[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Thanks again and i wish you good Item Drops ! :)

Ok. Yeah i'm also no friend of Party Play ( Ok with *Childhood* Friends, no problem ) but not with *strangers* who acts likes dicks and ninja everything....
I hope you understand what i mean.^^

Oo 7 Auras ? That was possible ? Sick....

That is really stupid with the Blood Magic Keystone.....i think they must buff the Mortal Conviction Keystone to 60% less reserved Mana so you can run at least 1 Aura of your choice without a major Drawback..... and with the Reduced Mana Gem you can maybe run 2 Auras...or you can run 1 Aura for free and the second Aura reserved mana as usual, but i'm not so deep in the mechanics to make such suggetions.^^

I use Blood Magic Keystone till i hit the *Wall* and then i respecc, as i said earlier.
Maybe i find some *work around* but i dont think so.^^
I am still enjoying this build…alot. I have been playing this build with the resources of a new player, which is very little. I also do not play much. Some things I want to share. I have found mana leech to be very useful. It is cheaper than offensive mods on gear so I can go after more offensive passives instead of reaching for the mana on kill nodes. It will be a while before I can afford a 6L chest or weapon so I am resigned to using mana for a bit.

I also like increased duration on blood rage. You obviously can die to desync, you will die to it. Increased duration helps. If blood rage is still active when desync is over I generally survive. Increased duration pretty much ensures your blood rage will be longer than the desync.

For some tough uniques or bosses I swap out flicker for frenzy and melee splash for life leech. I have also added rarity boosting equipment, It is a big deal for the newer player to build resources, I am getting ridiculously better drops now. Once I find some better resist gear I will be able to lay off some of resist passives to improve my DPS even more, which feels good. My chr sheet boasts what seem to be a small DPS number for flicker when I compare it to what other builds on these forums post as DPS but I am splashing it. My DPS seems fine.

When I get a 6L I am wondering if another damage gem or increased AoE radius would be better than adding blood rage. Using mana with mana leec does not seem to hinder me ever.

Let me try to link my current gear and spec

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwCcQSzBS0UTRfhGtsb-iP2Jd8n7TGeNZI64TwtQKBHfkrITP9N404qTjJW-livWfNZ_loaWkhbr2BLYSFlTWWnapNuaW6qbthyqXTteA1673zZfPWC5IM4hNmE74jxiiKKr5ARlZuZK565ogCkGaZXqWipbqvFrFmsqq9stfK2Qbc-vYG95r6Kvqe-vMAPwKbA88S4xPbFisau0k3V7dX43Q3iYeLq52PuDu987_DwH_JF-WP8xf4K_o8=

I made a RT Staff Flicker Templar...and am going to make a duelist next.

...The Templar I made is lvl 69 and can clear lvl 68 maps/Lunaris 3 easily with 17.5k DPS...

...with uncapped resists because I'm using Abyssus and Tabula.

-Will probably buy a Koam's Primacy for this build.

THis is the staff on my templar(was going to go crit...but RT DPS has been enough for Reflect to be scary)

(Lvling some random gems for my Righteous Fire Marauder)
@Thegratefulhead
Did they fixed the increased duration + blood rage?
Before the increased duration nly applied to the initial cast and not to the timer reset per kill (i.e. you cast it and it last 15 seconds, you kill a mosnster and now the duriation is back to 10 seconds )
If GGG fixed it then yes increased duration support would be pretty awesome with Blood Rage

@Epsilon2012
Yeah try to buy Kaom it is indeed a great weapon!
The staff is... not bad... but it is medicore.. it has only 345 DPS.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey Korgoth,
I'm still loving this build. I do an absurd amount of damage. Currently 20% away from level 80. I would already be level 80 if I wasn't dying so much though. Any tips for desync, it seems to kill me majority of the time. Is there anyway to control the direction of my flicker strike? I often horde my way into humongous packs of monsters with powerful buffs on them and can't take them out in time. I will either run out of mana or my blood rage will end and therefore I die :/ Any help to increase my survivability and mobility would be great.

Gear
Spoiler

Spec
IGN: Marissa_Is_Hella_Hot
My Domination Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/713727/page/1/#p6181728
Last edited by T1gers on Dec 27, 2013, 12:46:44 PM
Well the way to deal with desync is to play smart. Don't just hold down the flicker strike button. After killing a pack or two walk around for a second then staart again. And no, you can't control the direction of the flicker strikes ( after the first one ). Using BM gem and Iron reflexes + grace would help but you have only 5l so i'm not sure if loosing damage is a good idea. If you decide to stick with the mana try to get some mana leech from your gear - it will help you alot.
About the mobility.. well you are using a mobility skill as a main attack how much more mobility do you want? :D
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well the way to deal with desync is to play smart. Don't just hold down the flicker strike button. After killing a pack or two walk around for a second then staart again. And no, you can't control the direction of the flicker strikes ( after the first one ). Using BM gem and Iron reflexes + grace would help but you have only 5l so i'm not sure if loosing damage is a good idea. If you decide to stick with the mana try to get some mana leech from your gear - it will help you alot.
About the mobility.. well you are using a mobility skill as a main attack how much more mobility do you want? :D

Haha very true, I'll get some mana leech. You're right I hold down my flicker strike button way too long. I'll play smarter and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply and fun build.
IGN: Marissa_Is_Hella_Hot
My Domination Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/713727/page/1/#p6181728
Increased duration is fixed, it applies to the recast...I like it a lot. Makes play more comfortable...I would sometimes look at a gear drop forget to recast bloodrage and I would wonder why I stopped flickering...now flicker never really goes down...it is very cool
sounds great! in that case i'll use one aswell ( i actualy have a level 20 increased duration gem ;) )
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 27, 2013, 3:38:57 PM
Thanks for the great build & informative instructions :)

Bought a voidhome at lvl54, started mapping at lvl62, here's one Mountain Ledge run at lvl67: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMOGV1X6YtI
Last edited by Ihmemies2 on Dec 29, 2013, 7:42:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info