[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Wait am I not getting something here? To be a Raider you'd have to be a Ranger...Meaning the first 4-6 points in the skill tree would be somewhat wasted as compared to a Duelist, Finesse is slightly useless since we're RT, Duelists travel nodes in the beginning are generally better as well aren't they?
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Yes, they are better though calling life + evasion passive nodes "wasted" is simply not true.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Yes, they are better though calling life + evasion passive nodes "wasted" is simply not true.

+1

Yeah if we go Raider we have to deal with picking up Finesse and another dex node to get to the rest of our normal tree. You're really just "wasting" 2 points which could be a jewel or something else in order to get some attack speed. Pretty big tradeoff if you ask me, since we can get 35-40% extra damage, resists, life, etc. from jewels.
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 29, 2016, 10:24:15 AM
I've been playing this build on THC for over a week now and it's been so much fun (albeit a bit scary when you run out of Frenzy charges or get stunned in the middle of a large pack and have to panic-attack with Frenzy to get those charges back up!).

My build is slightly different and helps focus a bit more on surviving than dealing copious amounts of damage.

Here is my current passive tree:

Here is my desired end-game passive tree:

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

I am fully aware my gear and flask setup isn't perfect, however, at the moment they work quite well for me.

If anyone has any thoughts or improvements to my passive tree, gear, gems or flasks, please let me know!
Last edited by lifeinjersey on Jan 29, 2016, 4:12:49 PM
"
lifeinjersey wrote:

If anyone has any thoughts or improvements to my passive tree, gear, gems or flasks, please let me know!

I think the main thing you can do for your gear is partly what you said - get higher level flasks. I'd also dump your mana flask for a hybrid flask. And get a warding flask for curses. Feel free to check out my flask setup in my profile, it works pretty well for me.

Otherwise, you need to maximize your strength, life, and flat phys on your rare pieces. My strategy is to pick one high(40%+) resist on each piece, then add strength and maximum life, preferably keeping a suffix slot open so you can fill it with a crafted resist.

Examples:

Ignore Assassin's mark in gloves, I'm leveling Enlighten in a haku weapon on switch and leveling assassin's mark for selling.
On each of these pieces I have an open suffix so I can switch my resists around so upgrades in other slots are less expensive. Then, if I somehow don't need the resist and the piece doesn't have Strength, I put that on for more dmg and life.

Also, try combining 60+ two-stone rings for prismatics and then alching them. You can get good stuff occasionally like these:

The ones that aren't so good you can use for chaos/regal recipes. The ones that are good but not for Flicker, you can sell.

For your tree, firstly don't plan on using all 123 points. Secondly, I think you might be undervaluing the Fortify wheel in HC. It's not far away.
Edit: So after googling about the fortify wheel it seems like it's controversial. Not everyone likes it. So with those 6 points you can get 3 jewel slots. Boat loads of damage and potential 21% life.

Here's what I did with 112 points
Or This without Rampart.

I dropped some of the wheels/choices you made because there's too much traveling involved for little gains. I dropped RT because with Poacher's mark always up, you really don't need RT unless you're doing a curse immune map (why would you when that's part of our frenzy generation now?). Another thing - if you're planning to use this build in Ascendancy, don't forget we get pretty reliable stun immunity from Slayer.
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 29, 2016, 5:09:17 PM
This build says not viable in party play but to what extent?

Would this build be able to work with two players in a party? (I primarily play with one of my friends)
Well with just a two-man party it should probably be kind of OK.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 30, 2016, 11:39:37 AM
"
Sicyo wrote:

I think the main thing you can do for your gear is partly what you said - get higher level flasks. I'd also dump your mana flask for a hybrid flask. And get a warding flask for curses. Feel free to check out my flask setup in my profile, it works pretty well for me.

Appreciate it, will work on a better hybrid flask. I like to use the mana flask for getting rid of bleed and to use against boss fights to sustain Flicker Strike :)

"
Sicyo wrote:

Otherwise, you need to maximize your strength, life, and flat phys on your rare pieces. My strategy is to pick one high(40%+) resist on each piece, then add strength and maximum life, preferably keeping a suffix slot open so you can fill it with a crafted resist.

Yes, as my build and gear is pretty new I do need to work on refining the resists, life and phys pieces. I have just obtained the following rings:

"
Sicyo wrote:

Also, try combining 60+ two-stone rings for prismatics and then alching them. You can get good stuff occasionally like these:

The ones that aren't so good you can use for chaos/regal recipes. The ones that are good but not for Flicker, you can sell.

Yes this is working quite well for me, in fact, one of the rings I am currently wearing was done via this method. Again, more appreciation :D

"
Sicyo wrote:

I dropped some of the wheels/choices you made because there's too much traveling involved for little gains. I dropped RT because with Poacher's mark always up, you really don't need RT unless you're doing a curse immune map (why would you when that's part of our frenzy generation now?). Another thing - if you're planning to use this build in Ascendancy, don't forget we get pretty reliable stun immunity from Slayer.

I just chewed through about 25 regrets after comparing your tree to mind in POESkillTree application and realising I did a LOT of unnecessary travelling. I scrapped RT in favour of the Jewel sockets.

Do you have any recommendations for Jewel combo's and where's best to slot?

Thank you for the valuable input :)
Well when it comes to jewel what you really want is a Viridian or Crimson jewel that has:

7% increased maximum Life
16% increased Physical Damage with Axes
12% increased Melee Damage
10% increased Damage

And you want as many of these as you can get. But that's the perfect jewel so it's likely that you'll never have even one ( especially with 4 perfect rolls ) .. but yeah ... what you want is life + as many damage mods as possible. As to best slot ... well .. those jewels don't care for the slot so anywhere is fine.
"
lifeinjersey wrote:

I just chewed through about 25 regrets after comparing your tree to mind in POESkillTree application and realising I did a LOT of unnecessary travelling. I scrapped RT in favour of the Jewel sockets.

Do you have any recommendations for Jewel combo's and where's best to slot?

Thank you for the valuable input :)

Glad to help a fellow swordsman :)

Those are some good rings you picked up! I also see the point in using a mana flask for removing bleeds/sustain but for me, even in t12+ maps I don't find that I need to remove bleeds nearly that often. Plus if you pick up a hybrid as your #2 flask you can free up room for Atziri's flask or another utility flask.

Korgoth hit the nail on the head when it comes to Jewels. Life & Damage. It can also be beneficial to pick up resists there. I could stand to get some more life jewels, but I needed to pick up fire resist since I'm lacking a bit on gear. There's only 4 jewel slots that require little traveling for us, but don't rush them. What I did was made a few Jewel filters in poe.trade and just refreshed them looking for deals. It took a little while but every so often you'll be able to grab a good one for 3-6c.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info