Spectral Throw

"

Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Greater Multiple Projectiles are effective on Spectral Throw, and enemies can be hit by more than one projectile in the same salvo. However, the 0.3 cooldown on hits is applied per attack, not per projectile, which means that it is not possible to "shotgun" enemies as with e.g. Freezing Pulse.

This needs clarification.
Hateful post.
It means Spectral Throw cannot hit more often than once every 0.3 seconds, even if the monster is colliding with five projectiles.
I just want to say that Spectral Throw is a fun skill to use. More fun than any other skill in the game. Nothing to do with the opinions on whether it is powerful or not, but it has that essential engaging thinking and reactions that most other skills does not. How much damage can be done, is based on positioning, depending on the end path of the Spectral Throw. It returns, so it is a fluid skill, which can do damage on movement. Some damage is delayed, so you have to make snap decisions to conserve mana. The return is directly towards the character, so you can influence it's pathing to hit others.

Comparison with other skills which doesn't allow for nearly as much involvement after hitting the skill key, Spectral throw is overwhelmingly more...fun. There really isn't another word for it. Other skills need to have this element as well. Most skills, you just position/aim and hit the skill button, with no further interactions. The nearest equivalent to the appealing aspects of Spectral Throw would be Traps and Mines and perhaps Viper Strike, but all of those are missing some vital aspect to make it more fun to use, the element of that you have influence over the usage of the skill, that can be called "skillful" and situational and usage can be versatile.

TL:DR Spectral Throw is fun because it is engaging and smooth and less about numbers than how you use it. Needs more skills like this. Congratulations.

Nerf it... Not to balance the game. But to stop 95% of people using the same skill.

Path of Spectral throw at the moment. If i wanted to play a game where everyone was running the same skill i would go play Diablo 3.
Since when are 95% of people using the same skill? Give me a break.
"
Shidiwen1990 wrote:
Nerf it... Not to balance the game. But to stop 95% of people using the same skill.

Path of Spectral throw at the moment. If i wanted to play a game where everyone was running the same skill i would go play Diablo 3.

Chill its new skill, people will not use it that much later on. its like new class or new race in Wow, everyone wants to try it out play it out and then later it settles out.
Edit: nvm. 100% pierce chance negates fork/chain.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Nov 3, 2013, 10:01:50 PM
I'm a little surprised that it hasn't been brought up yet. Why doesn't Ranged Attack Totem work with Spectral Throw? Is this an oversight or is it deliberate? Out of curiosity, I also tried linking with Spell Totem but that didn't work either. Logically, there's no reason why Ranged Attack Totem shouldn't work, it's a projectile, it's an attack...

I can imagine this allowing for more variety in the game.
Last edited by BlueZephyr on Nov 4, 2013, 8:44:44 AM
Check the description. RAT explicitly does not work with Melee Weapons.
I joined the beta of PoE 2 years ago and for 2 years I tried to like this game.
Desync and poor gameplay always pushed me away.

I like playing melee chars but IMHO the melee experience is abysmal in this game.
I restarted playing at release with a scion and made her a tanky melee (infernal blow / sweep) in spite of ST being the default gem and I predictably hated it.

I then gave a last chance to the game and rerolled a ranger with ST.
That was the thing.

ST lets me have my melee char but the AoE attack lets me disregard all the desync issues.
I can use my melee abilities but fallback on ST when things go down the drain.

I really like ST and I can't see why people are saying it's OP... the summoner witch that my friend is using can kill things as fast as I can and at the same time have an army of minions to protect her. I really can't see the issue.

At the moment this is the only attack I like in the whole game...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info