[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Had a little fun with the new boss of the Crematorium, didn't know that this boss regenerates life, was running this map with Enfeeble curse, I thought not a big deal will just take a while longer to kill things but this boss regenerate life fast, took a while but I got him down. Do not run this map with Enfeeble.

So far haven't faced any boss that I couldn't take down easily, the Gorge boss is though but if you go prepared he should not be an issue. Will be jumping to red maps soon so I am expecting the challenge to go up as well, will see.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Hi, i wantd to give a 2h sword spec a try this league was doing cyclone but been there done that so was looking for new skill i haven't used found this guide my problem is if i run hatred blashemy and poachers i dont have any mana do i need to run blood magic on flicker or on blashemy

I'm lvl 72 slayer my flicker is at 4k dmg my cyclone was at 23k

Last edited by hedpe666 on Sep 8, 2016, 8:06:50 PM
Well why your poacher's mark and blasphemy is linked to increased duration!?! That increases the reserve cost of it ... hell the increased duration support gem has 140% mana multiplier! Get rid of it ASAP and you are good to go ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
lol jeez cant believe i missed that had enduring cry linked with it thanks so much was already lovin the spec amazing clear speed haven't gotten past a tier 5 yet as none have dropped but so far just melting everything thanks again
Hello together, I really enjoy this build but having kinda problems with the map bosses sometimes because I still take to much damange. You can check my Gear on my character page if you have any tipps for me, I would appreciate these.

But what I wanted to say:
Spoiler
when I saw the new weapon that the Shaper can drop:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Starforge

I really thought this would be really awesome with this Flicker build, even if you have to change Added Fire Damage and Hatred to non elemental stuff.

700 Max Physical Damage is just awesome.

But is this build able to beat the Shaper that we will need to find out :D
Last edited by Kenjinou on Sep 9, 2016, 4:23:05 PM
Hello!
Thanks for the awesome guide! After become bored with bladefall+poison mines from last league, i decide to try Slayer+flicker strike, and have a blast with it.
Question to TS: since this build (with my gear) have a decent amount of life leech, any opinion about grabbing a Vaal pact passive?
@Kenjinou
Well the problem that i see with the weapon is that there isn't really a gem to replace added fire damage as for hatred i guess you can do a defensive aura ( determination for example ) and i'm not really sure if the very high physical damage of the sword will compensate for that... though i do want to try it out before i can say anything definitively

@lynx_gnt
Vaal Pact means no life regeneration, and no life regeneration means terrible experience with blood rage. Besides, the slayer's Endless Hunger makes regular leech great, so there is not need for VP in my opinion.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Just wanted to share an idea with everyone. Ancestral Warchief is pretty OP this league, and I have always felt the single-target/boss experience with this build is slightly clunky if you dont one shot them with flicker. Went with the gem set-up below which utilizes a 5L Ancestral Warchief and Vaal Haste for bosses. I still kept frenzy as a back-up, but I haven't really had to use it much. The Ancestral Warchief combined with a 7 FC flicker strike usually downs the bosses very quickly. No change to tree whatsoever.

Which is better: Marohi Erqi or Kongor's Undying Rage?
"
eugenez wrote:
Just wanted to share an idea with everyone. Ancestral Warchief is pretty OP this league, and I have always felt the single-target/boss experience with this build is slightly clunky if you dont one shot them with flicker. Went with the gem set-up below which utilizes a 5L Ancestral Warchief and Vaal Haste for bosses. I still kept frenzy as a back-up, but I haven't really had to use it much. The Ancestral Warchief combined with a 7 FC flicker strike usually downs the bosses very quickly. No change to tree whatsoever.

I think your points are interesting. I have been following the OP's guide so far and it's going really well - but I have yet to try out the more demanding bosses such as Atziri and higher tier maps. Even though it seems easy in Korgoth's videos, I don't really fancy the gem swapping mid-fights. Maybe it can be learned and is easy, but if you have found a superior strategy it might be interesting to exploit.

What about the life gain from Vengeance + LoH you are missing? Is it noticeable? Could you describe your higher content experiences?

It would also be very interesting to hear Korgoth's comment to your build. I'm looking forward to that! =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info