[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

First off, great read, KorgothBG! Loved your presentation of the build. Have a question: how do you generate frenzy charges against bosses? With frenzy? Cos it leaves you a little vulnerable when doing so. Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.
First i must say that in many cases you kill the boss before you run out of charges( don't forget that a boss always has a magic pack of monsters with him.. with "free frenzy charges" label sticked to their foreheads.
But if you run out of charges and the boss is still standing ...well there are 3 approaches to this problem.

You need to use frenzy to get 2-3 frenzy charges and kill him.
Use this if the boss will drop down fast and you can't get oneshoted by the boss.

You can just run around until the flicker strike is ready and then kill the boss.
Use this if the boss will die with just 1-2 hits.

Leave the boss alone. Go to the nearest monster pack and get charges. Go back to the boss and finish him.
Use this if the boss is very dangerous and if there is monsters left on the map.

Personaly i only use 1. and 2. and i must say that i havn't faced any problems at all.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thanks for the quick reply. How about a boss like temple Piety with her lightning attacks?

I just managed to 5-link a Kaom's Primacy and have a Blood Dance and Bringer of Rain on hand, so I figured I'd try out this flicker version. (Had a semi-successful dagger crit Shadow and crit Marauder.)

My concern here would be the lack of defense against hard-hitting spells like Dominus, Piety and the underground sea map boss.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Jan 6, 2014, 1:17:49 PM
Well i kill them extremely fast .. so pretty much i don't have to worry about them... but i must warn you that i have good gear.. with less DPS .. it would be harder i guess... in the end it all depends on your gear.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
dude, im confused. why u not take the node two handed damage cluster below the master of the arena but u take the other useless plus strength? pretty confused about this, r there any reason ?
Because if i were to take these 3 nodes i'll need to spend 2 more skill points to get were i want to be. And from this cluster i get 22% phys dmage and 3% attack speed.
Where for the same amount of passive skill points i can get slightly more from other passives. It's not a big difference but i like to squize as much as i can from each passive.
So the useless strengh passives ( not actualy useless but still ) is only 1

here it is with the strengh

It takes 100 skill points

here it is with the 2h cluster

It takes 102 skill points

As simple as that :)
It's not a big deal if you prefer and decide to take the cluster of course. Feel free to do so
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 7, 2014, 7:28:10 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Because if i were to take these 3 nodes i'll need to spend 2 more skill points to get were i want to be. And from this cluster i get 22% phys dmage and 3% attack speed.
Were for the same amount of passive skill points i can get slightly more from other passives. It's not a big difference but i like to squize as much as i can from each passive.
So the useless strengh passives ( not actualy useless but still ) is only 1

here it is with the strengh

It takes 100 skill points

here it is with the 2h cluster

It takes 102 skill points

As simple as that :)
It's not a big deal if you prefer and decide to take the cluster of course. Feel free to do so

hmm i c. ty for the explanation
Appreciate the detailed replies, KorgothBG.
Newbie question but why is Catalyst useful? If my weapon is pure pdps and the only ele damage is coming from hatred, is it a good point to invest in?

While leveling, I'm taking Catalyst and the node to reach it later (2 points) and grabbing the reaver circle earlier for dps. Is there something I'm not understanding?
THe elemental damamge comes from your Hatred AND you Added Fire Damage... so basicly around half of your damage is elemental. Catalyst is not necessairy but helpful passive node

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info