[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Got my 6l Disfavour now. What do you think about Empower instead of faster attacks? With lvl 4 empower you would have a lvl 25 Flicker Strike. Someone tested it?
The difference between level 20 and level 25 flicker strike is extra 8% base damage which isn't much.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How do you do to kill strong bosses? It's imposible to me kill Terrace boss. I don't have frenzy charges in order to uses flicker strike.
Well for the boss fights you must pretty much do the following 2 steps :

Step 1
Flicker strike until you kill the boss ( if you've run out of charges proceed to Step 2 )

Step 2
Attack the boss with your Frenzy attack to accumulate charges. Go back to Step 1

In some cases you won't need to get to step 2, in some cases you'll need to go back to step time once, twice, trice, etc. It all depends on your damage output, the boss, the map modifier etc.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 17, 2016, 1:56:29 PM
Question about Volatile Flameblood, was trying to find what type(s) of damage this mod is doing on the wiki but couldn't find what I was looking for. I think part the damage of this mod is based on the monster life so if you have a map mod with Monster Life + 60% then you will get a lot more damage.

I died once to Volatile Flameblood even though I had endurance charges and 6K hp, map had Monster Life + 60%, Vulnerability and additional lightning damage. Nowadays I pay attention to + % to monster life.

Also I would recommend using Headsman for Slayer, with it you can run reflect physical damage without worrying about a quick death, I don't even see my life dropping even when there is a lot of monsters in the screen.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
As far as i know the damage of the Volatile XXXXXXblood is (300 to 360)% of the main hand damage of the monster ( thus increases to that damage via map mods such as extra elemental damage apply to it ) all converted in the end to the type of the XXXXXX ( be it fire, cold or lightning ).
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 17, 2016, 3:16:00 PM
Hey guys,

I have been cracking my head lately about the upcoming update. And one thing that wasnt going off my mind was this: There seems to be a bigger emphasis on Boss Fights, which is quite the weak spot on flicker-strike builds.

Even though we dont know about possible changes to the skilltree/ascendancies yet I wanted to make sure my next flicker striker is ready for some serious boss-butt-kicking and want to hear your opinions on how to improve on this and how this built will be affected.

My thoughts went around more poison/bleeding stuff (Atziris Disfavor and dirty techniques?) to actually kill the bosses, switching to frenzy is another thing - even though standing still doesnt look appealing in the Hydra bossfight.
Any ideas to kill bosses we cant just nuke or get more survivability on arena fights (so no/less flasks involved)?

I mean, without the obvious options like godlike equipment since this is supposed to be realistic for league characters.
It's really hard for me to come up with a plan since we really don't know much about the new bosses. How hard do they hit? How easy it is to predict and dodge their attacks? How fast can you kill them? And honestly before knowing more i think that it won't really be any different than dealing with a high level boss or with atziri. It is possible that you'll need to swap in frenzy instead of flicker strike for more control over your character .. but other than that, until we know more i can't really speculate an further.
Hei KorgothBG first of all, awesome guide and build, been using ur builds alot in POE ! :)

1question regarding your tooltip attack per second you have 8.3 or something how do u manage that ? i mean i have good gear and same points as you but my max attack per second are like 2.89 with all charges up, any idea?

Dont know how to link my character infor but my ign are Plommetre and account name Johnleth if that helps :)
Well i'm absolutely sure that you have more ( seeing your gear and tree ). Maybe you are not looking at the right thing, maybe you are looking at your basic attack ( you should clock on the flicker strike icon in your character screen to see the flicker strike stats ... i'm sorry if you already know that .. but this won't be the first time that a player didn't know that )? Care to post a screenshot of your flicker strike in the character sheet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info