'supporter' titles: gimmick or money grab?

If I wanted to give something, I wouldn't expect any return. If I want to buy something, I will bought only things I do need or expected.
If you want the title, buy the pack? I don't go to walmart and open a box of mix donuts and say I bought bread earlier. NO other company lets you use money you have already spent on something else they have. I really don't see how people always find a way to complain.

Edit to match your previous post: "holy shit" is it not unreasonable to think if I want something from 'A' and I buy 'B', i don't get 'A'. You bought points, not a pack. If want something from a pack, then buy the pack ffs.
ign: Vixien
Last edited by vixien on Oct 13, 2013, 6:25:11 PM
the titles come from purchasing a "supporter pack". If you don't buy a pack... you don't get the title. That was your choice. You can always change your mind... But atm you decided you do not want a title.

However, this thread may do something for future pt purchasers...doubt it, but it is possible. But the CB/OB Packs come with a title. Pt purchases do not. That is the current status.
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you were upset by this. The Open Beta Pack contains 200 points + $10 worth of merchandise. We are only able to credit points towards a pack upgrade. It means that if you have already purchased the same amount of points that are contained in a pack, you do not need to purchase them again to gain the other perks of the pack.

200 points are valued at $20USD
Remaining perks in the pack = $10USD
100 points $10USD
You would also receive 50 points for the soundtrack.

We can only credit your 200 points to the Open Beta Pack as it only contains 200 points. If we were to throw in another 100 points onto the pack this would be unfair to other players who had purchased the standard pack that only contains 200 points.

It essentially acts as if you had purchased an Open Beta Pack for $30USD with 200 points and the other perks, and also purchased a $10 points pack. The value is the same. I hope this helps to clear up any misunderstandings we may have.

Again, I'm really sorry that you were upset by the way the situation was handled. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know.

again:

I don;t want the extra shit (pet and visuals, i will never use them) all I asked for was recognition after donating double the cost of the pack that offers the title... an what pushed me away was their attempts to force me into buying these packs, and even charging me more money for them

is it so unreasonable to ask for just the 'open beta supporter' tile after donating $60 bucks? holy shit

I guess it must be really hard for you to comprehend that TITLES are ONLY coming with supporter packs. It's how it's done. No you can't do it your way. It's their rules and if you want their stuff, be it titles or any other shit, you follow the their rules.

You know what I got from all of this about your personality? You are very entitled person who thinks that everyone owns you and everything should be possible to do your way. That's not how the world works, kid. Learn it or you'll have much trouble carrying on with your life.

Also, noone pushed you. You asked the possibilities and you were given an answer for your question. Judging by your post history you're just a miserable hater and a fat troll.
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Oct 13, 2013, 6:26:03 PM
"
vixien wrote:
If you want the title, buy the pack? I don't go to walmart and open a box of mix donuts and say I bought bread earlier. NO other company lets you use money you have already spent on something else they have. I really don't see how people always find a way to complain.

QFGDMFT
Man_Mode
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you were upset by this. The Open Beta Pack contains 200 points + $10 worth of merchandise. We are only able to credit points towards a pack upgrade. It means that if you have already purchased the same amount of points that are contained in a pack, you do not need to purchase them again to gain the other perks of the pack.

100 points $10USD

We can only credit your 200 points to the Open Beta Pack as it only contains 200 points. If we were to throw in another 100 points onto the pack this would be unfair to other players who had purchased the standard pack that only contains 200 points.

It essentially acts as if you had purchased an Open Beta Pack for $30USD with 200 points and the other perks, and also purchased a $10 points pack. The value is the same. I hope this helps to clear up any misunderstandings we may have.

Again, I'm really sorry that you were upset by the way the situation was handled. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know.

again:

I don;t want the extra shit (pet and visuals, i will never use them) all I asked for was recognition after donating double the cost of the pack that offers the title... an what pushed me away was their attempts to force me into buying these packs, and even charging me more money for them

is it so unreasonable to ask for just the 'open beta supporter' tile after donating $60 bucks? holy shit

Mate,who "pushed you " into buying?I think you are just trolling us now.You either buy it or dont,they didnt claim that they will delete your account if you dont pay,thats a push.And actually with your behaviour thats what i would do:P
Bye bye desync!
@AintCare

You should be happy they are even letting you put points toward a pack. I can't even put 2,000 points towards the Exalted pack :/

I think you're getting a bro deal!
I don't see the problem. The structure is indeed designed to maximize sales. GGG isn't being malicious however, this is how they fund the game.

I'd suggest looking at supporter packs as donations with consolation rather than real value.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey there,

100 points $10USD

again:

I find it very interesting that you decided to delete a key part of her post.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I'm sorry that we are not able to separate the forum titles from the rest of the perks of the pack. I will be sure to pass this idea on, however, and see if we can have it implemented for future.

Also it's not unreasonable to ask, and she will pass it on. I also don't find it unreasonable for them to say no. It's their product, they can decide what is best.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
AintCare wrote:

If you are expecting to get 600 points and the supporter title for 60 bucks, then yes, it's unreasonable.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info