[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

I'm thinking Champion would make this build HC viable. You could go maces and get the Fortify wheel in the bottom left and replace your Fortify link with Faster Attacks (since you get less attack speed on the tree with Maces) or Leech, Life Gain on hit, or other survivability tricks.

I'm also thinking we're going to have to do some weird testing with Slayer's Impact and Melee Splash to see if they are separate hits, once cancels the other out, or how else they interact.

I'm not sure if they've said this anywhere but also, can we refund these points? Lots of questions up in the air.
IGN: Frazetta
Well life leech or life gained on hit make little to no difference ( tested ).

Good point about Slayer's Impact and Melee Splash it would be cool if they can stack.

As for refunding ascendancy points ... if i remember correctly we'll be able to reassign them when we get full tree refunds.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Well, guess we could fill it with endurance charges or stun or something. There's options!

Yeah I would be ecstatic if they stacked. I love having a big honking melee splash radius. The clear speed difference is really noticeable to me.

Well I'm wondering if the ascendancy points get roped in with the other refund points and regrets. If not, I'm hoping we'll be able to do some beta testing because I hate just winging it on new leagues.
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 19, 2016, 2:15:20 PM
2h critical unreal?
It's not unreal, though it requires different gear, tree and even gems compared to the build in this guide, so it really is a different build.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"

you detailed guides. Can you help?
Well i can give you some general tips ... but what i always try to avoid is talk about things that i haven't personally tested for an extensive enough period of time.

So first of all ... gems...

You'll need assassin's mark + blasphemy for extra damage and crit chance and most importantly as a power charge generator.

You would probably want to run Flicker strike + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Melee physical damage + Fortify + Melee Crit Multiplier.

Of course you would still use hatred and blood range.

Because you would use Assassin's mark that means that you won't be using Poacher's mark and that means that you must use the blood dance boots but that's not the only difference when it comes to your gear.
You will need a high damage, high crit chance staff, maligaro's virtuosity gloves, rat's nest helmet, crit and accuracy from your rings and amulet will be desired as well.

Of course you would also have to spend good enough amount of passives for crit, crit multiplier and possibly accuracy on your tree ( heartseeker, eagle eye, disemboweling etc. )

Yeah pretty much those are the general advice that i can give you.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 26, 2016, 10:37:40 AM
http://www.pcgamer.com/path-of-exiles-new-ascendancy-class-is-the-berserker/

"
Aspect of Carnage:
100% increased Attack Damage
10% increased Damage Taken

This is initially really alluring, but it's not more Attack Damage, just increased. So worth like 5 pts on tree.

Still certainly a viable option for us. I think I'm growing more fond of Slayer as the days go by though.
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 28, 2016, 4:18:28 PM
The berserker is ... "meh" ... at best.
Yeah most of it seems to rely on chances even more than the other abilities. I was excited for the 100% extra damage but it doesn't seem as crazy if you think about it for a minute.

I asked a question on our subreddit that I hope gets an answer about Impact from Slayer, among other abilities/passives. Could use some traction if you guys have a moment:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/435t9w/ascendancy_class_mechanics_do_they_stack_with/
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 28, 2016, 5:50:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info