[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hello :D

How would work the new unique axe Wings of Entropy in this build?
It seems to have a good DPS with some block chance

"
KorgothBG wrote:
I havn't tried staff for myself but to me it seems like a good idea. Block is a wonderful thing.
BTW for being frozen you just need 2-3 remove frozen flasks and you'll never ever have that problem again!

I was hoping to take a few points away from HP and DMG and get a few points in reduced mana reserved in the NW corner so I can run Armor aura. But dunno if it will be worth it.

"
DreamE wrote:
Hello :D

How would work the new unique axe Wings of Entropy in this build?
It seems to have a good DPS with some block chance

I saw this and wondered same thing, it looks good but I think the low physical DPS of the weapon would mean you need to find many Wep Ele Dmg nodes to make up for it, with different skill gems. Maybe it can be done?
Hi guys,
Is this build really unvailable for party?I party a lot but I would try this build any advice or simply: choose another? :)

Thank you!
Well in my opinion it's hard to party with that build because you need to be able to constantly flicker. In party you just can't that because:

1. The monsters have too much life and you just can't kill them fast enough
2. There are other party members who will do the killing blow from time to time.. and that means no frenzy charges for you

Hmm i thought that there would be more reasons... anyway these 2 are enough to make this build pretty much uunplayable in party... of course you can always switch flicker strike with frenzy when you party... but it's just not the same ( and it's more dangerous )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Please PLEASE don't use red text. I physically cannot read anything written in red and I'm not going to highlight every use of it just so I can read this
Oh ok .. never thought of it .. i'll change it right away

EDIT: All done. Sorry for the inconvinience.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 5, 2013, 3:12:12 AM
I just wanted to take a few moments to thank you for this excellent guide. I ignored (missed because I jumped to the build) your advice not to use for your 1st character and have been playing it and recently hit 64. It took me quite a while to get multistrike. Someone eventually traded one to me for 2 chaos and a chisel. Have no idea if I got ripped off and I do not care. I am successfully farming the early boards in ACT 3 on Merciless with terrible gear.

I have had no success getting a 5L item. I keep trying to craft and fail terribly. I have been fortunate finding high physical damage axes while leveling. I am currently using an axe, something ~260-440 without much else on it. I have been unlucky finding a cast when damage taken gem either but my DPS is great. I was crushing the ledge then fellshrine at 60 in Merciless even in full groups, people were pissed.

“What skill are you using?”
“Flicker strike”
“I never teleport more than 3 times”
“You’re doing it wrong :), Google 2hnd flicker, do what the guide says, it freakin’ rocks”

My 4 link is Flicker+ Multi+Spalsh+Melee Damage”. I also run hatred, and use some flasks that give 99% armour boost while flask effect active…nice!!! I kill so fast I just pop the flask every time it’s full, which is all the time. When I finally get a 6L item look out. I have added fire and cold gems ready to go.

Question, why link blood magic and blood rage? I am newb, playing a week and not for that many hours. The speed of this build is just sick. Oh, for the longest time I thought I had to keep hitting blood rage, did not realize each kill refreshed the timer, probably 50 levels worth of leveling, ouch.

Here is the deal, your guide is well written, it gives options and produces the desired results. I am having fun playing this game in large because of you. Thanks

Desync suck but you get a feel for it, pause, hit life flasks, move a bit flicker good to go, I die sometimes but so what:) It is not often.
Last edited by Thegratefulhead on Dec 5, 2013, 7:25:32 PM
"
I am having fun playing this game in large because of you. Thanks

That's ... porbably the nicest most awesome thing that anyone have ever said about me in this forum. Thank you, i appriciate it!

"
Question, why link blood magic and blood rage?

To be honest.. even i don't remember why. But i guess it's there because at first i used mana to cast the flicker strike and didn't want to lose any extra mana for casting the Blood rage(i'm 99% sure that this is the reason why). Now the gem setup is different than before 1.0.0 and the gems in my gear are in different places( as you might notice there is no Cast when damage taken etc..) So basicly the items are the same.. the gems in them - not exatly the same/in the same sockets. But everything about the gems is up to date and explained in the active skills section. Anyway i'll update "My gear" tomorrow ( need to sleep now.. ).
hey

First of all thanks so much for the fun"est" build ever

i am 63 now soloing 68 maps with ease. just i noticed something in your skill tree .. you take elemental damage boost why exactly? i skipped it cause i tought it was a mistake. (sorry i read the answer on page 12 still think its meh)

also the area damage+area range is kinda meh.. and too situational

and i noticed you missed 6% easy acces all res. right before elemental adaptation

and diamond skin in the bottom is nice aswell. another 12%

u might have max res from your gear,. but this allows you to take just that bit more damage right?

also im wondering if you can explain why you took resolute technique. im at 97% chance to hit in merc. that is 8% more life or 20% 2hander dmg extra maybe?

those 3 mana on kill. its 15 mana on kill. but u can also take those points to take shaper. 2 points right of the big health circle. thats 1% life a sec extra and 40 mana% mana regen

and the 2 points 12% dmg with axes (24%) did you skip them on purpose?

also there is another armor master trolls blood and diamond skin easy pick up left of the life circle. wich are cheap and good extra points. with all these blood rage doesnt take any . for those o shit moments ;P

and last. artic bite maybe? not sure about this but 30% extra hatred dmg is nice. makes your hatred at lvl 20 do 50% increased damage total..

sorry for all the talk about passives

anyway once i reach 70 ill make a vid of speed clearing a map . levels are flying cause i clear 68 maps in like 5 min

Edit: i was really lucky today and got kaoms ;P near perfect roll. 500 dmg and that culling strike is so nice
Last edited by MrEsca on Dec 14, 2013, 8:54:43 PM
Hi MrEsca!

For the ele damage .. well you already read about it :)

For the AoE damage - since you have melee splash your flicker strike actualy becomes AoE attack and all AoE passives work ( even if the DPS tooltip sais otherwise ) so 12% more AoE Damage means 12% more damage ( physical and elemental ) for your Flicker strike vs packs of mobs and vs single targets

About the resistance nodes - My resists are capped ... so... no need for more res nodes right ?

You might have 97% chance to hit but it will be less in higher levels and of course it's estimated. So basicly i prefer to be able to hit 100% instead of risking to miss. Besides being able to crit is not always a good thing.

Well i said that it's 3 Nodes for mana on kill ... not 3 mana on kill ;) ... anyway i no longer use mana ... sometimes you run out of it and that''s something that i don't want to happen.

THese 2 nodes are the next to be taken. I just find more use for my skill points for now.

The Troll's Blood is nice it is not that easy to pick it up.. you actualy need 14 skill points to pick up the armour and life nodes in the marauder start... 14 skill points is hardly an "easy pick" ;)

Arctic bite.... well lets put it that way... for 2 skill points you get 32% more weapon ele damage from the nodes that you consider meh that's 32% more cold damage from hatred and 32% more fire damage from added fire damage support gem. Now arctic bite for 2 skill points will give you 30% more damage from Hatred... i think you understand what i mean right? ;)

Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 15, 2013, 3:06:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info