[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

New avatars and web design hype :)

Also looks like some Ascendancy classes have received some changes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/46i2am/changes_to_ascendancy_trees/

Notably, Berserker gets 40% more damage instead of just 100% increased attack damage.

It appears Slayer is unchanged, Champion got a boost on his Taunt, and Gladiator is also unchanged.
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Feb 19, 2016, 10:28:35 AM
Hi - I made it to level 71 in Talisman softcore fairly easily, and then got _stomped_ by Daresso in Merciless. I am a bit concerned about taking a shot at Malachai at this point. Maybe my gear is terrible. Would you suggest shifting to a more defense-oriented setup?
I have no idea what your gear is so I can't comment at this point :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Fair point! It's pretty lousy.

Well you need to make .. a lot of upgrades. Yo are seriously undergeared for act 4 merciless. Furthermore i must point out that the first couple of map tiers are much easier compared to the act 4 boss fights ( i now it's counter intuitive but that's the case ) so i'd suggest to start farming maps after you make some upgrades.

Now why... oh why you don't have melee splash for your flicker strike and why do you have life leech there instead when you have blood rage ?! Where the hell are your auras !?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hah! I was experimenting with gems at the time, have gone back to the recommended setup and all is well. :) I will farm maps for a while and buy some non-crap gear.
BTW I got a Kaom's Primacy and a Darkray Vectors and things are quite a bit easier now. Still working on the rest of the gear.
Yeah you seem to only have life on your belt. You need some hp!
IGN: Frazetta
Hi Korgoth,

I've been looking between the Berserker and Slayer ascendancy class, and it seems with the 40% more damage modifier from Aspect of Carnage might overshadow the damage gain from the slayer's Headsman and Bane of Legends keystones. With your end tree pretty much interchangeable, would marauder be a better choice for the build?

Slayer totals (4 ascendancy points) -
+28% dmg (2h)
+10% atk spd (2h)
+100% dmg enemies low life
+20% chance onslaught 3 sec on kill
+40% increased dmg to rare/unique
20% overkill dmg life leech

Berserker total (4 ascendancy points) -
+24% phys dmg
+12% atk spd
+25% ias on hit received last 4 sec
+10% MS on hit received last 4 sec
+10% dmg taken
40% MORE dmg

Your thoughts?
All that would be true IF you go for Bane of Legends which you most certainly shouldn't do. Impact + Brutal Fervor + Endless Hunger is definitely the way to go in my opinon. Impact alone freeing up a socket from your flicker strike setup already overshadows anything that the Berserker can offer for the same amount of points and on top of that the other 2 notable passives give great amounts of survivability .. and let's be honest about it ... when it comes to high level content and high level character, about pushing to the highest possible level survivability is what really matters .. especially when it comes to 2h builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info