[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Well it has a ridiculously high physical damage, but the fact that you can't benefit from added fire damage and hatred is concerning in my opinion.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 5, 2016, 3:28:30 AM
Will this The Warden's Brand Iron Ring work for this build?

Or wil the 30 % reduced attack speed be to much of a downfall?
Well the huge attack speed reduction + the complete lack of life and resists + the fact that flat physical ( from jewelry ) for this build is nice but not mandatory ( unlike Facebreaker builds for example ) makes the ring pretty ... well ... useless in my opinion.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi! Old veteran here.

I just wanted to come in and say thanks for this amazing guide!

I've been away from the game for a year or so and there seems to be tons of new content for me to experience and understand. After watching ZiggyD recommending a set of starter builds in the Atlas of Worlds league, I thought "Meh, these builds are what all the other kids will run now - I need to do something else or I will just fight for the exact same gear as them".

The only thing I could remember not trying before in PoE (because of cost constraints at the time) was Flicker Strike, so that's when I started scouring the Forums and found this guide.

So, I started and leveled with Cleave until someplace in Cruel where I finally started Flickering. It has been extremely fun so far - and managed to get all the way to Merciless with only dying once - and with only self-found gear to boot (Found a Marohi Erqi in Act 4 Cruel). Having this kind of fluid experience with only a couple of 3- or 4-link items has been a rare PoE experience for me.

My only concern right now is the Int requirements of Hatred and Blasphemy. I cannot even equip Blasphemy right now (bought it when it was lvl 8 already) so I'm running without Poacher's Mark and sipping my Mana flask from time to time - but STILL the Flickering works - even though I have to stop sometimes to get more Frenzy charges (I don't have Blood Dance either). Getting the Int covered while still having OK jewelry and other items will probably be tough, but I can't wait to try it out.

I really hope it holds together for the later game - especially once I get some upgrades - because it would be cool to discover the league's new content and maybe try Uber Atziri, which I've never done before.

So far the only area I've skipped is the Cruel Lord's Labyrinth, because I died to that mini-boss twice in a row and I didn't wanna spend too much time trying to progress since the real boss would probably be just as tough. But I plan to come back when I'm better geared for some sweet revenge!

So, again, thanks for a great guide and enjoyable build! =)

EDIT: I forgot my question: What's the most important stat or stats for the build when it comes to Daresso's Defiance?
Last edited by Bizze79 on Sep 5, 2016, 9:48:53 AM
"
Bizze79 wrote:

EDIT: I forgot my question: What's the most important stat or stats for the build when it comes to Daresso's Defiance?

I'm glad to read that you enjoy the build and guide so far ^^
As for the Daresso's Defiance - Life > increased armour and evasion > life leech
How to deal with Hexproof mob?
Daresso's Defiance the only source of Endurance charges?
Last edited by OrKToS on Sep 6, 2016, 7:35:27 AM
daresso's defiance is the only source you need but you can always incorporate enduring cry if you feel like there is a need for that.
Hexproof i'd suggest rerolling unless you already have some mana leech and you wear blood dance(or have enough damage to be able to sustain charges with just blood rage )
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 6, 2016, 8:24:35 AM
Hi, I'm a new player here, and I was wondering which two handed weapon I should use? Are one or two better as far as end game practical options than others?
Atziri's Disfavor Vaal Axe
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Atziri's Disfavor Vaal Axe

Ok, thanks. I look forward to playing around with this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info