[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

@ eugenez
It's definitely an option, i too like the AW totem and it is a good way to ease difficult boss fights

@Siniwoot
I'd say marohi

@Bizze79
To be honest vengeance doesn't have a big impact so feel free to get rid of it if you have more useful things to put instead.

As for gem swapping - i hate gem swapping as well, and the only time when i do this is vs Atziri because of the damage reflecting mirror-holding clone of her in the split phase.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I failed at my first Atziri attempt yesterday... The trio killed me twice and Atziri herself the rest of the time - but I'm so rusty I probably did things in the wrong order, plus flickering around Atziri is not a good way of avoiding AoE damage. I should really just have swapped gems. A big problem was that my DPS was not enough to kill her adds reliably, so she got lots of health back as well.

I'm playing in Essence League though and had a 440 pDPS weapon and a 5-link chest and resistances barely capped.

I decided to buy the gems for the Ancestral Warchief and it's a BIG difference for me in clearing stronger mobs. I have yet to try Atziri again (which is basically the only map so far I've died), but a Warchief tooltip DPS of 40k with lvl 1 gems seems pretty promising to me... =)

I also got a 500 pDPS weapon.

One way or the other, the bitch is going down. =)
@Bizze79

The weapon you got is really nice, would say slap her hard :P

What I think about your gear is, that you have alot of Mana leech on nearly every item you wear.
Isn´t that a bit to much and takes away more effective stats your items could have?

I only need poachers mark and one ring with mana leech to stay at full mana all the time.

Greetings
Yeah, thanks for your comments!

Especially thanks for the tip about mana leech not being needed for more than one item. I guess I got a bit paranoid about that mana leech early on... I had a few issues during early game when I got surrounded with no Frenzy charges and needed to Leap Slam several times to get free of the mobs, but that was probably before I included Blasphemy (When I bought the gem from the vendor its level and thus Int requirement was higher than I could get at the time). My Enlighten gem is also still lvl 1, so that + running an unsupported Leap Slam now should also help a bit with mana issues.

Regarding my jewelry, I bought most of it within days of the league's start, when the items were cheap but maybe not as highly rolled as they will eventually be. There is definitely room for improvement and now I know I can keep leech on just a single item. =)

It's just a hassle to begin this upgrade process, because if I switch out only ONE of those items I probably need to balance the resistances around with the other pieces. This means a bigger investment and this league I'm trying to reach for that Taste of Hate flask before it becomes too expensive. I feel I'm almost half-way there with the currency I currently have amassed.

So right now I'm trying to progress through maps and once I reach lvl 88 (tonight I hope) I'll give Atziri a try again. The Warchief should add a ton of dmg and also let me inflict damage while treading carefully around those blast circles. I just worry about the singleton life flask the build uses... =\

I've actually only defeated Atziri a handful of times before in a previous league, so I have lots of end game stuff to look forward to if this build (and my playing skill) holds up. =)
Hey guys,

Since I beheaded most of the bosses I am now looking forward to try out the giant purple Dild... erhm I mean the mighty sword "Starforge". Still I am not sure which support gems I should use on it. Going crit would be the "easiest" way aroudn that issue but if we stay RT, and therefore inside this build-idea, I am at least one gem short for a 6 link.

Flicker + Multi + Meleephys + Fortify... + Faster attacks and Poison? Drop bloodrage for Melee phys dmg on ful life? Get some totem make the enemy bleed for bloodlust?

It seems quite frustrating to get starforge into a convinient RT flicker build since we have to drop multiple Element dmg-sources which were quite mandatory before (like Hatred and Added Fire Dmg).

Can we even make up for it?
"
Ezrael49 wrote:

In my opinion - not really.
Even crit wouldn't really make up for it, considering that the sword's crit chance is as low as they go.
Poison is the logical choice for a 6th link if you ask me though without proper support a poison gem is barely noticeable in my experience.

I know that it is not a popular opinion, but i think that the price of the starforge sword will drop very hard in the near future. I get why people are so excited about it - it's a new item, it look cool, it has big numbers on it, it's a Shaper only drop ... so i get the hype ... but when you put that hype aside it seems to me that the sword is indeed nice, but nothing crazy ... and it is not even better than a certain already existing weapon.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
Ezrael49 wrote:

In my opinion - not really.

Yeah thats what I thought. Most builds revelign around Starforge either make a crit assasin out of it (which can also work for flicker but hey - different build) or use it for cleave/lacerate with a slayer.

To make it work with a RT flicker we would need better alternatives for the lost elemental damage. And poison just doesnt work out well with our plan to burst down the enemy in as few hits as possible.

I will still try to test it once I get the needed currency. The sheer numbers simply make me drool, as well as the extra defensife potential of another +100 life and more mana left for arctic armor.
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Yeah, thanks for your comments!

Especially thanks for the tip about mana leech not being needed for more than one item. I guess I got a bit paranoid about that mana leech early on... I had a few issues during early game when I got surrounded with no Frenzy charges and needed to Leap Slam several times to get free of the mobs, but that was probably before I included Blasphemy (When I bought the gem from the vendor its level and thus Int requirement was higher than I could get at the time). My Enlighten gem is also still lvl 1, so that + running an unsupported Leap Slam now should also help a bit with mana issues.

Regarding my jewelry, I bought most of it within days of the league's start, when the items were cheap but maybe not as highly rolled as they will eventually be. There is definitely room for improvement and now I know I can keep leech on just a single item. =)

It's just a hassle to begin this upgrade process, because if I switch out only ONE of those items I probably need to balance the resistances around with the other pieces. This means a bigger investment and this league I'm trying to reach for that Taste of Hate flask before it becomes too expensive. I feel I'm almost half-way there with the currency I currently have amassed.

So right now I'm trying to progress through maps and once I reach lvl 88 (tonight I hope) I'll give Atziri a try again. The Warchief should add a ton of dmg and also let me inflict damage while treading carefully around those blast circles. I just worry about the singleton life flask the build uses... =\

I've actually only defeated Atziri a handful of times before in a previous league, so I have lots of end game stuff to look forward to if this build (and my playing skill) holds up. =)

Have fun! I find it helpful for tough bosses and I tried 5L cyclone but it felt pretty lackluster. I just like the fact that I have a second alternative which continues to damage the boss while I run around and try to regain my frenzy charges via Frenzy. It's quite strong too. I'm at 90+k dps (on concentrated effect and lvl 16 Ancestral Warchief). That almost doubles when I trigger all 3 flasks (Atziri Promise, Taste of Hate, Lion's Roar).
How you see remove vengeance totlly and get a proper 6l on frency for single target battles of just to have something with a lot of damage?u tried?Or just can u think something better than vengeance any combo 4 links ?Thanks
Last edited by lordkeiser on Sep 21, 2016, 1:53:15 PM
Well that's definitely a good option. Another one would be ancestral warchief setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info