[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Ascendancy stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5peoSsljNRY

On this podcast they discussed with Rory from GGG about refunding the points, changing your class, and they're also going to be re-balancing some of the Duelist stuff. Oh goody (mixed excitement & nervousness here)
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Feb 1, 2016, 2:02:05 PM
I've just listen to the podcast and yeah to be honest i was kind of expecting that some changes will be made to the Duelist ascendancy classes ... they just feel ... a bit too good if you ask so me. So i suspect that they will be nerfed a bit. But we'll see. And being able to refund ascendancy point was to be expected but it's nice to here a confirmation about it. Overall i like the way the game seem to be going, what i'm most worried ( and hopeful at the same time ) about is how they'll handle the situation with the most/least popular melee attacks and single vs. area target melee attacks.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I don't think they feel out of balance when compared to Assassin and Pathfinder. Assassin has a passive that essentially allows any weapon/spell to become a crit base. Pathfinder allows any flasks to have Surgeon's bonus and remove bleeds or status effects.
Sure but compare them to... say the marauder ascendancy classes.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
In the current Meta, sure. In that case the Duelist classes seem like they're in a happy medium between OP and underpowered. But like they said in the podcast, we can't be sure of what they have in store for us.

Maybe there will be a bigger use for super tanky builds that use Juggernaut. Juggernaut also allows more build diversity - to allow different builds an option other than RT or Unwavering Stance if they still want to crit or be able to evade.

They also seem to want to make buffs to duration. How often do you see melee builds pick up the Duration nodes near Scion? Might be a big worthwhile buff for Berserker. Cloaked in Savagery is probably going to synergize really well with Abyssus and some of the other damage taken abilities/uniques.
Good points there. Well indeed we don't know nearly enough even to speculate at this point. As always .. we'll have to wait to see :)
I've got 1 challenge left then I'm probably going to only log in for trading so I can try to contain my excitement. Booked some vacation, moving to a new place the weekend before, I'm ready!

You know, another cool thing about Berserker is that you could take that 100% damage node and invest those 5 points elsewhere such as jewels, endurance charges, and life. It's pretty decent honestly.
Last edited by Sicyo on Feb 2, 2016, 4:30:27 PM
When it comes to PoE at the moment i'm doing some standard map farming and i'm writing down the results because that's actually making the farming fun ( probably i'll post them in a thread when i have more data ). I don't want to start a new character or getting too involved at the moment because i'm starting a new job in a couple of days and i don't know if i'll have any time at all.
Anyway .. i really can't wait for the expansion release ... and there is still so much time till the day comes.
Thanks a ton for this build & guide, Korgoth.

After levelling this build faster than ever before I tried a Zana daily yesterday, a level 74 arid lake map while being 73. I cleared the map within minutes and easily collected the lode stones within the time limit...which I never managed with my (former) main, a summoner. (But I am a rather casual & clumsy gamer anyway... :D)
Today I wanted to push it further, and I did a fully enchanted Underground river map (level 78) while being level 75 - no problem at all. I had a random Zana mission on this map, which led me to a waste pool map with 2 rogue exiles, this "summon monsters from beyond" mod and several other mods...and I was VERY sure that my char will die on this one. But nope - this things from beyond always spawned when I had my maximum of frenzy charges running and died after flickering around them for 10 seconds. :D
But man, I was scared that I could run out of frenzy charges at some points...this would have meant instant death, I guess, especially with only 3.3 K life. :D

But I also need to mention the cons of this build [/irony on]:

-I felt already useless as a summoner, running behind my mobs and collecting the loot, but now sometimes its even worse. I just press the flicker button and stare in awe at the bloody mess on the screen, while trying to figure out what exactly is going on. After 30 seconds I find myself at the other end of the map, with ~50% of the mob population killed. Just with pressing one button. :D
-When I go to bed and close my eyes I still flicker through PoE maps. This rapid screen movement seems to burn into your brain. :D
-I became lazy and stopped to collect all loot that could probably be worth it. If I would still do it I would often spend more time doing portals & at the vendor than actually killing stuff. The clearing speed is (compared to my PoE experience so far) insane.

Really great stuff, thanks again! Have a nice start in your week, and good luck with the new job!
Hey MasterGono i'm always very happy to hear that my guide was able to help someone :)
Though without any sarcasm i must say that for me going back to pick up the loot dropped from the initial pack you've clicked when you are already 3 screens away is a nightmare.

P.S.
Oh and guys i've been keeping track of my currency drops from mid tier map grinding in this thread here -(click). It has total number of drops; average drops per run; 100 runs; hour average value in ex; link to the spreadsheet and stuff like that. 150 maps cleared so far. You could check it out if you are interested. :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 8, 2016, 5:28:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info