PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Wouldn't this item be awesome for this build then?

"
Kylexcore wrote:

The damage isn't very good though?
IGN: Marissa_Is_Hella_Hot
My Domination Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/713727/page/1/#p6181728
"
T1gers wrote:
"
Kylexcore wrote:

The damage isn't very good though?

This also isn't a high roll, or 20% qualitied..
Well the damage really isn't good .. and you don't have crits at all so the frenzy per crit won't do anything... but it is a nice sword to have until you find something better :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Flicker build is FUN, but too easily killed by reflection maps. Now changed back to Witch CIFB build.
"
aresina wrote:
Flicker build is FUN, but too easily killed by reflection maps. Now changed back to Witch CIFB build.

I've managed to get to 79 before ripping to a nullifier in Nemesis. Re-doing it now. Currently using Tigris Est until I hit 58 for my 5l Kaom's Primacy.

One question for you Korgoth or any others that can help; would Oro's sword be any good for this build or is there any way to incorporate it into the build?

Cheers!
Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades.
Raven! Raven with me!
Last edited by Pocket_Fluff on Dec 20, 2013, 12:43:07 AM
Well the problem with the Oro a i see it is that you'll waste the huge life leech from the Blood Rage and that you have and can get alot more physical damage nodes ( and strengh) to boost your damage compared to pure fire damage nodes. Besides im not a big fan having only 1 source of damage.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Since I enjoy playing infinite-Flicker specs and take my time leveling (still very fast with this spec), I just wanted to chime in that leveling from 31 with a Blood Magic gem is viable and fun.
Same things apply as with the high level version.
-Get a 4-link and use Flicker + Multistrike + Life Gain on Hit + Blood Magic (won't work without these 4)
-if you have a 5-link, add Melee Splash back and become a demigod
-keep your Chaos resist at 0+%
-Flat Life Regen helps in early levels
-get Golem's Blood before heading to the Scion Life wheel to keep regen and drain in balance
-Cast on Stun + Decoy Totem is a great low/mid level life saver
-have a reasonably damaging 2h weapon to keep your Frenzy charges up without Splashing (not hard)

In Act II Cruel with 0% Chaos Res, 1.4k Life and 45 Life Regen, I'm usually topped up while flickering. With one slow and one instant Life Flask I can manage all encounters.
My gear isn't all that, using a blue 2h Axe with just 53% inc Phys and I flickered all through the Dominus Normal encounter, Brutus, Merveill etc. often with bad resists.
I currently also use a Sweep + Endurance Charge on Stun Combo if I find myself desynched or stunned within a group.

Acceleration Shrines are a pain to watch though. :D
... is not a troll
Hey Korgoth, this is my first successful build into end game and I want to thank you for that! At level 73 I'm starting to die a lot more than usual. I'm using your mana tree spec since I only have a 5 link not a 6. If I were to swap Blood magic for Added fire damage, and swap my mana nodes for 2hd damage node, would there be a better chance of survivability? (I wouldn't be using 2 mana pots anymore, I'd use 2 granite and 2 life flasks.)

Do you have any tips?

my gear

my spec:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwCcQSzBS0S4RRNGNsa2xv6I_Yl3yftMZ4yiTWSOuE8LUPnR35KfUrITP9N404qVvpaGlpIW69gS2EhZU1noGqTbmluqnKpdO135XgNeu982Xz1gziE2YTvh3aI8YoimSuiAKQZplepaKluq8WsWayqr2y18rZBtz69gb3mvoq-p8APwKbA88S4xPbFisau0k3V7dX43Q3i6uSx52PuDu987_DwH_JF8935Y_zF_gr-jw==

IGN: Marissa_Is_Hella_Hot
My Domination Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/713727/page/1/#p6181728
Last edited by T1gers on Dec 20, 2013, 7:25:23 PM
@T1gers
Well here's the thing about this build. Pretty much more damage and offense means better defense! Killing faster means that you'll take less hits and you'll survive more. So basicly get a better weapon! that should be your top priority! Not to mention that killing faster means that you'll have to cast flicker strike less times and you'll spend less mana.
Another thing - using the mana version you need to have atleast 1% mana leech from your gear! It's very hard without it! Try to find a ring with mana leech.

Now should you keep playing with mana until you find a 6L chest/weapon... it's hard to tell really... keep in mind what i've told you about the damage - without added fire you'll have less damage ... on the other side you'll be able to boost your armour with grace + IR and you'll be able to put some points in offense/defense... the fact that you'll be able to flicker non-stop is awesome of course..

I don't no what to suggest really... it's really hard to tell... the best option in my opinion is to get some mana leech and find a better weapon.

Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info