[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Holy crap, I didn't think about impact and melee splash.

Thanks for the response, makes a lot of sense.

Cheers!
I've never really played a Melee Build in PoE besides some of Sovyn's Lazy Pally. I was thinking about trying out your build in the new Softcore Perandus league for Ascendancy (rather than do another totem build).

I'm completely open to starting class choice. I was curious as to what weapon you would suggest picking? I'd assume an Axe because of all of your awesome pictures on the guide. It'll be a new league and I buy a few things here and there as needed but in general I don't think I'll have more than an exalts worth of gear.

Do you still like Armor/Evasion with Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics? I see a lot of people on both sides of the spectrum from checking out some responses. Some using Armor, Some using Evasion, etc!

Last edited by Jakzca on Feb 24, 2016, 7:52:43 PM
Hey I am not Korgoth, but I play the flicker striker for like 4 Seasons now:

Weapon choice at start is quite to yout own liking: Axe, sword and mace all got budget-uniques (like Kaoms Primacy, Doomsower and Kongors rage) for a few chaos to an exalt, which are enough to play through the main-game and kill Malachai.

For the endgame, Axe might overshadow the other for the simple reason that Axes deal more damage in general and dont have passives we dont need (as accuracy or longer stun) aswell as more good dmg nodes available.
In the end any great rare weapon (400/500 dps+) aswell as Atziris Axe will push your damage over the tops - the clearspeed of this build is insane and insanely fun if you like the flicker animation 10x a second ;)
I'm posting just to say that i absolutely agree with what Ezrael49 wrote before me and there isn't really anything else that i can add.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 25, 2016, 10:01:37 AM
really make life 2h sword crit on the assassin?
Last edited by futret on Feb 25, 2016, 11:53:10 AM
"
futret wrote:
really make life 2h sword crit on the assassin?

I van't say ... that i understand what you are trying to say, care to clarify.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Oookay, just watched the "ascendant" Scion subclass. Take a seat lads:

It basically gives 3 things: First Skillpoints for the main-tree, which are always nice to have second the class feature of a single other subclass of ANY class, as in most of the features of the raider(onslaught and phasing, attackspeed, frenzy stuff etc), champion (taunt, fortify, defense)... you get it. Sadly only one of these "themes" per class can be chosen (so no Slayer and Champion for example). These points arent as strong as the whole subclass but are also only one skillpoint in the ascendancy tree.

And here is where the fun starts:third, you can unlock another starting area, making it possible to distribute skillpoints starting from somewhere else. Even if this ofc is best for very unique builds which combine multiple features and not a straight-foward melee phys build as we use BUT it could be used to either get another starting area cheap or save us the hassle to connect them.
Meaning we could (have to take a closer look at my actual skill-tree) save skill points for the main tree again, by not having to take +5-7 skillpoints to make our way just to somewhere else - after all we take resolute techique aswell as phase acrobatics which are on the very other side of the skilltree.

So if there isnt something we definitely need on other classes (melee-splash/overleech, fortify, spellblock) scion somehow makes everyone happy. Even I still love the Slayer and its artwork, why not Ascendant for the Flickerstrike aswell?
Last edited by Ezrael49 on Feb 26, 2016, 3:28:20 AM
So i'll try to break down what the different possible ascendancy classes will give a character using this build. But first i must say that the option of the scion to use a different starting point sounds good ... until you realize that it takes 2 ascendancy points to get it meaning that you'll be stuck with only 1 of the ascendancy options of the other classes if you choose to pick it up. Now that combined with the fact that the starting nodes around the scion are not very good and the fact that not many passives are wasted for traveling purposes because there are plenty of great passives that we pick up along the way leads to the obvious ( in my opinion ) conclusion that it's just not worth it if you are going to use scion to use your ascendancy points for that.

Ok so where was i... yeah ... breaking down the different useful ascendancy classes

Slayer ( Duelist )
In total it gives:
Free splash ( 1 free socket, or a more powerful splash if it stacks with the support gem )
Leech effect not removed upon reaching full life ( extremely good.. think of it as tons of extra life regen )
Cannot be stunned while leeching ( that means pretty much permanent cannot be stunned )
0.4% life leech
42% increased damage with two-handed weapons
30% increased damage while leeching ( applied pretty much all the time )
5% increased attack speed while leeching ( applied pretty much all the time )
5% AoE Radius

Raider ( Ranger )
With 7 Frenzy charges In total it gives:
+1 frenzy charge
31% attack speed
18% movement sped
21% increased attack damage
6% chance to dodge
45% increased evasion
36% frenzy charge duration
20% chance to gain phasing on kill ( not really useful considering the nature of our main attack )
10% chance to gain frenzy on kill ( not that awesome because we can already sustain our frenzy charges via various methods )

Ascendant - Slayer+Raider ( Scion )
2 passive skill points
60 dex
20 str
30% increased damage against rares and bosses
10% overkill damage is leeched as life
always stun enemies that are on full life ( applied pretty much all the time )
15% increased attack speed while leeching
25% chance to Avoid elemental status ailments
2% chance to dodge
10% chance to get frenzy charge on kill ( not that awesome because we can already sustain our frenzy charges via various methods )
You have phasing and onslaught while on full frenzy charges ( phasing is rather useless with flicker strike, onslaught is great though )

Now to be honest with you guys ... at first glance the Scion looks cool ... but the more i think about it , the more it looks like a noob trap ... for this build at least. Most of the ascendancy classes ar useless for the build and other ( i'm looking at you Champion ) are in a miserable state. The two "best" sub-classes have many things, most of which - rather useless, and the rest - with small values. Nothing really stands out, nothing is really worth it. Personalyl I definitely won't make a scion with this build
Nice work there KorgothBG. Well on to another Duelist then :P
Hey Korgoth, planning on playing this build when new league comes out and have been checking here for updates every day so thanks for answering peoples questions etc as it helps a lot!

Any news on if or when you will be updating the guide or are you waiting for more information to come?

Thx a bunch mate!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info