[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

I had some questions regarding the "Boss Fights" section. I've put it "on-hold" because i'm working on a new build. I hope that you'll excuse me!

P.S. Btw i've completed my All-round Newbie guide! (as requested and suggested by Strajder16)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/590251

I hope you like it guys! Thank you for all your support :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I'm proud to present my lates Guide!
"How to Smash Heads. Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch using Infernal blow."
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/606841/page/1/#p5320422
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hello,

Thanks for posting this build, it's really interesting compared to most of the other melee builds I have given a whirl. Feels unique and deadly, I tried it out in standard league to a decent level! I'm going to give it a go in nemesis league, it really does have a nice trick up its sleeve. How can you hit what's not there.

I'm sure I'll be trying out some more of your builds in the future, cheers.
Thank you.
If you really want to try this build in Nemesis ( i don't recommend it) i have an important advice - Beware the Desync!
Is this build viable on a completely new league? Cause some of the support gems are quite far below on the Quest Rewards list, and the term "item dependent" is kinda making me hesitant to try it on a fresh start

And is 2H-sword that bad of a choice?
Last edited by DCFDTL on Nov 16, 2013, 2:07:09 PM
i really can't answer you... but it will be hard for a new league... without the needed gems and items... ofcourse i've never tried... it could be doable but i just can't be sure
I'm just gonna try it, YOLO

2H sword really that poor of a choice? Or do you absolutely need an Axe/Mace?
Oh sorry forgot the Sword question -_-
Well a sword is the worst possible choice because you don't need its accuracy and it has lower dps compared to an axe/mace/staff. Ofcourse if you have a nice sword go for it - it will still work. It's just that
Axes - have supirior DPS
Maces - have nice stun and very high DPS
Staffs - have block and that's really really good
Sword - well they are swords... that's all

In my opinion
Axes=Staffs>Maces>Swords
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 17, 2013, 1:33:30 PM
Quick question Korgoth:

I'm lvl 25ish at the moment, and I 6L'd:
Flicker + Multi + Fire Dmg + Splash + Ele Dmg + Blood magic.

Also running Blood rage, usually at 4-5 stacks. Cant wear my blood dance boots for another 20 lvls I think.

When I use Bloodmagic(lvl 1) to cast Flicker, it takes almost 1/4 my HP to cast it. I am guessing it is because the mana multiplier on blood magic is at 245% @ lvl 1. Along with all the other 150-175% mana multipliers in the 6L, it costs like 170 HP to cast it once, so I can only cast once or twice then my HP is too low to cast again, despite having frenzy charges left.

The damage is very nice, but if I flicker three times I usually sit at around 10% HP left. Am I doing something wrong? I don't believe I am, but I am having a hard time sustaining my HP without using a HP flask after each flicker. Also tried running the mana method, but using hatred reserves too much mana, and I cant even cast it more than once. Cant use Reduce mana until lvl 31.

Not a big deal really, since my auto attack and cleave just kills everything anyways, and I have the gear to get me through Cruel just cleaving and autoattacking. But I am not sure how you pulled off starting to use Flicker in the 6L without running out of HP and/or mana @ lvl 19.

Thanks!
Well Tipptoe the only thing that you are doing wrong is that you are using 6 linked flicker strike at level 25 :)
6 or even 5 linked flicker with blood magic at low level is suicide. I never said that i've started to use 6L flicker at level 19(or atleast i believe i havn't because that's not treu) :) I was with 4 linked from level 21 to level 53 ( 3L from 19 to 21 - flicker+multi+splash ). And if i recall correctly i've been using mana up to level 53 also. Of course the damage is much lower but it's much much safer that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info