[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Thanks for the build ! Very nice and clean presentation ! Time to flicker ...
I recently used this guide to start my newest character. I have to say: The most fun I have ever had leveling a character! If you have some twink weapons it just doesn't even seem fair for the mobs.

3 days later and im level 70 and running lunaris and lower level maps pretty well though my gear is pretty bad. For the skill tree I switched to stopping at the dualist big leather and steel node then running along the bottom of the tree to grab diamond skin, the frenzy charge, and then Iron reflexes. Im at 76/77/70 resists 10k armour and 2k health so far...still feel so squisy when flicker stops but during flicker you are almost unhurtable.

Really fun build, and with a little more gear on my toon he should destroy maps. I cleared a 66 map in like 3 mins using only Flicker+Multi+Melee splash for damage. Its that strong. =)
Very well written guide and the build is awesome.
Very fast and fun leveling.
I actually used to have Tabula Rasa until 72.

Thx for sharing.
You don't really have problems with defense? How about boss fights?

Any chance for video?
"
kwagam wrote:
You don't really have problems with defense? How about boss fights?

Any chance for video?

The only bosses that cause trouble are the ones with flicker strike in high level maps, because every attack hits you and it's hard to fallback if you run out of frenzy charges and he's still alive. Most bosses die before you've run out of charges but if a boss is still alive - just leave him for a second kill a pack of monsters or even a single monster using frenzy, then go back and finish the boss, thats all.

Here's the thing about the defenses with this build/skill - due to the high attacks speed you'll be already somewhere else when a monster is trying to hit you/shoot you/cast a spell on you/charge at you etc. etc. So pretty much you won't take damage at all. The only mosters that can get to you are the ones with flicker strike, cold snap and ... well that's it i really can't think of anything else. Normal/magic/rare enemies with such attacks die right away so they are not a problem.

Unfortunately due to my old and slow PC i can't make and post a video, but if someone makes one using this build i'll be more than happy and i'll post it here(just like the Facebreaker build videos)
I've been streaming for a few days.. but yea.. my pc is really slow...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thank you for fast answer :)

I wanted to start new league with some bow build, prolly split arrow. But this one... sounds really funny to play and challenging in new league. Also I'm really bored of very tanky melee builds. Think will try it. And with 2h changes in 1.0.0 it can be even better.

Thx for sharing ;)

Are u using and offweapon? Maybe bow with frenzy/culling/item quality/item quantity would be nice? For finishing bosses and/or stacking frenzy at the begining from safe distance.
I don't use any offhand weapon at all. I'm really a lazy PoE (and aRPG in general) player. i don't like swaping weapons,skills, buffing every 10 seconds etc. etc.
BUT
Having a bow with frenzy is useful indeed.

And with 1.0.0 i have some ideas that will improve the build by alot. In terms of defenses i think the enduring cry+ molten shell+ cast upon damage taken would be very useful... and finaly... buffs without the need to cast them 5-6 times per minute!
And i'm not really sure if it will work.. but casting a spell(ice nova/cold snap) linked to life gain per hit linked to the cast upon taking damage support gem would be awesome

And ofcourse the buffs that 2h weapons will get...

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 18, 2013, 4:33:58 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I don't use any offhand weapon at all. I'm really a lazy PoE (and aRPG in general) player. i don't like swaping weapons,skills, buffing every 10 seconds etc. etc.
BUT
Having a bow with frenzy is useful indeed.

And with 1.0.0 i have some ideas that will improve the build by alot. In terms of defenses i think the enduring cry+ molten shell+ cast upon damage taken would be very useful... and finaly... buffs without the need to cast them 5-6 times per minute!
And i'm not really sure if it will work.. but casting a spell(ice nova/cold snap) linked to life gain per hit linked to the cast upon taking damage support gem would be awesome

And ofcourse the buffs that 2h weapons will get...

no, LGOH only works with attacks, except cybil's paw mod
"
mvm199 wrote:

no, LGOH only works with attacks, except cybil's paw mod

Yes, that's true my mistake... well i guess i'll link life leech for... more life leech in that case... not that it will be very signifiant... i'll explore the possibilities when 1.0.0 comes out ofcourse
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 18, 2013, 6:41:35 AM
Can someone explain me how blood magic works for blood rage ?
And PS, maybe im wrong, but i find out that frenzy +multistrike+blood magic works better with lower gear (not for bosses, for scary situations)
ING ; cg_zik
Last edited by lukasz578pl on Oct 19, 2013, 10:53:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info