'supporter' titles: gimmick or money grab?

"
Josephoenix wrote:
the titles come from purchasing a "supporter pack". If you don't buy a pack... you don't get the title. That was your choice. You can always change your mind... But atm you decided you do not want a title.

However, this thread may do something for future pt purchasers...doubt it, but it is possible. But the CB/OB Packs come with a title. Pt purchases do not. That is the current status.

well at least in CB you had a pack that had just points... no pet/visuals bs that I wont use...

I guess then my title has an answer.. titles are both money grab an a gimmick.. because you can donate a lot of money and never get any recognition for it... even with a simple forum title
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

is it so unreasonable to ask for just the 'open beta supporter' tile after donating $60 bucks? holy shit

If you are expecting to get 600 points and the supporter title for 60 bucks, then yes, it's unreasonable.

elaborate?
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Josephoenix wrote:
the titles come from purchasing a "supporter pack". If you don't buy a pack... you don't get the title. That was your choice. You can always change your mind... But atm you decided you do not want a title.

However, this thread may do something for future pt purchasers...doubt it, but it is possible. But the CB/OB Packs come with a title. Pt purchases do not. That is the current status.

well at least in CB you had a pack that had just points... no pet/visuals bs that I wont use...

I guess then my title has an answer.. titles are both money grab an a gimmick.. because you can donate a lot of money and never get any recognition for it... even with a simple forum title

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/22/dark-souls-2-collector-edition-pre-orders-live-prepare-to-be-br/

I only wantz the dollz can i not pay for the gamez plz??

Well that what is your mentality.

Also to consider a(YOU SAID IT,not me)Donation a money grab,shows your mentalituy even more
Bye bye desync!
And another one bites the dust. Entitlement at it's finest folks.
Man_Mode
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

is it so unreasonable to ask for just the 'open beta supporter' tile after donating $60 bucks? holy shit

If you are expecting to get 600 points and the supporter title for 60 bucks, then yes, it's unreasonable.

elaborate?

The supporter title has a cost, it's 50 points. So you would get 650 points worth of stuff for 60 dollars, which would be unfair to other customers.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Of course it's a money grab, a gimmick or what have you. They need this money to make the game work. If people don't donate, the development of the game will suffer.

I mean, how do you think they pay the devs?
You can't buy stuff from the packs piecemeal. It has basically always been this way. There is nothing screwing you over about this. You say the stuff is gimmicky and a money grab, but you sure seem dead set on getting that supporter title.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I will elaborate for him since you don't understand. Let us start with defining a term. The term I am talking about is "pack". Pack means a collection of items TOGETHER.

Now that that is out of they way, did you buy a supporter pack? No.
Did you buy something else? Yes.
Do you feel ENTITLED to parts of previously said pack for your purchases of other things? Yes.

Did you buy the pack? No.

YOU DON'T GET WHAT'S IN THE PACK. Jesus christ. Is there a more simple way of explaining if you don't buy it, you cant fucking have it.
ign: Vixien
Last edited by vixien on Oct 13, 2013, 6:38:40 PM
"
vixien wrote:
I will elaborate for him since you don't understand. Let us start with defining a term. The term I am talking about is "pack". Pack means a collection of items TOGETHER.

Now that that is out of they way, did you buy a supporter pack? No.
Did you buy something else? Yes.
Do you feel ENTITLED to parts of previously said pack for your purchases of other things? Yes.

Did you buy the pack? No.

YOU DON'T GET WHAT'S IN THE PACK. Jesus christ. Is there a more simple way of explaining if you don't buy it, you cant fucking have it.

I do not want a pack... or any of its contents... I just asked for a recognition as I wanted to spend money on their game an asked for the recognition that they give to people that give them half the money I wanted to ... and again what upset me is their pitch to overcharge me for their packs (which I did not want it the first place... very generic support if you ask me)

Last edited by AintCare on Oct 13, 2013, 6:43:38 PM
You don't understand the title IS the contents of the package. They go together. They don't sell titles separately. The title is in the pack. If you want the title, you buy the pack.

It has nothing to do with who has spent more money. It is purely, If you want the title, buy the pack.
ign: Vixien

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info