Spectral Throw

What's the base range the Spectral Throw projectiles fly out to?

e:
"
lexcaintt wrote:
Sooo... what I wanted to ask is if it's intentional Sprectral Throw is checking if the target was hit by another "Spectral Weapon" about 0.5 seconds ago to prevent the "shotgun" dmg? Because right now it results in Spectral Throw hitting your enemy like 4 or 5 times when at max range, because the weapon stays at that position for quite long. I don't have a problem with that, as slower projectiles is actually a pretty immense dmg and control increase because of that, but, like I said, I am not sure whether that's intentional or not.

Cheers and sorry for my bad english, it's quite late right now.. wait.. it's early in the morning.. dammit..
Bye

Does the check cover Spectral Weapons from all sources / just you / just from the same cast? I'd expect one of the latter two, but if it's anything but same-cast, then the skill won't scale well with attack speed.
Last edited by Ornedan on Oct 25, 2013, 10:01:13 AM
"
SirLoin wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
llama wrote:
Does melee weapon range (like arena master passive or daressos unique) increase the hitbox of the thrown weapon? Thanks for your help, might be a dev question.
The base range of the weapon affects the projectile's size, but bonuses to melee range from passives etc do not, as it is not being used in melee.

The Master of the Arena gives +2 to melee weapon range, not melee range. So shouldn't this affect spectral throw? The wording would imply that it increases the range of the weapon itself, not specifically melee range. Is the passive just worded incorrectly?

I would assume it increases the reach of the weapon in melee.

Then, the Spectral Throw skill takes the weapons melee range and uses it to generate the projectile hitbox.

---

But then again , all other passives that have "melee" in them are not used by Spectral.

---

On the same line of thought, I wonder if Spectral Throw ignores the Twin Terrors notable node which increases "weapon critical strike chance" along with the other 2 nodes nearby that have the same unique wording.
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
"
Ornedan wrote:

Does the check cover Spectral Weapons from all sources / just you / just from the same cast? I'd expect one of the latter two, but if it's anything but same-cast, then the skill won't scale well with attack speed.

It's not a cast, but an attack. Should be from each separate attack.

"
MegaDeth666 wrote:

---

But then again , all other passives that have "melee" in them are not used by Spectral.

---

(Melee Weapon) (Damage)?
Last edited by Xiazee on Oct 25, 2013, 11:01:36 AM
"
kodr wrote:
Some people on reddit reported that Point Blank didn't work well with spectral throw because Point Blank is based on the distance traveled, and the weapon would deal less damage when it returns.
I thought it was based on the distance from the character, like a radius.
is it as designed or will it change in the future?

It should be based on distance from character so should do the same on the way out as the way in if the target is same distance from the character, if not this is a bug.
Can Spectral Throw cause knockback?

Will knockback nodes increase the knockback value?

If I use ST with a staff, will the Staff knockback nodes further increase the knockback?

When the weapon is returning, will mobs be knockbacked 'towards' me now?

This could be fun.
"
Cohr wrote:

If I use ST with a staff, will the Staff knockback nodes further increase the knockback?

Yes
Yes
Yes
No

"
sherkhan wrote:
How do I figure out the base range per weapon type?

5 for two-handed melee weapons, 4 for one-handed melee weapons.
Source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Range
Last edited by Scol91 on Oct 25, 2013, 6:31:33 PM
After playing around with it some more, I really think that Spectral Throw needs to be weakened. As it is now, it's extremely powerful with next to no investment at all. If you aren't using a bow or wand, there's really no reason why you shouldn't be using Spectral Throw in its current state.
"
Scol91 wrote:
"
Cohr wrote:

Yes
Yes
Yes
No

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I would be really excited to see ST cause knockback towards your character on it's return trip. From a logical standpoint, it makes sense, but even moreso from a gameplay perspective, I'd like to try a few things playing around with that.
"
Cohr wrote:

This could be fun.

I want to add other question about Knockback with staves:

Will "Blunt Trauma" node (Knocks back enemies if you get a critical strike with your staff) works with Spectral Throw?

I think it will work since the Bow equivalent "King of the Hill" (Knocks back enemies if you get a critical strike with your staff) has the same description. (and you dont hit with the bow, just with the proyectiles)

*Blun Trauma is just near down Avatar of fire.
Last edited by Gaaruda on Oct 25, 2013, 8:47:53 PM
"
Gaaruda wrote:
"
Cohr wrote:

This could be fun.

I want to add other question about Knockback with staves:

Will "Blunt Trauma" node (Knocks back enemies if you get a critical strike with your staff) works with Spectral Throw?

I think it will work since the Bow equivalent "King of the Hill" (Knocks back enemies if you get a critical strike with your staff) has the same description. (and you dont hit with the bow, just with the proyectiles)

*Blun Trauma is just near down Avatar of fire.
EVERYTHING related to the weapon (except melee specific damage boosts) apply to spectral throw. spectral throw is an attack and stun modifiers and knockback modifiers both work as normal. however that bow passive is for bows... so no.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info