[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
I'm starting to think that you are just trying to be aggresive and mean... and that my friend is not cool(not reading is not cool too ;)

Thats so ironic, you are the one using a condescending tone here, not me. So now you became aggressive and all condescending, I suppose I can follow suit and not hold back what I really want to and should say.

First off, VP / reflect:

If you really killed yourself in one sequence with vaal pact and just 5k max physical on a dagger crit, you are doing something SERIOUSLY wrong or you are lying. Vs a single reflect situation, if you take 18% reflect per mob and after armor its down to 12% or so, you need 12% or more leech to never die. Now with maxed blood rage at 10% leech, even with those 2% leech missing, and assuming all hits are crits, you still wont die in one sequence of multistrike flicker with 3600 hp as you stated.

Yes, damage is taken before healing, and leech applied right after, but with 3700 life and 18% of 5000 you will never die in one hit, even with 0 armor. And even when hitting 10 targets with splash, the game processes each hit individually, not all at once. That is the whole point of going vaal pact on a life build (even ES but esp. life build since there is no regen out of combat like ES) ... to not die to reflect. Also, this RT build does tons more damage than that dagger build when it doesnt crit, so again it evens out. But this build doesnt have vaal pact, and the most you can leech is 3700 / 5 = ~ 750 life / second. So technically, this build has much more issues with reflect. (Also, this build has no block, the other build has close to 50% block which means blocking 50% of all reflect, that and the fact its vaal pact makes me question how you say you have more reflect issues on the other build)

As for IR / armor:

I think you have never faced really tough high level maps like extra dmg / boss dmg, vulnerability, extra ele and bosses like kole / oak / kraityn / spinecrack and stuff like rhoas / chargers / titty bitches with said mods, especially packs of tough modded blues / rares stacked on top of those map mods.

IR can get you an extra 5-6k armor and 8-9k armor on a granite ... with the boots, gloves, grace aura, and base / level up evasion rating you got. And determination and 90% armor / evasion you have from passive tree. I will not go into detail why armor is not in fact useless (regardless if small or big hits), people who play on tough maps know this exactly. Its the same reason why no one who is sane enough uses evasion on hc and just goes IR, grace, determination.

Evasion really isnt all that good, especially when you have just 30% (and its also an estimate) and it really doesnt help at all against reflect, since the genius devs decided to use your own accuracy against you. Which means with RT, you always get reflect damage even if you had 95% evasion.

The excuse of it being boring to cast endurance charges is simply not acceptable. With 5 endurance charges thats 20% physical reduction, stacked on top of what armor provides. Impressive for big packs, or singular big hits.

''Never been stunned'', with 3600hp and 5k armor ... wow let me know what hax you using please. That would mean you have never been hit even once by kole, piety, rhoas, chargers etc. You are amazing.

As for mana issues, you dont use BM because of mana issues as such but because of reserving 90-95% mana with 4 auras and not having enough left to complete even 1 sequence. If players with ES and no blood magic option, and 9-12 aps flicker and 2% mana leech (and the amazing effect of pay for 1, get 2 free of multistrike) have no issues with it, you wouldn't either if you had the available mana reserve. Alternatively, the mana on kill nodes will make this much much easier also.

Last edited by mvm199 on Sep 28, 2013, 9:56:17 PM
First off VP/reflect
The instant suicide from reflect in the dagger crit build is without Vaal Pact. You've ask "Why VP there and not here?" So naturaly the comparison was between the two builds both with no Vaal Pact because at some point the dagger build had no VP.

As for IR / armor
Well i've faced though mobs in high level maps with nasty mods.
It can get you 5-6k... sure it can get you even more depending on your items and passives. For me it gives around 3k. I'm doing fine without it.
Ofcourse you are right that with RT you can't evade reflect and since i've already said that reflect is the main problem then maybe IR would be a better choice. So perhaps this point is worth reevaluating.

As for the "Never been stunned" . Yes never been stunned. Usualy you flicker into a pack without them even noticing before they die. 95% of the melee attacks agains me are just empty swings in the air because my character is already elsewhere. The only exception is Bosses with flicker strike on high level map with nasty mods. But even then the stun duration is simply unnoticable.

As for the Endurance charges... i think that " if you really want them feel free to use the Enduring Cry" says it all...

Now for the mana. The CI builds have generaly bigger mana pool due to their initial position in the skill tree. The said mana per kill nodes are much closer to them than to me because the total 15 mana per kill from the nodes near to IR are not enough even with mana leech and mana flasks as a backup. The blood magic gem is worth it. Even with only Hatred and Determination the mana is still not enough.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 29, 2013, 5:41:03 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Now for the mana. The CI builds have generaly bigger mana pool due to their initial position in the skill tree. The said mana per kill nodes are much closer to them than to me because the total 15 mana per kill from the nodes near to IR are not enough even with mana leech and mana flasks as a backup. The blood magic gem is worth it. Even with only Hatred and Determination the mana is still not enough.

CI flicker builds dont really have a much bigger mana pool, not that it would make much of a difference because its all about how much auras with % you reserve. THey generally reserve 3 auras, and 2 of them % based. If you have just enough for a sequence, its enough. And they do it with much more than 7 aps, at 9 aps it becomes really important to add mana leech and MOK.

Also, I dont think you know how powerful 15 mana per kill with that high aps and splash is. If you really tried it, you would know. And sometimes 1 or 2% mana leech is all you need because of the mana refund glitch. You wouldnt have any mana issues if you decided to drop an aura and have enough mana for one sequence and then recoup it with leech / MOK
WEll i've tried and i did run out of mana from time to time... but i guess i can try again...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
The instant suicide from reflect in the dagger crit build is without Vaal Pact. You've ask "Why VP there and not here?" So naturaly the comparison was between the two builds both with no Vaal Pact because at some point the dagger build had no VP.

Yes, of course, thats what you meant. Right ... lol (if its because of while you were levelling, why would you even make a comparison? I am obviously talking about both at endgame, ie when dagger is with vaal pact)

Your crit build has vaal pact, ~50% block and more armor, and since your crit damage is really weak for a crit build, and due to the way vaal pact and leech works with reflect, you can never really die with it. This build would have much more issues, as I already explained. No block, evasion and RT = always eat reflect, higher damage on normal hits, very low armor, and a limit to how much you can leech.

"
mvm199 wrote:

Yes, of course, thats what you meant. Right ... lol (if its because of while you were levelling, why would you even make a comparison? I am obviously talking about both at endgame, ie when dagger is with vaal pact)

Why would i compare two builds without vaal pact? Really? If the first can't live without it and the other can and then you ask me why the first one has VP and the other does not? Are you really asking me why am i comparing them? And the dagger build had no VP up until level 78.
I give up... it's really hard to explain something to someone who clearly can't and don't want to listen to you. Constantly repeating the same over and over again. Go and find someone else to feed your fragile ego.
Thanks for the IR advice.
Thanks for the completely pointless comments in my facebreaker thread.
Thanks for the free bumps of all my threads(feel free to bump my trade threads aswell).
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 30, 2013, 2:59:32 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:

Why would i compare two builds without vaal pact? Really? If the first can't live without it and the other can and then you ask me why the first one has VP and the other does not? Are you really asking me why am i comparing them? And the dagger build had no VP up until level 78.
I give up... it's really hard to explain something to someone who clearly can't and don't want to listen to you. Constantly repeating the same over and over again. Go and find someone else to feed your fragile ego.
Thanks for the IR advice.
Thanks for the completely pointless comments in my facebreaker thread.
Thanks for the free bumps of all my threads(feel free to bump my trade threads aswell).

The instant suicide from reflect in the dagger crit build is without Vaal Pact. You've ask "Why VP there and not here?" So naturaly the comparison was between the two builds both with no Vaal Pact because at some point the dagger build had no VP. --> WELL, why would you tell me how your dagger build fared without VP when my point was why this build doesnt have VP like it does, because it has reflect issues? I am talking about both of them completed, when the dagger build statted vp in tree. OBVIOUSLY ... but maybe not so obvious to you? And besides, you cant get instant suicide on a high hp, average cc, very low base damage dagger flicker build with a low crit multi, high block, and decent armor.

lol dude, you just keep playing with words and twisting facts to your advantage. I'm outta this fail thread.
Last edited by mvm199 on Sep 30, 2013, 3:13:11 AM
"
mvm199 wrote:

lol dude, you just keep playing with words and twisting facts to your advantage. I'm outta this fail thread.

"
mvm199 wrote:

I'm outta this fail thread.

Finaly!
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:

"
mvm199 wrote:

I'm outta this fail thread.

Finaly!

lol you should been grateful i was the only one commenting on your pile of fail that cant do anything past tropical island maps,

bye
Last edited by mvm199 on Sep 30, 2013, 3:24:10 AM
I'm really glad that you comment without even trying/testing. Ofcourse you should know more about this build than the person who is playing it just by looking at it. Ofcourse you know better how far it can go and which maps it can clear. I'm in awe with your great theorypowers. Being around for a month and still having such immense knowledge(and amount of comments!)
I'm grateful for your divine blessing which is every post of yours oh glorious mvm199!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info