[1.0] Queen_Frostburn | AoF Burning Dual Ice Spear Totems | No longer Updated

since "Avatar of fire" makes you deal "no non fire damage" you cant freeze mobs (sadly)
because for the freezing or the chilling effect you would need to deal cold damage i think
IGN - SunChaos, Syldra
"
NeOZealouS wrote:
This is a very interesting theory actually....

I'm curious as the answers to these questions:

When the ice spear crits, will it always burn the target then?
Will the ice spear still freeze/chill the target? (this would be awesome)
Are you planning on doing most of your damage through burning dmg? If so, are you planning on doing ele prolif on the ice spear?

This concept is just very interesting.

Lastly, I personally don't think this is optimized running as a scion (I know you want to run a scion because its new), but I think witch would be your best bet.

Edit: Also curious about all of your links for the totem.. is cold to fire going to be utilized?

1) Yes, I have tested this on a different character that I wasn't using with the passive reset. Every Crit = Burn
2) No sadly, it dosnt Chill/freeze the target :(
3)a) Yes, Mostly Burn Dmg b)Yes, Ele Prolif ice Spear is backbone, because we want everything to burn
4) I was leaning more on survivability, where things are not being frozen/chilled, we want to have some nice ES, Without dropping from the main Passive line we take, so Scion was the best for this(my thinking).
5) The Links will be:
  • Ice Spear
  • Spell totem
  • Ele Prolif
  • Chance to Ignite
  • Fire Pen
  • Cold to Fire

*Not in order of importance

This information will be added to the guide later.
"Just because you can't see the path through the forest doesn't mean using a bulldozer is the most efficient way through." -Rhys
Having issues putting in all the information I want to put in. This may take a while...
"Just because you can't see the path through the forest doesn't mean using a bulldozer is the most efficient way through." -Rhys
What are you doing for bandits?
"
Feanux wrote:
What are you doing for bandits?

Normal: Kill
Cruel: Kill
Merc: Kill OR If you want to stack Power Charges, Help Alira

Will be added to the guide soon
Erm - correct me if I'm being dumb (I most likely am), I don't see the AoF skill leveled in the skill trees in the initial post?
"
Awesomesauce wrote:
Erm - correct me if I'm being dumb (I most likely am), I don't see the AoF skill leveled in the skill trees in the initial post?

You are correct.
"
Feanux wrote:
"
Awesomesauce wrote:

You are correct.

Sorry about this, was having trouble posting information, also in class atm, will fix in about 30 minutes.
Nice write up, hope to see some more info whenever whatever is broken fixes itself.
"
FireTako wrote:
Nice write up, hope to see some more info whenever whatever is broken fixes itself.

Thanks! It seems as though its an issue with spoilers, so now im double backing up whatever i post.

Also: Edited the build so that AoF is added in the switch to CI. Reason for this is because we will have alot of crit then, so we should be burning everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info