[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

@asbo96

Well there was a dual wield flicker build around not really sure about the name of the thread.. anyway i'm not a big fan of the dual wield flicker because there is absolutely no point in using dual wield.... i mean
you alternate your weapons when you use Flicker strike - that means that the damage is not consistant and that you only deal the damage of one of your weapons at a time
One-handed weapons are weaker than Two-handed weapons when it comes to Damage
You have more attack speed but less damage per hit. In the case of flicker strike that's not a good thing - you want to kill with less casts in order to keep your frenzy charges always stacked.. not to mention that less casts = less mana/life spent... and harder hits > faster hits when it comes to armour penetration
You need to spend much more passive points for damage related nodes. Points that could be spent for defensive nodes only if you were not a dual wielder.
You need 2 good weapons instead of just one .. making the dual wield more expensive
The only thing that is good about dual wielding is the ability to block ... but the good thing about the Flicker strike is that you really don't need block ...

so basicly Dual Wielding is absolutely pointless for a Flicker Striker.

Actualy even 1 handed weapon + Shield would be better than dual wielding. You get more block and survivability and you pretty much don't sacrifice any damage at all.

You can try and make a hybrid two-handed/dual wield flicker with Wings of Entropy and BoR ( 6L chest + very good helmet is always better than BoR ) but it won't be better just...different...

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 15, 2013, 6:59:37 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@asbo96

Well there was a dual wield flicker build around not really sure about the name of the thread.. anyway i'm not a big fan of the dual wield flicker because there is absolutely no point in using dual wield.... i mean
you alternate your weapons when you use Flicker strike - that means that the damage is not consistant and that you only deal the damage of one of your weapons at a time
One-handed weapons are weaker than Two-handed weapons when it comes to Damage
You have more attack speed but less damage per hit. In the case of flicker strike that's not a good thing - you want to kill with less casts in order to keep your frenzy charges always stacked.. not to mention that less casts = less mana/life spent... and harder hits > faster hits when it comes to armour penetration
You need to spend much more passive points for damage related nodes. Points that could be spent for defensive nodes only if you were not a dual wielder.
You need 2 good weapons instead of just one .. making the dual wield more expensive
The only thing that is good about dual wielding is the ability to block ... but the good thing about the Flicker strike is that you really don't need block ...

so basicly Dual Wielding is absolutely pointless for a Flicker Striker.

Actualy even 1 handed weapon + Shield would be better than dual wielding. You get more block and survivability and you pretty much don't sacrifice any damage at all.

You can try and make a hybrid two-handed/dual wield flicker with Wings of Entropy and BoR ( 6L chest + very good helmet is always better than BoR ) but it won't be better just...different...

Oh, Well you made me change my mind xD, Just have a question im level 30 now and i started using flicker with multistrike and melee splash but it costs some ridiculous amount of mana, how do i deal with this early game, should i use a different skill?
Do you have any mana leech? There are many cheap uniques that have mana leech i'd suggest that you use them. Get the mana flows passive and if needed get the 3 nodes with mana per kill - that's what i did ... you can always respec them later
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
What should I link to Frenzy if in group? You mentioned that it cant link with Multistrike for Frenzy. How about link with Melee Splash+ Blood Magic/Life Gain on hit/Weapon elemental damage+ Melee physical damage+ Added fire damage?

Thank you.
You can't link it in terms of getting frenzy charges ( when you use it as a utility skill ). But when you use it as a primary attack multistrike is ok .. after all you don't expend frenzy charges with frenzy and you are at max charges all the time so multistrike is ok.
I was looking at your mana version and i have a few questions. 1) how come the mana flicker has so much more damage, 2) How come you only have 530 mana, 3) Would it be possible to drop some life nodes and get mana nodes to run some auras cause you have about 5k health which is crazy lol.
The damage is the same

It's just that the mana version screeshot is before 1.0.3 and it shows Damage per Second (DPS)
After 1.0.3 it shows Damage per Attack
So basicly the damage is the same.. i can't update the mana version screens because i no longer use that version... probably i should just remove them

Well yea 500 mana and it's enough... after all 99% of auras reserve % of your mana and the difference between 500 and lets say 600 mana in terms of mana left after aura reservation is unnoticable.

In the end i strongly recommend to start with the mana version and eventualy go for the blood magic one ( that's what i did )
KorgothBG, now it only shows the passive tree for 100 points, how about your suggestion for level 100? I just got my 6L Kaom axe and I'm pretty happy for the culling strike effect which helps a lot to clear the mobs more quickly.

What I need to do is to find a good 5L plate armor, gloves, helmet, rings and amulet with good status to stack my life, res and chaos res and DPS up.

Thank you.
Well for level 100 i would say more damage and life, probably some armour... i need to get some sleep but i'll make a tree tomorrow i promise :)
the best FS's build so far
Finding a lot useful info from it however, after spending considerable amount of time for testing( level my Duelist from 65 to 75 ) , I found FS is not viable on high level map.Not because it is bad but because of damn desync.
Also, play smart. don't FS into a bunch of mob with undying buffs.
I'm having hard time when facing mob with frozen's skill ( mob in catacomb and lib). Dont get me wrong , dispel frozen and chill flask will help out but believe me flask does not recharge fast enough .
Have to switch back to ground slam. Bored as hell / slower clearing speed but safer to play.
Have fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info