Spectral Throw

After some testing I think this skill needs a serious nerf. Compared to other skills, it does way to much damage, especially with LMP/GMP/Attack Speed. I would go for higher mana costs or lower damage modifier.
The way damage is calculated, do you think ST can be used with 1-handed weapons or would it be sub-par compared to 2-handed weapons ?
"
Asshai wrote:
The way damage is calculated, do you think ST can be used with 1-handed weapons or would it be sub-par compared to 2-handed weapons ?

Yes, it can be used with 1 handers very well. However, and this is just my opinion, I would recommend doing an elemental dmg build or crit build. The drawback to a 1 hander is the weapon itself is smaller and because the weapons size dictates the "aoe" size of the hits you need to be a bit more precise with 1 handers. However, the faster attack speeds of 1 handers work very well with heal on hit, as well as other on hit effects since you can hit so many times with each throw.

Nugiyen is using dagger + Shield crit variation and it is working pretty well for him. Well enough to have him fairly high on the ladder
Last edited by Consequence on Oct 27, 2013, 7:56:20 AM
"
Asshai wrote:

I use 2 SB gems. First in Body with 5 links and GMP and max damage stuff. Second in Gloves with mana+live leech and faster attackspeed.
For the standart trash I use a 2h-axe. For hard enemys I switch via X-key to 1h+shield. Works very well for me :). (And the gem is super easy to get as the new class get it at the very first quest).

For it's power ... It should be compared to Ground Slam. If someone might want to do it:
- Spectral Blade + lesser multiple progectiles
- Ground Slam + Multistrike
Both are ranged AoE attacks for melee-weapon users.

Against singel targets it should be compared WITHOUT Lesser or Greater multiple projectil suport gems against Double Strike without Melee Splash or Multitrike (let's they you have 1 yellow Champs as enemy).
Both can hit 2 times. SP might hit only 1 time or even 0 times if the target is moving fast (little act 2 Ape champ as example). But you don't need melee distance which helps against bosses like the Butcher.

And as I use 2* SB gems a compareble build would be 1 Double Strike + 1 Ground Slam gem (or any other combo of 1 singel-target + 1 multi-target gems).

TL;TR
In my eyes it is a good gem but not overpowert.
Last edited by Schakar on Oct 27, 2013, 8:12:34 AM
What is the Base Crit chance of Spectral Throw?

I've got an ok 2 handed mace in Cruel, I feel severely underpowered atm with ST. So the people saying it's OP are dead wrong, or they have GG gear.
"
What is the Base Crit chance of Spectral Throw?

Same as every other attack. What your weapon's chance is.
I've had no problems using Spectral Throw. It's great fun. It looks really funny when you stand below the stairs and throw the projectiles up at the screen! GIANT AXE TO THE FACE!

With above decent gear and physical dps passive build. I'm dishing out okay damage in nemesis - normal difficulty.

If players wanted a nerf for it... I'd probably only look at reducing the attack speed ONLY.

Good work GG keep it up!

Cheers,
Memphis

Suggestions
>Alt 'Entrance' & 'Quest NPC'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/subtledoorANDquest.png
>Alt 'Character Panel'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/Stats.png
I've been a big critic of skill design in this game, but with Spectral Throw you guys finally found your groove.

For once we get a skill that is both interesting yet hasn't had its core usability nerfed for the sake of balance. It has a clear purpose, and it executes that purpose well. I hope this is a harbinger of more quality skills from the process you guys have developed.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
I've been a big critic of skill design in this game, but with Spectral Throw you guys finally found your groove.

For once we get a skill that is both interesting yet hasn't had its core usability nerfed for the sake of balance. It has a clear purpose, and it executes that purpose well. I hope this is a harbinger of more quality skills from the process you guys have developed.

Gotta agree here, more than once new skills have had to go through several patches to become even usable.
IGN : Jovial
This skill is overpowered only in early-mid game.
On high levels it is pretty much the same as other melee gems or even worse.
For instance infernal blow + melee splash + increased aoe clears zone significantly faster.
Same for dominating blow with it's huge army.
Last edited by hrapvlesu on Oct 27, 2013, 11:19:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info