, under-powering components, or a broken component itself. A lot of times it is because the PSU cannot supply appropriate power to all the components drawing simultaneously under load (and heat).

It's something likely in there somewhere.
And all we're asking is for them to look into what's "poking" our computers that they obviously put into place in one of the updates. Because the game had worked fine for my computer for the as four years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info