Spectral Throw

This skill is extremely well balanced. Even in early game it is not overly strong when you consider the speed and inflexibility of the missile. Its a unique skill that has unique support variations.

Does anyone know if using a maxed slower projectile gem will keep a 2 handed spectral throw missile entirely within the point blank bonus range?
Messy info in this thread and clarification needed.

I would like to know for sure in one answer:

1: How does faster and slower projectiles and faster attacks work with ST?

2: How does ST work with LMP/GMP regarding hiting enemies with all or just oneprojectile(s) on the way away and too you?

3: How many hits per second does ST do?

4: Can you throw several ST:s eventhough the first one has not finished yet?
(High attack speed with Slower Projectiles)

Thank you in advance :-)
IGN: Hydralin
"
boof wrote:
Any chance of getting some official words on how the skill works with point blank, particularly regarding the return part of the attack.

Also, people generally seem to think the skill can't shotgun, yet you can line up all 3 parts of the attack on the return path and have them each hit a target. If all parts of the attack can hit on the way back, why not on the way out?

I'd test further but it's really finicky and I get annoyed easily. Some official words on this too would be nice.

edit: You will also notice using lmp ST on corrupted blood monsters, you will accumulate charges way faster than you normally would.

About point blank we can find some informations from GGG staff here.
From those informations I can't say about the return part of the attack but the "close range" part of point blank is pretty, well, close (<=20 it's like cleave range). It means melee fight all the time to trigger the bonus of point blank.

"
This skill is disgusting.

It's severely overpowered and underplays the value of other possible decisions I can make. It does 10 times the damage of every other option available to me and mows through everything with ease as a result.

Its a fun skill. So your statement is not true.
Early in the game 50% damage effectiveness seems fair but later on things get more difficult. I think low level rare weapons are op, not thiss skill.
"
Peacebringer wrote:
Messy info in this thread and clarification needed.

I would like to know for sure in one answer:

1: How does faster and slower projectiles and faster attacks work with ST?

2: How does ST work with LMP/GMP regarding hiting enemies with all or just oneprojectile(s) on the way away and too you?

3: How many hits per second does ST do?

4: Can you throw several ST:s eventhough the first one has not finished yet?
(High attack speed with Slower Projectiles)

Thank you in advance :-)

Take a look at the wiki page for Spectral Throw, some of this is answered there, yet I'm not sure how accurate the info is (it is not a site run by GGG, afaik).

1. Faster will extend the range (probably to the edge of the screen), slower will shorten the range. I'm not sure if the total duration of the flight time is changed at all, it may be the case that the projectiles are on screen longer by using either of these gems (and can therefore do more potential damage each).

2. According to the wiki an attack can only hit an enemy only once every 0.3 seconds. I'm not sure if that means the entire attack or just a single projectile. Confirmation on that would be useful.

3. See #2. This will also depend a lot on your attack speed.

4. Yes, there seems to be no limit, it is gated by your attack speed, projectile speed and your character movement. You can achieve even more of them being active by throwing some and the using a movement skill (leap slam, etc.) to get farther away from your projectiles and then throw some more, etc.
And then there's the massive confusion I feel when it hits a monster standing adjacent to me twice on the projectile's return trip. My best guess it has nothing to do with my knockback stat, and everything to do with the size of the projectile. I'ma assuming it's large enough to hit the guy from far enough sometimes that it has enough time to pass through the no-hit timeout and get an extra hit from the projectile's tail.
This skill is way too powerfull... i do 3 to 5 times more damage than other spells using a averange 2H Mace.
"
SirLoin wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
llama wrote:
Does melee weapon range (like arena master passive or daressos unique) increase the hitbox of the thrown weapon? Thanks for your help, might be a dev question.
The base range of the weapon affects the projectile's size, but bonuses to melee range from passives etc do not, as it is not being used in melee.

The Master of the Arena gives +2 to melee weapon range, not melee range. So shouldn't this affect spectral throw? The wording would imply that it increases the range of the weapon itself, not specifically melee range. Is the passive just worded incorrectly?

I agree--Master of the Arena says "+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed Range" which suggests that it affects range of melee weapons regardless of skill used. Otherwise, the description should be changed to something like "+2 to Melee Attack and Skill Range."

Passives that have "melee physical damage" don't--and shouldn't--affect Spectral Throw, because it is projectile damage.
Question regarding ST:

Do passives that give % Physical Damage for specific weapon types or handed-ness apply to this skill? I read the wiki (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spectral_Throw) and seems ambiguous.

For example say the Executioner passive states:
"12% increased Physical Damage with 2 Handed Melee Weapons"

I would lean towards thinking that the passive WOULD apply for ST skill, but I wanted to be positive before I spec into any passives worded this way.

TIA
"
madtowndave wrote:
Question regarding ST:

Do passives that give % Physical Damage for specific weapon types or handed-ness apply to this skill? I read the wiki (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spectral_Throw) and seems ambiguous.

For example say the Executioner passive states:
"12% increased Physical Damage with 2 Handed Melee Weapons"

I would lean towards thinking that the passive WOULD apply for ST skill, but I wanted to be positive before I spec into any passives worded this way.

TIA
read this thread or the wiki article again. It's not ambiguous at all in the wiki.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Oct 30, 2013, 4:15:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info