'supporter' titles: gimmick or money grab?

"
AintCare wrote:

and I like how everyone missed the main point that supporter titles do not mean shit... if I buy 10 $20 packs I will not receive any recognition as 'supporter'..

That's because the forum title 'supporter' recognizes that you bought one of the supporter packs in the shop.

It does not mean you bought only points.

I like how you missed that point, on purpose it would seem.

Look at me... no title and yet I have bought $20 of points 3 times (maybe 4.. don't remember).

I did it that way because I wanted points and none of the other stuff.

If you want the other stuff.. buy it.
Last edited by Qiox on Oct 13, 2013, 6:05:35 PM
It's marketing bro. The supporter titles serve as an incentive to spend more money at one go. Also you should've told the support guy that you already have the OST.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Qiox wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

and I like how everyone missed the main point that supporter titles do not mean shit... if I buy 10 $20 packs I will not receive any recognition as 'supporter'..

That's because the forum title 'supporter' recognizes that you bought one of the supporter packs in the shop.

no I have not, however I thought it would be reasonable if I received such recognition after donating double the cost of the pack that offers such title... that part was not the part that change my mind about donating.. it was the fact that tried to overcharge me on the packs.. twice!
I upgraded several previous purchases to a Divine pack no more than an hour ago. Was a simple process and had zero issues.
Man_Mode
Lol? I got my supporter title by asking GGG if they could merge my seperate point packs.

Looks like you did something wrong.
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

no I have not, however I thought it would be reasonable if I received such recognition after donating double the cost of the pack that offers such title... that part was not the part that change my mind about donating.. it was the fact that tried to overcharge me on the packs.. twice!

I did take quite a few posts for you to make it clear where the extra 50 pts was coming from. Is it really a money grab on their part or can you maybe now see that it could have just been a misunderstanding?

It looks like a clearly worded support request should be able to get you exactly what you want.
Last edited by Qiox on Oct 13, 2013, 6:10:12 PM
@OP
I have given individual packs.And i am considering going regal now if i find the money till 23.

Still,title means nothing,i dont take it for the title,i take it for the support that can come with it.On top of it you get the regal effect on weapons which is neat and that rhoa.Consider it as a bonus.

Have you played the game more than a month and enjoyed it?Why not pay to support it also and get the best out of it later on?Why not i say?

And also,GGG has answered both of your tickets.May you also tell us how fast they did to answer you that?You will see that a company so small answering your tickets fast(i presume since that is the case with me and others in forums)you see why all this money goes somewhere they care,not just other companys which in they would reply in 7 or more days.

So in short.Yes.Title is a gimmick.No,its not money wasted on title,but money spend on a good game to progress to their dream game
Bye bye desync!
"
Qiox wrote:

I did take quite a few posts for you to make it clear where the extra 50 pts was coming from. Is it really a money grab on their part or can you maybe now see that it could have just been a misunderstanding?

It looks like a clearly worded support request should be able to get you exactly what you want.

no the supporter pack was never in my interest... if you read my post it would be clear to you...

I don;t want the extra shit (pet and visuals, i will never use them) all I asked for was recognition after donating double the cost of the pack that offers the title... an what oushe me away was their attempts to force me into buying these packs, and even charging me more money for them
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you were upset by this. The Open Beta Pack contains 200 points + $10 worth of merchandise. We are only able to credit points towards a pack upgrade. It means that if you have already purchased the same amount of points that are contained in a pack, you do not need to purchase them again to gain the other perks of the pack.

200 points are valued at $20USD
Remaining perks in the pack = $10USD
100 points $10USD
You would also receive 50 points for the soundtrack.

We can only credit your 200 points to the Open Beta Pack as it only contains 200 points. If we were to throw in another 100 points onto the pack this would be unfair to other players who had purchased the standard pack that only contains 200 points.

It essentially acts as if you had purchased an Open Beta Pack for $30USD with 200 points and the other perks, and also purchased a $10 points pack. The value is the same. I hope this helps to clear up any misunderstandings we may have.

I'm sorry that we are not able to separate the forum titles from the rest of the perks of the pack. I will be sure to pass this idea on, however, and see if we can have it implemented for future.

Again, I'm really sorry that you were upset by the way the situation was handled. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you were upset by this. The Open Beta Pack contains 200 points + $10 worth of merchandise. We are only able to credit points towards a pack upgrade. It means that if you have already purchased the same amount of points that are contained in a pack, you do not need to purchase them again to gain the other perks of the pack.

200 points are valued at $20USD
Remaining perks in the pack = $10USD
100 points $10USD
You would also receive 50 points for the soundtrack.

We can only credit your 200 points to the Open Beta Pack as it only contains 200 points. If we were to throw in another 100 points onto the pack this would be unfair to other players who had purchased the standard pack that only contains 200 points.

It essentially acts as if you had purchased an Open Beta Pack for $30USD with 200 points and the other perks, and also purchased a $10 points pack. The value is the same. I hope this helps to clear up any misunderstandings we may have.

Again, I'm really sorry that you were upset by the way the situation was handled. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know.

again:

I don;t want the extra shit (pet and visuals, i will never use them) all I asked for was recognition after donating double the cost of the pack that offers the title... an what pushed me away was their attempts to force me into buying these packs, and even charging me more money for them

is it so unreasonable to ask for just the 'open beta supporter' tile after donating $60 bucks? holy shit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info