Spectral Throw

ok i guess the wording in the wiki is outdated and they cleared it up? i cant find the exact text on the iron grip support gem.

thanks for clarification.
Reach out and touch hate.
I am trying this with dual wield claws and the tool tip says that it adds the life steal of both weapons for every attack. Because the attack hits so many tome I never loose life.

I also just found a very good dagger and was wondering if anyone knew how this skill would work on a crit/dagger build?
"
Hastur667 wrote:
ok i guess the wording in the wiki is outdated and they cleared it up?

Note that the wiki is completely unofficial, not made by Grinding Gear Games. Take anything you read on it with a grain of salt, especially after huge patches.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Since I am only lvl 29 in Memesis all I can say right now is that it is fun to play with this skill so far. Even supported with LMP the skill is easily spamable. I go for a crit dagger build. Because of so many hits it will work great with flasks as they recharge faster thanks to all those crits.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
So I just re did my passives to what I thought would work well with this skill, I am having a tough time though figuring out what nodes will actually help it out. I learned that increased phys damage support gem is not working, so what support gems and what nodes do I need to focus on? Does the game use projectiles bonuses instead of melee?
i could find an explicit statement about this (maybe i just missed it?) so i have to ask this probably stupid question:

what kind of damage deals spectral throw?

i'm assuming it's pysical, because physical damage nodes effect the skill, right?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
Spectral Throw uses:

Skill Nodes:
-Physical damage
-2H physical
-1H physical
-Weapon specific physical - (Axe, Sword, Dagger, Claw, Mace)
-Projectile damage/speed nodes
-Iron Grip
-Point Blank

it Doesn't use anything with "melee" in it.

Support Skills:
- Faster attacks
- Faster projectiles
- Slower projectiles
- Lesser Multiple Pr
- Greater Multiple pr
- Added fire/cold/chaos
- Weapon Ele dmg

Auras:
- Hatred
- Anger
- Haste

Last edited by ganjarak on Oct 24, 2013, 11:15:30 AM
"
Tandimonium wrote:
So I just re did my passives to what I thought would work well with this skill, I am having a tough time though figuring out what nodes will actually help it out. I learned that increased phys damage support gem is not working, so what support gems and what nodes do I need to focus on? Does the game use projectiles bonuses instead of melee?

Spectral throw benefits from Increased Physical Damage, Projectile Damage, and Strength with Iron Grip. It does NOT benefit from Increased Melee Physical Damage. Also, skills like Added Fire Damage and Hatred would increase Spectral Throws damage.

Passive-wise, it's all about the wording as well:
1) +10% Increased Melee Physical Damage << Won't work.
2) +10% Increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons << Will work.

Anything specifically stating "Melee damage" will not improve it.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
llama wrote:
Does melee weapon range (like arena master passive or daressos unique) increase the hitbox of the thrown weapon? Thanks for your help, might be a dev question.
The base range of the weapon affects the projectile's size, but bonuses to melee range from passives etc do not, as it is not being used in melee.

Do area of effect bonuses affect the projectile size?
Has anyone tested how critical hits work with Spectral Throw?

If a weapon is thrown once:
1) Does only the very first hit crit?
2) If the first hit crits, does every hit during the duration of the throw crit?
3) Is crit chance tested against for every hit throughout the duration of the throw? (ie. 1st hit crits, 2nd doesn't, 3rd doesn't, 4th does, 5th doesn't, etc)

I realize this could be very difficult to test, but basically I'm bored of Resolute Technique and would like to try a crit-based Spectral Throw build. However, it will depend on how crits act with the skill.

Thanks so much for the help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info