Spectral Throw

You are using a Melee weapon, dealing Projectile Damage. The Crit nodes only check the Weapon type, not the Damage type.
I have that so I can check. I never realized the [slightest] possibility that it might not.

1-handed and 2-handed melee weapon damage does work (just not "melee physical damage" passives— i.e. without the word 'weapon' in there), so along that reasoning, the critical ones should work as well.

edit: yeah it works.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Oct 24, 2013, 7:55:30 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
The shotgun effect is nice and makes for potentially very high single target DPS if you get all 3 projectiles hitting twice; it's cool with GMP, but I think LMP would be more effective.

This skill has good theoretical DPS, but it's a bit lacking in overall fast killing power due to the slow projectiles. Your character can't move around too much to use this effectively, and it usually takes time before any monster gets hit twice by the same attack.
Reminds me a little of incinerate; although it's obviously quite different.

I think overall it's a really nice diverse skill that doesn't particularly seem too overpowered or underpowered right now.

It seemed like crit chance might be evaluated another time on the return trip, but I'd bet what I saw was just it missing on it's way out before critting on it's way back (or something else mistaken).

it doesnt shotgun yo
ign: hoya on hardcore
hoya is really shit at mapping
I have tried three versions of Spectral Throw and they are all fun and fills separate purposes. I use one connected to Increased Projectile Speed for when enemies are far away and one connected to Reduced Projectile Speed that I use when enemies come up close so that they get hit for the second to fourth time faster.

The third version I have tried is connected to Lesser Multiple Projectiles. I find that this version works best when enemies are coming from all directions. So spreading out the projectiles works well for this. Otherwise, the hit box is so big that I really don't need more than one projectile when throwing the weapon in to a group of monsters.

I want more skills like this. It is unique, compared to the other skills, for the simple reason that its movement pattern is unlike any other skill. You can play around with it and find new uses that works for different situations. Like standing around a corner from an Alchemist throw the weapon in opposite direction then run around the corner and past the alchemist and the Spectral Throw will come back to you and hit the alchemist while you are running away. There is no other skill that I can think of that makes things like this possible.
Iron Grip makes str give 0.2% melee damage, and 0.2% projectile damage. The projectile damage part will boost the damage of spectral throw. Simple stuff.
And then there are people like me who want to get as much knockback as possible, to turn this thing into a chainsaw.

Good times.
Some people on reddit reported that Point Blank didn't work well with spectral throw because Point Blank is based on the distance traveled, and the weapon would deal less damage when it returns.
I thought it was based on the distance from the character, like a radius.
is it as designed or will it change in the future?
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
Some people on reddit reported that Point Blank didn't work well with spectral throw because Point Blank is based on the distance traveled, and the weapon would deal less damage when it returns.
I thought it was based on the distance from the character, like a radius.

Exactly. Point blank's description says distance from the player, and i tried this with 2 same mobs hitting me on melee, one hitting on the throw and killing in just one shot, and the other hitted on the way back and just 1/4 life tooked. Position=speed*time is not valid here, because it is supposig also that the ST is a linear projectile, but speed makes a curve as it stops at the "end" of the throw. So, probably, the multihits before start the way back are now dealing different damages.

Also, i think this skill is cool as hell :)
I use it with GMP for big groups, and additionally glacial hammer with melee splash for thighter groups.
It is possible to throw a whole bunch of weapons, then switch to glacial hammer while they boomerang back - so you get additional DPS, if timed right.
nvm
Last edited by fitmaster on Oct 25, 2013, 8:41:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info