[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

It is simply not possible to update the build for a version of the game that is not released yet. When ascendancy comes out it will take me from 2 to 9 days to fully update the guide ( probably 2-3 days ) .
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Here is the new Ascendancy Skill Tree:

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.4

from the Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/487p4q/poeskilltree_224_ascendancy_support/

GL HF! :)

Thanks for the responses on the last page as well Ezrael49 and Korgoth.
Last edited by Jakzca on Feb 28, 2016, 11:58:26 PM
Well with the new tree i'm comfortable to say that there are no changes that affect this build except for the Ascendancy classes of course.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
So I have a crazy idea.

I'm getting that Mirrored Pain Sunder Axe, and it has crit chance + multi, but this build is RT. If you recall, im doing a modified version of your build, however, I am too using RT.

So I was considering the possibility of going crit. What if. I respec'd out of RT, and went crit by picking up Scion and getting Assassin + Path of Shadow, and making this (Axe Version):

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAAAwBfvrz0xkUKNdYxnqZXTeP-jzWS2L218ngNwBpvO6lud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqeplHh6qSeHaoTvQ-c53eSxXhMhVSz7iiInINw9B3XAptrBLlPTb0MxwzNaGnlowQRfPxQg7w5QR-RRl3kJljkO6wmFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj462RSwaPiYTB3Wf5OMhfhJvgTTPcykn3cI5hv5c8j9o19TZIwfFFHjb8FtcLstMUM8qXLYqxsjD7PvebnVCT9_97UIzBx3ahLeDpCxLjV-HTtBS1FfJeX-_W0OOUZjDaJ03BSKgtd8p2qNj3rYxEvKwq1SNRChG-xW6YyAwSocqlI0ujirQ==

Do you think it would be possible/viable?
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Mar 2, 2016, 7:45:02 PM
Sure it is possible and viable, just expensive. But it seems that won't be a problem :)
While talking about crit...

I was a little bit starteled by some paper DPS values of other (critical and/or ele dmg) flicker strike builds around. 500k to millions (!) of paper DPS seemed too good to pass by. Even though the 200-300k DPS(buffed with flaskes and stuff) my last RT flicker striker archieved, and seemed more than enough to me, didnt come even near.

It is fine that it is expensive. I just want it to kick ballz.
So I decided to give crit a try. The problem: neither i know anythign about crit builds, get the recent patch notes to critical strike nor do I have a feeling how much crit is "enough". Next to resolute technique is a crit cluster, near the 2nd frenzy charge is another one. Does it, pared with a second curse (assasons amrk and its pwoer charges), already make a decent crit chance, depending on some crit 2 handed sword?

Well maybe that question doesnt really hit the topic of this build but can anyone help?
Ok i've done some crit for the past few years and my latest thing is a ele crit split arrow shadow so let's see.
First of all keep in mind that if you want to go for crit you must expect 4 things - higher damage, lower survivability, reflect nightmare, expensive gear.
So how much crit is considered to be "enough". OF course the end goal is capped crit chance at 95% but anything above 75% is good enough in my opinion.
Using a dagger is definitely the way to go given not just because of the daggers themselves but becuase of the insane crit related dagger only passives.
Try to get a 9% + base crit chance dagger, use one of the possible ways of getting power charges so that you can keep of them up most of the time, get maligaro gloves and rat's nest helmet, crit chance on rings/amulet (if needed ) and pretty much that's it. If you can afford it acuity is great.

To be honest with great gear ( acuity + mirrored dagger + high-end rings/amulet, 6l daresso, well rolled rat's nest etc. ) you can pull of great damage AND have great survivability, simply because you don't need to spend much on the tree for damage and instead you can focus on your survivability. Why many people with such gear refuse to do that and instead go for ridiculous and completely useless amounts of damage is beyond me... i guess some people people just Luuuuuv them big numbrZ.

EDIT: I'm going to grab something to eat, then i'll take some time to theorycraft a crit dagger flickerstriker with gear, tree, gems and everything and i'll post it here of course.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 3, 2016, 5:07:48 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:

EDIT: I'm going to grab something to eat, then i'll take some time to theorycraft a crit dagger flickerstriker with gear, tree, gems and everything and i'll post it here of course.

You da MAN KorgothBG!

In regards to that I looked into the shadow guides area which got a few builds which either have insanely good mirrored equipment or go duel wield to flicker (which well... isnt exactly the way I guess).
Trickster also looked good because of frenzy charge, more dodge (!) and no mana cost for flicker, but if we free a slot with slayers Impact we could use increased crit chance/dmg with that. Or fk it and go assasin /gladiator for insane damage or actually good block/spellblock chance and MAIN HAND KILL FRENZY GENERATION.

Oh boy 1 day to ascendancy and numbers fill my head...
So first of all the gear ... ideally as a weapon you'll need a loath bane dagger, gloves - atziri acuity, amulet with accuracy, life, life leech, physical damage, crit multi and crit chance, diamond rings with physical damage, life, accuracy and resists, for a belt you could use the doryani physical belt, or headhunter, or a tripple res, life, wed rare belt, for the boots - you could go for many things actually... blood dance for the life regen and frenzy charge generation ( that way you can drop the poacher's mark and use assassin's mark instead ), atziri step for life, evasion and spell dodge, windscream for extra curse if you want to use both asssassin's mark and paocher's mark, helmet - rat's nest if you need the crit but in reality you won't, so probably go for abyssus for the crazy damage, and since you'll use acuity, reflect will be ok, and the chest - i'd still say daresso.

So your base crit with loath bane is 8.69% and add +2.5% base crit from the assassin ascendancy with 5 power charges = total of 11.14% base crit or let's round it down to 11% base crit

with a total of 700% increased crit chance you'll have ~89% crit chance, add assassin's mark and factor in the ambush ascendancy node and you'll be well above the crit cap of 95% chance to crit.

from 5 charges
250% crit chance

From your gear you get
40% from loath bane
35% from acuity
90% from rings and amulet
------
165% crit

total:
415%

So from the tree you need just another 285% crit chance

Well with the following tree ( offline tree builder used ) you get 305% crit chance:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNjjdaLZMjIjNsgUEJJTEPVv2YZqjLxvFr8mlQ-rYeJtbFVLNj3ndLVIjDadqlWF6NaJ02yMpcsi6psmBbVwUmKsLVUyAY2_Kgu0xRaqshlRR9QjXfLb5z3Rz3rnVD7PMHwwcUcGBX1h6yT9veaNfd2o8uHYdnpT_94j9kt4Y0O5Pk2So4o6QqxmsbPuDizheK4brfzFfeM94pS4DY1I7nsUW6-HdtN-Tirjn2egfXVM_yPTSn3-ukMxapOPYNrBwzMZtHTtWhq-pwUtZU167702R36E2cqQ6UaK8MSCAF4Zju2DCC4=

Go with
Flicker strike + melee phys + multistrike + melee splash + fortify + crit multi

And pretty much that's it you'll get plenty of damage to oneshot everything in existence while you'll still have great survivability. Now you could always get cheaper gear for worse results, just adjust the tree to the gear that you'll use.
Guys so ... this new expansion doesn't change much for the build ( aside from the ascendancy classes of course ) so i can say that i've already updated most of the guide. I still need to post the new screens of my stats ( when the expansion comes out of course ) and maybe make a video or two when i have the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info