[1.0] Queen_Frostburn | AoF Burning Dual Ice Spear Totems | No longer Updated

"
Not sure if I'm missing something here...

but WHY use Avatar of Fire at all????

Just use the cold to fire gem... the AoF keystone just halves your damages and won't let you freeze anyone.... that sucks.

If you just use cold to fire gem you still do non-fire damage and 'should' be able to freeze and burn at the same time.

Solid point...
Exiled for Eternity
i like it, i am going to try it.
one thing that you can improve though. instead of 4 points in the 6% nodes near the start that you dont need to link to any chains and the 2 nodes at flesh and steel, move those points to body and soul and get the extra gold node. You would need to use more respec points but its free +8 all resist 8% energy and 20% armor for flasks.
"
smartybarty wrote:
"

Just use the cold to fire gem... the AoF keystone just halves your damages and won't let you freeze anyone.... that sucks.

If you just use cold to fire gem you still do non-fire damage and 'should' be able to freeze and burn at the same time.

Solid point...

This build is meant for sheer Burn DPS, not to Freeze/Chill targets. If you were to only use Cold-To-Fire, Sure, I can burn will freezing, but, this isn't giving the DPS I was looking for. If you want to do this outside of AoF, That's great, let me know how it turn's out. :)
"Just because you can't see the path through the forest doesn't mean using a bulldozer is the most efficient way through." -Rhys
Last edited by zakktb on Oct 25, 2013, 9:37:10 PM
"
Noruka wrote:
i like it, i am going to try it.
one thing that you can improve though. instead of 4 points in the 6% nodes near the start that you dont need to link to any chains and the 2 nodes at flesh and steel, move those points to body and soul and get the extra gold node. You would need to use more respec points but its free +8 all resist 8% energy and 20% armor for flasks.

I have seen that as well, After I have made the skill trees, just procrastinating from changing all the links to the Passive skill tree. :/
"Just because you can't see the path through the forest doesn't mean using a bulldozer is the most efficient way through." -Rhys
"
Hello im back again with some very grave news, im not sure if RF is even a viable option anymore and even with some pretty OP gear it really won't matter. Here is my current setup and even running 4 auras (purity, vit, clarity, and disc) with capped fire resist the degen is simply too much. This is including 1% regen from templar, 2.2% from scion, .4% from fire nodes.

If it doesnt work with....
Spoiler

then I dont know what it will work with. Here is the passive tree if you are interested
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEC4wQHBLMHpQ5IES8RlhJpFVAWQBa_FxwXVB0UHwIigSSLJ6ko-ilPKhMsnCynLR82xTbYOthDY0kbSbJMs03YUDBXK1j1WfNd8l76Y0Nmnmh0bRlwUnC7cNVxTXF5e9d8u35Zf8aBb4IQgpuCx4V9h2WH24gbjHaOPI9Gj_qUoJmams-cLZ2jna6dxJ48oqOj8qcIp5Svja-3tve3MbiTwBrAUcHzwxPDbdH92CTaYtrd37DjhOtj6-7sGOw47FXvhfPq98H56PrS_Ks=

I never really thought of using this build with RF to be honest, not for any build of mine. But its nice to know that someone has tried it. And even if I was, after I seen the nerf, I probably wouldn't.
"
zakktb wrote:
"
smartybarty wrote:
"

Solid point...

This build is meant for sheer Burn DPS, not to Freeze/Chill targets. If you were to only use Cold-To-Fire, Sure, I can burn will freezing, but, this isn't giving the DPS I was looking for. If you want to do this outside of AoF, That's great, let me know how it turn's out. :)

I'm with ya.. and I'm not bashing at all... I want to use this build.

but why would you use AoF when you only get 50% conversion and lose 1/2 of your DPS!?!?!

Cold to fire gives you from 40% up to 72% (at level 20)conversion to Fire damage AND you get to keep your cold DPS AND you get to Freeze.

Seriously, what am I missing here.

You're suggesting.

1. Waste a skill point in AoF
2. Cap Fire damage at 50% instead of scaling up to around 72%+
3. Throw away 1/2 your DPS for no reason
4. Lose the ability to freeze your opponents.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but it doesn't make sense.

thanks
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
Last edited by SeriousBeatdown on Oct 25, 2013, 11:06:29 PM
"

but why would you use AoF when you only get 50% conversion and lose 1/2 of your DPS!?!?!

Cold to fire gives you from 40% up to 72% (at level 20)conversion to Fire damage AND you get to keep your cold DPS AND you get to Freeze.

You're suggesting.

thanks

The way I was looking at it was that The Cold-to-Fire gem and AoF would stack, thus giving you even more fire damage, unless I have seen this, and have been told wrong. Would be awesome to get some Dev input to see if they do stack. But, its what I thought was best.
"
zakktb wrote:
"

You're suggesting.

thanks

The way I was looking at it was that The Cold-to-Fire gem and AoF would stack, thus giving you even more fire damage, unless I have seen this, and have been told wrong. Would be awesome to get some Dev input to see if they do stack. But, its what I thought was best.

Thank you that makes sense... if it does stack you would get a little more fire damage but since you're only getting 1/2 of minor cold damge boost with AoF I think the increase fire damage would be very minor.

I think overall you would get more DPS keeping the cold damage, but for my style of play the real benefit would be freezing.

thanks for the explanation, it would be great if a Dev could confirm if they stack, but for me, I'd still just use the cold to fire gem.
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
"
"
zakktb wrote:
"

You're suggesting.

thanks

Thank you that makes sense... if it does stack you would get a little more fire damage but since you're only getting 1/2 of minor cold damge boost with AoF I think the increase fire damage would be very minor.

I think overall you would get more DPS keeping the cold damage, but for my style of play the real benefit would be freezing.

thanks for the explanation, it would be great if a Dev could confirm if they stack, but for me, I'd still just use the cold to fire gem.

If you need help while planning it or anything, send me a message and I'll help you in any way possible!
tbh if you wanted to just do ice spear, you could probably follow this build through most of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info