[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hello

Would have any major drawback for doing this build on Scion?

My FB Duelist died today at lvl 65 due to alot of lag (I knew that my connection was bad today and should not have take the risk) + pressing the " key (I think it's ~ on US keyboard) instead of 1 (HP potion) lol
Still don't know if I'll continue on standard or start again (I don't have nothing on standard, but dont have more currency on nemessis too.. At least have another Facebreaker lol)

So, for now, I want to try this build since they can share some common gear like rings, amulet and armor (Or a BoR maybe?)
Since I already have a Duelist I was thinking of doing this with Scion
Would be better to go first to Resolute Technique/Templar side or Duelist start ?

Sorry for all this off-topic (I was sad for Dying in a so dumb way) lol
And my bad english (That makes me use a lot of words to say things)
And thanks again for this another nice guide :D
Last edited by DreamE on Nov 26, 2013, 10:09:21 PM
Sure you can play as a Scion. Just take the phys damage nodes to get on the "track" of the build. You can take the resistances nodes instead if you don't have enough res on your gear.
Sorry for the Nemesis character mate... that's why i never play HC(+bad PC) :D
BoR would not be a good idea unless you plan on using staff or ofcourse if you don't have a 5L chest but you do have a BoR in your stash.
Hmm Templar or Duelist start.. it's really hard to tell... some people have accuracy issues until they get the Resolute Technique but i never had such problems ( maybe it's the leveleing gear ) .. i guess i can't help you here... it's up to you

And for the english.. i really can't tell... it's not my native language also. ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Well... I Still don't have gear, I bought The Blood Dance but i was with it on my inventory when I died.. So, I "lost" my rings, amulets, the abyssus and my 5L (Bad armor, but have 5l lol)... Beside an Limbsplit and some alch I'll be starting from scratch...
I wasn't expecting to die lol none "real danger"..My game just freeze and I began to prest the wrong key (~) instead of my potion lol Was a really dumb death

Usually I dont have that kind of problem, it was just to kill me lol...But I'll continue on standard now

So, I think I'll start with the damage nodes and go to Duelist

Thanks o/
I've probably bashed you before because I thought some of your builds were not so hardcore-friendly, or just had some tree / skill choices that werent so optimal, but damn you are one dedicated player mate. And you help a lot of people, and play a lot of different builds. Well done, really liking this build. And sorry for acting like a cunt.

Me personally, I want to try this build, although I want to find a way to get more hp nodes from the tree, maybe up to 300% at least. Also wont be using blood dance, no / half regen maps make it feel so worthless.

EDIT: My variation, did it quickly, can prolly optimise more. Have it at exactly endgame with all 3 quest points not taken, I would personally leave damage nodes for the end, since I will try on nemesis. Will need chaos res items to run blood rage tho.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wSzBS0JlhQgFE0VIBfhGjga2xv6I_Yl3ycgJ-0ppSpNMZ4yiTWSNug6szrhPC0_J0CgRmlHfkp9SshM_03jTipQR1b6V-JYr1nzWf5aGlpIW69gS2EhZU1lp2egapNsFm5pbqpu2HKpdO135XgNeu982Xz1g9uE2YTvh3aI8YoikAqQVZWbmSueuZ_LogCkGaZXpzCnhKloqW6rxaxZrKqvbLXytkG3Pr2Bvea-ir6nwA_ApsDzxPbFisauypDOcdJN1e3dDeJh4urnY-sJ7DjuDu_w8B_yRfPd-WP8S_yJ_MX-Cv6P
Last edited by mvm199 on Nov 27, 2013, 5:47:38 AM
@DreamE
Hmm i see.. anyway this build is unplayable in hardcore in my opinion... the desync might lead to the most stupid death case... and since you now have items for standart this build might serve you well

@mvm199
Thanks mate, i really appriciate it.. besides you did gave me some valuable advices.
Well the tree looks good to me.. but i must warn once again.. i don't think that this build is safe enough for a Hardcore league

EDIT: In my opinion Amplify is a very nice passive node sine you'll be using melee splash. It affects your damage because of the splash and it affects the physical and the elemental part of it it also affects the primary target and the secondary targeds(the splashed ones). The "bad" thing is that the DPS increase won't show in the ToolTip. And don't underestimate the life regen when using blood rage.. it's terrible to constantly lose life... it's ... stressful

EDIT: Take a look at this tree... saved you 3 points...
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wSzBS0JlhQgFE0VIBfhGjga2xv6I_Yl3ycgJ-0ppSzpMZ4yiTWSNug6szrhPC1AoEZpR35KfUrITeNOKlBHVvpX4livWfNZ_loaWkhbr2BLYSFlTWWnZ6Bqk2wWbmluqm7Ycql07XfleA1673zZfPWD24TZhO-HdojxiiKQCpBVlZuZK565n8uiAKQZplenMKeEqWipbqvFrFmsqrXytkG3Pr2Bvea-ir6nwA_AGsCmwPPE9sauypDOcdJN1e3dDeJh4urnY-sJ7DjuDu_w8B_yRfPd-WP8S_yJ_MX-Cv6P
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 27, 2013, 8:24:48 AM
I've updated the screenshot of the Flicker strike damage. For some reason Flicker strike damage is now shown as "Damage per use" and not "Damage per second" . The change of course is just cosmetical and the damage is still the same.
Can i farm with this build? For example do piety runs with ehrm low-medium gear to farm currency/items? or do you suggest more a summonor for people with low/no currency
Last edited by Xeklen on Nov 29, 2013, 12:37:59 PM
Well i don't know what do you mean by "low/no currency" ... but you need atleast the Kaom's Primacy axe and a 5L chest
Update:

Picked up unwavering stance, and finished the ele dmg nodes.

90% of deaths = Desync, other 10% was from getting Frozen, Alpha's Howl solved that, but now lacking in HP. Currently sitting at 3.2K, 3.7K previously w/out Alphas.

Hit 80 last night. Maxed ele resists, still at -45% chaos. Still Running BM gems. Still using Tabula Rasa. Working on 6L Astral Plate, not much luck so far. Wish I could get in more playtime.

Steamrolling 66-71 maps. Haven't had any 72+ drops yet.

Builds holding up solidly through everything so far.

I had a 529 DPS staff drop last night(vs my 432 2H Axe), was thinking of respeccing to Staves, but noticed there are not many Staff dmg nodes available to us in this build, most sharing some block chance.

Not sure it's worth it. Has anyone tried the staff build?
Last edited by Tipptoe on Dec 3, 2013, 6:53:04 PM
I havn't tried staff for myself but to me it seems like a good idea. Block is a wonderful thing.
BTW for being frozen you just need 2-3 remove frozen flasks and you'll never ever have that problem again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info